Deerclops is a she?

1 minute ago, maciu67 said:

I think Klei laughs at this confusion.

No.. that’s not right, I know the 100% correct answer.

I once asked where does Wendy go when I use a Celestial Portal and the response I got was something along the lines of a certain group of survivors are on Island A, and the Other half is on Island B

So If Wendy is on Island A and then used the portal to become Wormwood, Wormwood is taken off Island B and Sent to Island A while Wendy goes from A to B.

(I know it’s confusing... and it sucks.)

BUT.. there’s your answer folks- Gender Male Deerclops is on one Island, Gender Female is on the other.

The fact that this is an actual unironic confusion in other threads is weird,it's pretty obvious that deerclops are a species and there's more than one individual.

Even the creator of the beast implies that there's more than one:

Screenshot_1165.png.9047108d010cef09748e43b6c8a5e69c.png

42 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

The fact that this is an actual unironic confusion in other threads is weird,it's pretty obvious that deerclops are a species and there's more than one individual.

Even the creator of the beast implies that there's more than one:

Screenshot_1165.png.9047108d010cef09748e43b6c8a5e69c.png

I feel completely stupid for not having thought of this possibility, especially when it's implied in the very eyebrella skin description that started this whole discussion.
image.png.9b19161d93b32ebcb19e23852c68ed92.png

In retrospect, I think myself and possibly others fell into the trap mindset of "if it's a boss, it's unique so there has to be only one of it"; good to know that this is an assumption to consciously avoid. 

That being said though, is there evidence that Maxwell is the one who created the deerclops/deerclops species? It seems unclear what parts of the Constant were his doing and what parts were already there. 

13 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

That being said though, is there evidence that Maxwell is the one who created the deerclops/deerclops species? It seems unclear what parts of the Constant were his doing and what parts were already there. 

The fact that Maxwell created dragonfly made me think that he's also the creator of the other RoG bosses minus M/Goose,but i'm not really sure If there's anything that proves that he created the deerclops species or not. 

Every time,
Every
Freakin'
Time
When the new update is released and discussion of the gender of character/mob begins:
Klei Devs/Forum Mods: *visible confusion*
People who think that monster's/character's gender is very important: Allow us to introduce ourselves

11 hours ago, RancorSnp said:

Actually, contrary to the popular belief the word King is not exclusive to the male ruler, we were made to believe that a female ruler is a Queen, but in actuality it's just an oversimplification. 
Year 1384 - Jadwiga, daughter of Luis the great was crowned the King of Poland while her sister Mary has been crowned the King of Hungary. Jadwiga then proceeded to be the sole ruler for 2 years, until she married the King of Lithuania (this time a male) with whom she formed a diarchy - the rule of two kings. So even though currently she is often being referred to as a queen, at the time she was very much a female king.

6 hours ago, Misuto said:

While that may be true in the Polish language, by definition it is incorrect in English. 

It might be a little off-topic but I, as a Pole, wanted to clarify that while Jadwiga was totally crowned as a king she is refered in our history books as the queen.

7 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

I know Maxwell references deerclops as "that guy", but could you point out where it was stated that Maxwell created deerclops?

Could you point out where Klei directly referenced deerclops as the "king of winter"?

The fact that Maxwell literally says there was nothing before he created everything in the constant during the ending of Don't Starve?

7 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

The fact that Maxwell literally says there was nothing before he created everything in the constant during the ending of Don't Starve?

The Merms and Pigs existed before then, Pretty sure birds did too. I do think he created Deerclops though

I have  Stupid Problem in witch i had part of by creating a second topic before I sow that the "problem"is already being "discussed". I just could not stop laughed after resentfully opening a ball! So thank YOU, sorry ME!

My solution: All characters have personal quotes and opinions, but there´s one that did not said nothing, or at least we thought so. ALL of the descriptions are done by the Collector in the Shop. It´s just a theory, but that brings us back when we started: all think differently and nobody knows the right answer.

Now lets discuss witch is the best Carrat color?  

Wow.  I hadn't even SEEN the other threads, since I just now logged in for the day.  : P

I still stand by:

--They're both.

--They're able to change to fit the situation, like some real animals.

--There's more than one of each.

That's it.  And I don't think it's _silly_ to discuss things' genders...I mean, in English at least, it can be linguistically useful to know what pronoun to type/say in a sentence.  But I also think my priority with Deerclops is to make sure they're AWAY from my base first, ask personal questions second.  

The "Island A" and "Island B" thing with the Celestial Portal is pretty cool, though.  Hadn't heard that one before.  Huh.

...Notorious

2 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

This was actually brought up earlier in this thread, but we know for sure that (if you interpret Maxwell's speech literally) this isn't true thanks to the existence of Merms and the final part of the William Carter puzzle.

4 hours ago, Lammarr said:

The fact that Maxwell created dragonfly made me think that he's also the creator of the other RoG bosses minus M/Goose,but i'm not really sure If there's anything that proves that he created the deerclops species or not. 

I'm looking at the Dragonfly wiki page, and I don't see anything on here suggesting that Maxwell created her. Is there another page I'm missing that mentions this?

4 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

I'm looking at the Dragonfly wiki page, and I don't see anything on here suggesting that Maxwell created her. Is there another page I'm missing that mentions this?

Honestly,i made a poor choice of words,it's just implied in his broodling quote that he raised a dragonfly before.

Screenshot_1168.png.fa71d5900c19c12c6f7b68c958379196.png

Which we could interpret as the first and last dragonfly he raised,'cause we never saw him with one as a pet or minion. But sadly we may never know the dragonfly species' true story.

Archived