What do you expect/hope the 2020 roadmap to be like

So as it was said in the carrat post, we will likely get roadmap in the following few weeks. What are you hoping to see on the 2020 roadmap? You can list just one thing you hope or type your dream roadmap post, I'm interested in reading anything here. As for me, I hope gorge comes back for at least one last year.

I’m looking forward to more character reworks! I especially love seeing the animatics Klei releases. I’m crossing my fingers for an eventual rework of my favorite character, WX-78. A Wes rework would be interesting too, as I’m curious what his animatic would entail. (Along with how they’d approach the rework).

I’d also love a second round of the Gorge.

2 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

JUST THE NEXT REWORK TO BE ANNOUNCED.
That's enough to satisfy me (if it's Wendy)

I think Wendy could use a rework, I feel like she is relatively boring to play. Maybe change Abigail in some way, or add a ghost related stat to Wendy, Not sure.

3 minutes ago, LouisLudwig said:

I’m looking forward to more character reworks! I especially love seeing the animatics Klei releases. I’m crossing my fingers for an eventual rework of my favorite character, WX-78. A Wes rework would be interesting too, as I’m curious what his animatic would entail. (Along with how they’d approach the rework).

I’d also love a second round of the Gorge.

I want a wes animation more than a rework. I think wx is ok already, maybe an underclocked state that makes him deal less damage and slows him in movement slightly, but sanity and hunger drain is decreased. I can tell that I'm not meant to make character balances lol.

Second round of gorge would be amazing

I sort of want to ocean to be worked on more. This may be an opinionated nitpick, but I would like the water to just be a slight lighter blue in color, doesn't have be be shipwrecked light blue tho. Everyone and their mom already wants more islands, so I won't talk about that. I think the ocean fishing rod should be removed and you can use normal fishing rod but only on boat. Maybe add jellies from shipwrecked into the ocean and/or wobster. 

4 minutes ago, Datanon said:

kind of wanted the klei rewards to function properly too but i think it died

On 30. 11. 2019 at 5:42 PM, nome said:

Sorry about that. My team had a lot of sicknesses, a car accident, some shuffling of who was doing which project, and a few projects that turned out to be more work than anticipated. Everyone is fine but we're running a little slower than we were planning on. More rewards stuff is definitely coming but not in the very short term (very unlikely to be this calendar year).

Once again, really sorry about the delays! Keep the suggestions coming folks, we do read them.

6 hours ago, Booklover said:

I'd like to know when does the new 4th character is shown and if they will be creating more. My pack of 4895 spools is giddy with anticipation. The new skins might deplete my supply though:wilson_cry:.

I wanted to weave more of the Carrat event skins, but I just had to stop myself at 4700 for the new character. Gameplay over cosmetics and all that. :o

Another island with a whole new biome please. We still need more trees and still need more colours of turf and flora that isn't a depressing green or grey. Something colourful please....

More boat shapes would also be nice, or square boats that could be connected to make a real ocean city. 

Would also love more magic items. 

The whole ocean is still rather pointless, while the sailing mechanic is neat and really interesting, there isn't any points of interests to go to, once you have established a route to the lunar island, but even if not its only a back and forth.

The SW ocean feels so lively and vibrant. The DST one instead is like a ghost town. I do understand that waves wouldn't work with the DST boat system. But its still such a shame, it feels so unfinished, like work under construction. I play DST almost exclusively alone, and if there is one thing that increases the feeling of lonilness  DST already excudes, it's this ghost town of an ocean.

I mean... I'd still love some of the Hamlet and SW content like coffee bushes and pig city come to DST, but well let's be realistic here.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:34 PM, Axelocke said:

This might be some good news for Wendy players, but who knows!

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1a10cb34e49c983583f9000346ba33cc.png

Just when I was about to use my spool to weave the new Butcher Meat Hook Rack.. Dammit, now I guess I’m Waiting for potential Wendy Related Stuffs.

I want consistent reworks and more permanent game-changing and cosmetic additions. An overhaul of the seasons at sea (icebergs that you can land on and mine/get special resources during winter, geysers appearing on the mainland during spring/summer, special seasonal mobs that are mactusk tier). More moon stuff, the lunar island and the sea in general is very bare-bones.

7 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I want consistent reworks and more permanent game-changing and cosmetic additions. An overhaul of the seasons at sea (icebergs that you can land on and mine/get special resources during winter, geysers appearing on the mainland during spring/summer, special seasonal mobs that are mactusk tier). More moon stuff, the lunar island and the sea in general is very bare-bones.

Sounds wonderful, I do think the SW & Hamlet seasonal effects are much more interesting than this pure "Freezing, burning" thing we get with summer and winter. It's such a pity we are stuck with these boring seasons for DST when there is things like wind, monsoon, flooding, hayfever,sprawling thornbushes

5 hours ago, Rhobious_Aran said:

Sounds wonderful, I do think the SW & Hamlet seasonal effects are much more interesting than this pure "Freezing, burning" thing we get with summer and winter. It's such a pity we are stuck with these boring seasons for DST when there is things like wind, monsoon, flooding, hayfever,sprawling thornbushes

Who says we are stuck anywhere?? This game is weird... really really weird.

Lore Wise and Gameplay Wise.

Lore Wise the final boss you need to fight (the Ancient FuelWeaver) is protecting some portal that takes you to The Forge.. a Tournament where you fight against the Pig Kings champion competitors in this Magma/Volcanic Biome..

And Upon Beating Them.. opens up ANOTHER Portal to The Gorge, A Biome with actual street lamps, City streets, Sugarwood Trees, And Horse Wagons?? The Gorge is pretty much just a Cooking Mini-Game in the same style as the game (Overcooked) where you cook up food dishes to appease the Great Gnaw.

So honestly I’m confused as to why the Ancient FuelWeaver is so overly protective over such seemingly useless portals.

But having said that- Portals.... that’s the answer to everything.. they can add new biomes and breath fresh life into this game because Portals don’t have to make sense.

At least that last new DLC character they mentioned in the 2019 roadmap. Wortox, Wormwood and Wurt make 3, but the post clearly stated four. Though, I do think they were pushing themselves too hard trying to release a new character every 2 months, on top of the RoT, the reworks and seasonal content updates. 

That and a couple of new lore animations wouldn't hurt, just saying ;) . 

What I want is not exactly for the roadmap but for the game, new features/mechanics, that will affect the base survival too... not just some far off content with no reason to go there... So for the next roadmap I hope they announce the next update with more impactful to the survival additions or Reworks of some old mechanics/features.

(Skimmed through this thread's replies because it's 11 at night and I don't like reading, if I restate something then kiss my beak)

I think it'll most likely be a reveal on who the next rework will be (Wendy), and a hint of who the final DLC character is (I still want a Witch that can make potions, believe it or not, but that'll most likely not be a thing with Halloween gone.) We may even get a peek at who's after Wendy, similar to how the 2019 roadmap revealed 2 characters ready to be reworked, but don't hold your breath on that.

We'll also probably get info on what the next part of Return Of Them will be.

57 minutes ago, Canis said:

(Skimmed through this thread's replies because it's 11 at night and I don't like reading, if I restate something then kiss my beak)

I think it'll most likely be a reveal on who the next rework will be (Wendy), and a hint of who the final DLC character is (I still want a Witch that can make potions, believe it or not, but that'll most likely not be a thing with Halloween gone.) We may even get a peek at who's after Wendy, similar to how the 2019 roadmap revealed 2 characters ready to be reworked, but don't hold your breath on that.

We'll also probably get info on what the next part of Return Of Them will be.

I got a feeling the Gorge and Forge Content could be added into the game as Permanent content, If not the mode itself.. then we could certainly see some of the unique Mobs & Biomes from those two events being slowly added.

You guys dislike the idea of adding Shipwrecked and Hamlet stuff for Whatever reason... but FINE, Okay, No SW or Hamlet Biomes because they’re from Single Player DS..

But Forge and Gorge is DST Content, created and intended for DST... and it’s a serious shame that they were limited time events. :( 

Archived