Year of the Carrat is live!

4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

So uh, when is the event ending? Steam says it's already over, but it's way past the usual DST update time and it's still going.

image.png.7440b10b917f8784d1ade4fbfe5633dc.png

Maybe the Carrats secretly took over the world and none of us noticed? 

Seriously though- I’m only expecting the event to end, I’m not expecting any new content or announcements until that mystery March Refresh.

• Haha 2

The devs ususally don't rush ending an event, especially if there's nothing else to replace it. Since they didn't announce any end time here, I suppose it is (un)officially extended by a week (or two (or three)...

Anyways, a little more time to race our carrats won't hurt, eh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So uhh Carrat event is still active on Xbox, no idea why they removed Carrat Banner If Event is still active.

I don’t expect new content to immediately follow Carrat Event Anyway, What I do expect is NEWS of what that new content is going to be.. (and maybe the next beta branch) but the actual content itself to arrive 2-3 weeks later with the next Refresh.

Does anyone have any idea when Carrat Event is *officially* going to end?

Edited by Mike23Ua

This is pure speculation, but Klei usually reverts that banner to default a couple of days before updates (in relation to special events like present YotC) - thus probably this Thursday we'll see an update to end current "Year of". Also we will most likely get some type of official news, perhaps with a preview of Wendy Re-work (if indeed is about Wendy).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just want to take this time to Say Goodbye to my fine little Orange friends, you came into my life and you raced around on Race Tracks for my personal entertainment, you worked tirelessly jumping up and down and running in hamster wheels chasing after food I knew you would never get to.. You Cried at my feet for hours on end anytime you lost to Charlie’s Shadow Carrats that could cheat and go through Walls.. You Jumped for Joy and brought me gifts when you would beat the odds and win against Charlie’s Carrats. And somehow when Winter settled in and the Wurts in my Server started looking at you less like a cute little pet and more like a walking vegetable.. you somehow still managed to Smile even if Wurt was chewing off your backside.

So.. in short Thank You my little weird half Carrot, half Rat, all Vegetable friend.. Tomorrow when I am Communing with Pipspook in exchange for Mourning Glory you will be Missed!

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t know if Anyone else has noticed this but on Xbox one you can change the event back to Year of Carrat! :D 

You can actually do this with all the events when you create a world (though it won't affect skins)

• Like 1