NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Glass Eyebrella)

13 hours ago, GetRektKids said:

Let's get this page relevant boys

umm. Yee Hooray. Glass Eyebrella, Woo, zee, Dadalaa, ai-karambaa.

It is a good skin though I'll give you that, I'm yet to see it in the game and yet to start watching streams (I used to AFK watch them in my second screen but turns out joining the "playing with the viewers" streamers in their servers is much more fun). Although I saw a lot of people with the Profile Icon and the portrait frame, so it looks like the drops system is really contributing to the DST streamers community one way or another by at least adding to their viewer counts.

As for the eyebrella it's a little bit too OP for my liking so unless I have a spare deerclops eye and really don't want to bother with the watery shenanigans of the worst season in the game, I prefer other water gear like umbrella, parasol, rain hat, rain coat etc.

A problem I have with the rain gear in the game is that they don't really add up well. Umbrella already mitigates 90% of wetness so adding any headgear with water resistance (Top hat, straw hat, miner hat, rain hat, football helmet, battle helm, beekeeper hat, cookie cutter cap, and believe me or not the fashion melon :o) is enough to stay completely dry. But when it comes to the rain hat, it provides 70% resistance so it won't make you wetness free with any body slot item which usually have 20% resistance. You are only safe with an umbrella or a parasol. I do like parasol + rain hat but I really think that either Rain hat's wetness resistance should be raised to 80% or the body slot items with rain resistance should be raised to 30%. Breezy Vest and Summer Frest are often listed as some of the most useless items in the game and this'd at least give them an alternative use as spring gear, and would be fitting as stuff you'd wear in transition seasons. Apparently basic torch also provides 20% resistance to rain (complete news to me) so rain hat + torch would also be a viable option at nights.

TL;dr: Increasing rain hat's 70% to 80% would really open many new avenues of gameplay. Crafting the rain hat already requires as much, if not more effort than the simple recipe of the umbrella so why is it so much inferior to the umbrella? 

7 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

umm. Yee Hooray. Glass Eyebrella, Woo, zee, Dadalaa, ai-karambaa.

It is a good skin though I'll give you that, I'm yet to see it in the game and yet to start watching streams (I used to AFK watch them in my second screen but turns out joining the "playing with the viewers" streamers in their servers is much more fun). Although I saw a lot of people with the Profile Icon and the portrait frame, so it looks like the drops system is really contributing to the DST streamers community one way or another by at least adding to their viewer counts.

As for the eyebrella it's a little bit too OP for my liking so unless I have a spare deerclops eye and really don't want to bother with the watery shenanigans of the worst season in the game, I prefer other water gear like umbrella, parasol, rain hat, rain coat etc.

A problem I have with the rain gear in the game is that they don't really add up well. Umbrella already mitigates 90% of wetness so adding any headgear with water resistance (Top hat, straw hat, miner hat, rain hat, football helmet, battle helm, beekeeper hat, cookie cutter cap, and believe me or not the fashion melon :o) is enough to stay completely dry. But when it comes to the rain hat, it provides 70% resistance so it won't make you wetness free with any body slot item which usually have 20% resistance. You are only safe with an umbrella or a parasol. I do like parasol + rain hat but I really think that either Rain hat's wetness resistance should be raised to 80% or the body slot items with rain resistance should be raised to 30%. Breezy Vest and Summer Frest are often listed as some of the most useless items in the game and this'd at least give them an alternative use as spring gear, and would be fitting as stuff you'd wear in transition seasons. Apparently basic torch also provides 20% resistance to rain (complete news to me) so rain hat + torch would also be a viable option at nights.

TL;dr: Increasing rain hat's 70% to 80% would really open many new avenues of gameplay. Crafting the rain hat already requires as much, if not more effort than the simple recipe of the umbrella so why is it so much inferior to the umbrella? 

Wow, I was not expecting this big of a post! :D 

Anyway, I agree it should be raised. Just by 10% I always carry a rainhat and my trusty Webber umbrella with me. It helps me stop from getting wet so quickly. So if I need to mine some rocks, I throw on the hat and get to a minen' so I don't have to worry about my wetness climbing like a tourist on Mt. Everest. It gives me a bit of free time. 

But I also saw another thing. You think spring is the worst season? I would rank it easier than winter (Including Eyebrella) Mostly because it's so easy to battle with like 2 items. Sure the cold gets annoying, and your sanity is always down. I think summer is the worst. Mostly because you have three options. Make flingomatics and be tethered to them at all times to make sure they don't run out of fuel, stay in the oasis (This is an okay method) But in my opinion, it's grody unless there are useful biomes nearby, Or Cave base which is my favorite but it also requires an entirely new base. Therefore it gets rid of exploration (Excluding caves) because you are always overheating (Unless ice Chester, or that weird summer jacket thing but the good one) 

Biomes ranked hardest to easiest: 

1 - Summer

2 - Winter

3 - Spring

4 - Autumn

Anyway, that's my opinion. I got a bit off-topic, but I thought I'd talk about it. What's your opinion on it?

This would be a cool thing, if it worked.
Except that I've already linked my account, and it still says I have to link my account to earn rewards. 
Never got my rewards last time I tried either. Still bitter about the bone firepit. 

Archived