151 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do during summer?

• Fishing at Oasis
    • Exploring caves and ruins
    • Make 2 thermals and ice chester and pretend nothing is happening
    • Base build for 15 days
    • I die way before summer
    • other (comments)

Set the server so that every season is 6 Days long with the exception of Summer which will last for as long as possible.

Toggle off Ice & Glaciers So Players can’t build Ice-Flingo-Matic.

Turn off Bearger, Deerclops so you cant get Eyebrella.

The Results???

An Incredibly fun Experimental Summer Server where everything you build is always Subject to going up in a Blazing Inferno.

To survive this Server you will need Thermal Stones, Endo Fires, Straw Hats, Umbrellas, Take cover under trees or retreat into cave tunnels. 

Now that Skittersquid are a thing I have debated rather or not I should reset the server and toggle off caves as well (if that’s even a possible thing I can do on Xbox.)

I really only had caves toggled on to build Lanterns with but Squid now drop Lightbulbs too so YaY!!

Straw hat, Whirly Fan and some shade is all you'll need for summer technically but I'm a thermal Stone person, keeping nitre, grass and precrafted endothermic fire. Sometimes I use Fashion Melon, Summer Frest, Floral Shirt or Ice Cube Hat too, and additionally carry chilled amulet/luxury fan when I overheat. Ice Staff and Water balloons are always hady to have in case of wildfires.

I do spend some summers in a little outpost on the Oasis, looking for goggle blueprints and giving tributes to Antlion for Lazy Deserter stuff.

Last summer made a summer boat with Endo Fire Pit, Flingomatic, Drying Racks, Tin Fishing Bins, Crock Pot and a salt box and it worked perfectly. Doing seafaring in Summer and Winter is always good in my book because You'll always be close to your firepit, basically carrying a base with you to wherever you go.

6 hours ago, trinket_4 said:

Do you become a moleworm person?

I prefer to be called a caveman not a moleworm. 

Just chill downstairs all season but I mean my main base is always located there anyway. Except first summer where I try to grab the oasis blueprints before goin back to camp

I typically explore caves first summer, and move into the caves during second summer.  Its not just being weary of summer fires and overheating, Rocklobsters, cave ins, and earthquakes are extremely useful, and the permanently dark spots are great for festive trees so you can collect presents whenever it is convenient for you.  Lightbulbs and glow berries are always plentiful so I can run around with a miner hat or moggles as much as I want.  The caves are just a great spot to base because you can actually relax and build, where up top you're always watching the clock for hound waves and boss spawns and you have to build your base around flingo ranges ect.

I had to go with "other", because I do kind of a mix of the other things...and some of them not at all.  Mainly:

1.  If I DID get enough gears to make a fling-o-matic in time, I stay at base and keep them religiously refueled.  (Remember:  Randomised seasons and huge worlds.  Sometimes summer hits unusually fast.  Sometimes I explore everywhere BUT where the robo-critters are.  Sometimes...both.)

2.  If I didn't, time to go nomadic for the season!  C'mon Chester, Kittyface--let's pack our thermal stone, umbrella and nitre & grass and move 'em on out!

3.  Either way, I do fish at the Oasis if I've found it in time, but I'm leery about getting slowed down in the sandstorm if dogs attack before I've got the desert goggles...

4.  I don't bother with Ice Chester since he just comes back normal if he dies anyway.  :\

So to sum up:  Caves no, base-living maybe, oasis fishing yes, and ice-chester no but thermal stone and stuff for small endo fires, yes.

...Notorious

On 1/22/2020 at 6:09 PM, -Animaster- said:

Well, I normally do the same things as in other seasons. If you have the eyebrella and thermal stones, you are more than fine.

Doesn't the thermal stone do nothing in this situation, though? The thermal stone is heating up faster than your body temperature if you wear the eyebrella.

Archived