The Year of the Carrat Begins This Thursday!

1 hour ago, Nikki Darks said:

Same, because as of right now, these skins seem like a distraction \o / "Look at the pretty skins and forget about the updates we've promised".

I think that's implied with "More details coming thursday", but then again the team is probably still recuperating after the holidays, so the "more details" might be a tutorial on how to race carrats or something. 

1 hour ago, Nikki Darks said:

Same, because as of right now, these skins seem like a distraction \o / "Look at the pretty skins and forget about the updates we've promised".

With as many items that they skinned, they’ve obviously been working on these for quite some time.

But it’s not just skins, Carrat Racing sounds like it could be real fun, I honestly don’t expect a character refresh every single month... because if we got that (no offense) they would be Absolutely terrible. 

They would feel rushed to meet your Deadlines, and ultimatly just wouldn’t be as great as they would be if they just take their time and listen to community feedback on what their fans want/expect when it comes to Character Reworks.

Take Woodie and Winona for Example- Neither Of those Reworks would be as good as they are now without us the gamers voicing our opinions about them.

Then there’s also “WES” how do we go about Reworking Wes? Some people want Wes to be fun and a unique fresh new gameplay experience, and to strip him of being known as the Griever Character.

He was designed to be Hard for SINGLE PLAYER Don’t Starve... This as we all know is a MULTIPLAYER Game, and Wes just Sucks.

—————————————

I personally vote that they add a “Way of The Wes” Game Toggle option which when Selected- Gives the current character your playing as current Wes Health, Stats and Gameplay, while Stripping them completely of their unique character Specific Abilities- This allows even WORTOX, WORMWOOD and WURT to play like the current Boring WES.... while at the same time opening Klei a brand new door way to go nuts with making Wes Unique and Fun.

————————————-

But THEN there are the other players who want current Wes to Remain Current Wes and maintain his status as the “Hardcore” Character.

7 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

the "more details" might be a tutorial on how to race carrats or something. 

Nah, I wouldn't expect that. Lately the update posts for events have just given a vague description of them, the Winter's Feast post just told us to chase ginger bread pigs and cook with holiday cheer, and I definitely prefer it this way.

26 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

I think that's implied with "More details coming thursday", but then again the team is probably still recuperating after the holidays, so the "more details" might be a tutorial on how to race carrats or something. 

Nope - "more details" is usually just the finer details like end date, if we have it, prices and images of the other items dropped on Twitch as well as anything else that may have been intentionally or unintentionally left out of the first post.

6 hours ago, Nikki Darks said:

Just for some clarification here. While we may not have explicitly promised these events during the holiday season, we have been doing them every year so many players have come to expect them. I will make sure to clarify that better with the next roadmap. 

Just now, JoeW said:

Just for some clarification here. While we may not have explicitly promised these events during the holiday season, we have been doing them every year so many players have come to expect them. I will make sure to clarify that better with the next roadmap. 

He has spoken.

6 hours ago, JoeW said:

Nope - "more details" is usually just the finer details like end date, if we have it, prices and images of the other items dropped on Twitch as well as anything else that may have been intentionally or unintentionally left out of the first post.

Oh, thanks for clearing it up, JoeW! :wilson_dorky:

(I nearly had a heart attack when I saw JoeW quoted me in a notifcation-)

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

I enjoy most holidays, all except Valentines Day, the less mushy lovey dovey stuff the better.

It seems likely to me that black rats on the picture are AI controlled nightmare rats rather than other players' rats that spawn when event is started. I hope they drop some nightmare fuel and beard hair when race is over.

Oh and please leave us an option to obtain festive lights and gift wraps when winter's feast is over.

Archived