minespatch

Skeledork videos(please critique)

minespatch    65,210

With some help from the EFAP discord, I have now feel confident enough to try Youtube again. This is my first skeledork video. Please tell me what I should do in the future. My next video is taking a note from Honest trailers and asking for quotes.

Spoiler

My early attempt at doing reviews back in 2010.

• Like 2

CarlZalph    3,335

While these may seem general, they're things I picked up from others over time.

A good microphone goes a long way to ensuring the audio for voice is clear, but it doesn't need to be an expensive studio quality one.  Just a standalone that isn't integrated in a laptop or headset with a good frequency input range.

Wind mask (AKA pop filter) to lower breath noises can be made with some pantyhose stretched over the area between you and the microphone and really helps with post processing for cleaner edits.  I know of a person who uses a wire coat hanger bent into a rectangle for this purpose, though I'd probably make a circular shape for a more equal distribution of the wind across the surface.

Speaking too quickly or slowly is a hard thing to balance and is really determined by who your target audience is.  If it's a thing for people on the go, then faster is better as they'd just want the details and none of the fluff.  Meanwhile if it's someone sitting down and wanting a real in-depth how-to, then slowing down and explaining things step by step is better.  You be the judge on that one.

A lot of people create personalities for the sake of comedy or entertainment value.  A persona, if you will, wherein you'd do things you normally wouldn't for the benefit of the audience.  This also lets you hide certain facets of yourself to gain a form of confidence if you're lacking it.

• Thanks 1

minespatch    65,210
2 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Speaking too quickly or slowly is a hard thing to balance and is really determined by who your target audience is. 

That's my biggest problem right now. My first take was too fast, so I tried to slow it down. Gonna try slowing myself down as soon as people her my next video, which is quotation requests(which will help down the voice for my audience).

Canis    10,538

Be sure to enunciate your words. Most people (myself included) are very used to softly slurring their words because the English language is a pile of dog crap, and putting in a little effort in that regard helps a ton.

• Thanks 1

minespatch    65,210
On 1/24/2020 at 4:23 PM, Canis said:

Be sure to enunciate your words. Most people (myself included) are very used to softly slurring their words because the English language is a pile of dog crap, and putting in a little effort in that regard helps a ton.

Well, I finally made my second video, hope you can take a look and see if it's what you said:

• Like 2

minespatch    65,210
On 1/31/2020 at 1:56 PM, Kuba5565 said:

I like your voice.

Thanks bud, here's my newest video:

5b6ab7469c5a1_Arieldoodeet.thumb.png.f6547cc2f53168cd1ff7ab807bc7b172.png

Apologies to @Canis for covering your comment with a gif. If I ever do another quotes video, I'll try not to cover your comment.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1