Sunset Skye

Don't Starve: BC - DLC concept art thread thing

Szczuku    10,797

Seems… interesting.

Where would that Dlc take place? Jugle-themed map like Hamlet? Marsh-themed or maybe a pile of multiple biomes like RoG?

zee_dragon    757

So lemme break this down in scientific terms. As I'm a sucker Dinosaur enthusiast and I know quite a bit about them.

Does this strange-made-up period of the Constant takes place in the early, middle, or late Mesozoic era. Or at the very end of the Paleozoic era? (Around when the first dinosaurs appeared, which were the size of chickens. Mind you.)

Keep in mind that flowering plants emerged around the very end of the Cretaceous era. (The last period of time in the Mesozoic era.) 

Can we have a passive mob somewhat like Ingentia Prima? (Meaning "first huge one".) Or can we somehow manage to get a cute little follower that gives sanity like Glommer in ROG? Something like that could be a Compsognathus, those things are cute as heck.

Spoiler

220px-Compsognathus_BW.jpg

Dawww.... How could someone say that's hideous?

Maybe the hounds waves could be Deinonychus. (Meaning "terrible claw").

Idk, these are just suggestions and this real life facts probably wouldn't apply.

• Like 3

DragonMage156    26,427
On 1/21/2020 at 6:11 PM, Sunset Skye said:

Brontalos!

That would be interesting to ride if it were mountable XD

The rest of the concepts sound cool. Keep it up :encouragement:

Szczuku    10,797
On 20.01.2020 at 9:28 AM, Sunset Skye said:

Unfortunately a Chester-related mishap causes Wilson to flip the switch from around "146 days" to "several million years ago".

I could even see how. If you don't mind here's my vision of it. I'm gonna tell it from an announcement trailer point of view.

Let's assume that the time machine Wilson built is rocket-shaped. As in it's tall and thin

The scene begins by showing complete time machine with Wilson standing in front of it. Camera then points to the hand-drawn plan (that you mentioned) Wilson has made. It then zooms out so that we can see a closed Eye Bone in Wilson's backpack. Eye Bone suddenly opens and we begin hearing *boing* *boing* in the distance. Wilson looks over his contraption and sees Chester charging blindly straight for it (because time machine is standing between Wilson and Chester). Wilson starts running toward Chester to stop accident from happening. It's too late. Chester takes a big leap and bashes the top of the machine which makes it start to tip over. Wilson attempts to push the Time Machine back to its original position but it's ineffective. He starts running away. Chester then falls down and bumps the switch which makes the machine go '...from around "146 days" to "several milion years ago"'. The Time machine finally hits the ground and in a bright explosion teleports Wilson and Chester away. The camera then zooms out to show the title.

So yeah… that's what came to my mind when I read your post.

• Like 2

Szczuku    10,797
On 23.01.2020 at 8:39 AM, Sunset Skye said:

And, uh, Glomgar, yes, next to Glomgar's Stone.
Lastly, for the hound waves: Dire Hounds!

Sorry for bumping the thread but I was curious. Would there be a different chest-follower or would you make a Primal Chester?

Also...

Would this dlc only have 2 seasons or more? The way you'd make winter sounds like the world wouldn't return to its original state when autumn returns

Edited by Szczuku

Szczuku    10,797

Question: Is this all you have in store for this thread? 

Asking since I actually like this idea of a ,,Dlc art thread"

• Like 1

CameoAppearance    1,537
4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

unknown.png

And immediately following all of that, here's something a bit simpler: Tusk Scouts! Hunting has been a part of the MacTusk culture since the first primal MacTusk waddled its way onto the land... but not all MacTusks are great parents. Some, rather than taking their kids out hunting themselves, instead enroll their kids in Tusk Scouts, and send them out on their own. Unfortunately for poor Wilson here, these scouts are sure that they'll get some kind of badge from hunting this strange two-legged creature with the funny hair.
Tusk Scouts would be a rare encounter at the end of suspicious dirt piles. While you're tracking Wooly Koalefants, there's a chance that you'll run into a group of Tusk Scouts who were doing the same thing, and they'll attempt to steal your kill and then go after you. They do this by all waddling towards you in a group and then belly flopping on top of you. If you kill them, they'll drop their hat in the form of a couple animal pelts (BC's silk equivalent), and they'll drop their sash as an equippable chest item.

Similarly to the headphones, the sash would give a boost in general efficiency. You get this boost though by performing certain unique actions, which all temporarily add a slight modifier to the boost, such as:
- Chopping
- Digging
- Mining
- Hammering
- Attacking
- Lighting
- Etc.
Each one visually adds a badge to the sash so you know which ones you've got. These boosts would help with the wood grind for example, as you could light a stray tree, then begin chopping others and digging their stumps so you've got 3 badges at once. Each badge would stick around for ~half a day, so you could also do multiple actions in succession if you want some speed or extra damage.
While this item sounds powerful, it does take up the chest slot, and I'd argue that it only reduces tedium in the long run.

awwwwwwwwww

Szczuku    10,797
On 3.03.2020 at 11:09 PM, Sunset Skye said:

Oh whoops, no I've still got a ton of ideas floating around! I'm just constantly juggling way more projects than I can handle, so the one that gets my main focus is always rotating in and out. I've been planning on making some other Scrate evolutions at some point, and I have some other mobs saved up to share... but I didn't realize I'd left the thread quiet for a month, whoops.

Good to know. If need be I'll be an annoyance a reminder that this thread exists :^ )

I like the Flaptor. 

As for the Tusk Scouts… they're cute. But I did notice your tendency to draw dinosaurs with very modern equipement. If it was a real dlc then Scout's cap and sash should probably be made with more crude materials like leather or leafs