Most useless items

34 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I change my pick, I want to instead go with boats as my option.

why??? Because people don’t actually build boats and sail the sea as was intended with their design.... they simply just toss a whole bunch of Boat Kit Platforms all over everywhere.

So my pick is Boats, used the proper way.

I don't know what kind of people you see using boats exclusively as platforms, but I've personally met a lot of people who build a proper boat and go sailing deep into the ocean. With Hook, Line & Inker's new fishing mechanics and changes to the Malbatross's shoals, the ocean's been a pretty cool place to explore. The shoals can provide more than enough fish to keep you fed, and having a crock pot on the boat can let you make Surf n' Turf for healing away from home. You get no attacks from hounds or giants while in the sea, and Tin Fishin' Bins can make a fishing trip feel like a worthwhile time investment if you're interested in making Surf n' Turf at home from time to time.

Even without the latest update's new content, it's not like a proper boat was useless. You more or less needed one if you wanted to find salt formations in a reasonable amount of time (unless you play Woodie, in which case you can find them with enough monster meat but will still need to use a boat to gather the salt) and if you managed to find the Malbatross before the recent changes you could kill it for a winged sail and enjoy a relatively fast portable mini-base you could take with you to a few biomes. The boats being platforms also means you can drop items on them, giving you a portable item storage unit with infinite room, which would be useful if you go on a major resource hunt (like a lunar island raid or a tree-chopping spree with Werebeaver or Bearger).

And even then, you can't be sure whether the developers intended for boats to be used exclusively for sailing. They were added in the first update of Return of Them, and have since always worked as platforms that never move as long as nothing moves them. Making the boats start drifting a certain direction if not anchored wouldn't be hard to do. Using boats to skip walking around water streams started almost immediately after they were added, and it didn't take long for huge bridges from the main land to the lunar islands to start getting widespread use. The developers do see the forums, which is why Winona's hunger penalty got modified to its current state, Willow gained her fire immunity back, Woodie got several buffs to his rework mechanics and several changes got implemented in Hook, Line & Inker. I think it's practically impossible for them to not know about the usage of boats as platforms at this point and if it was something they opposed they would've added a mechanic to combat it long ago. Many exploits that allowed for bosses to get instantly killed via boats were fixed, and some bosses (namely Bearger and Spider Queen) gained new behavior to prevent players from easily cheesing them out with boats.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I change my pick, I want to instead go with boats as my option.

why??? Because people don’t actually build boats and sail the sea as was intended with their design.... they simply just toss a whole bunch of Boat Kit Platforms all over everywhere.

So my pick is Boats, used the proper way.

i dont do that, i enjoy sailing, i hope klei will make the sea rich on stuff. I like farm the new helmet and salt so, there is a point of sailing for me

Archived