I want to play?

1 hour ago, Terra_Zina said:

I'd give you my extra copy but I gave it to my sister 5 months ago. To add insult to injury I had it in my inventory for 2 years waiting for the right moment, and she only played it once...

BAH

Kinda same story, my friend and i decided to buy the game and when we found out that it has an extra free copy, we decided to pay our part (this was during the sale in June btw), he ended-up not liking the game, and though he could "refund" a.. "gift"

13 minutes ago, thomas4846 said:

when did this free copy stuff happen?

It works so that if you buy a game you get one to your library and the other (a copy of the game) to your inventory. You can then send a copy from the inventory to anyone via email or steam, if you have he in your friends :).

22 minutes ago, Fi7iP said:

It works so that if you buy a game you get one to your library and the other (a copy of the game) to your inventory. You can then send a copy from the inventory to anyone via email or steam, if you have he in your friends :).

can we play together?

48 minutes ago, Fi7iP said:

Hah hah Ha Ha HAH!!!!

No. that only works for PC, but over on Xbox I had to buy or convince each friend that I want to play the game with to buy.. the game.

It would be nice if Xbox gave away free extra copies to gift a friend, cause I would send it to my friend who is still on the fence about even trying the game.

One thing everyone forgets here is that you can only redeem steam gifts in the same country as you bought it in, to avoid fraud through currency conversation: a 10$ game in USA Steam isn't the equivalent of 10 dollars in all other countries; depending on the the exchange rates and the purchasing power of the local currency it can be the equavalent of as low as 4$ and as high as 20$ in the local currency. So before even considering gifting, you should make sure you have bought DST in the same currency as the one used in the Original Poster's country-scratch that, it must be the same country, turns out not even the members of Eurozone or East African Community have the game for equal prize on steam.

19 hours ago, ramz25 said:

can we play together?

Of course you can play in more people. It's also in the title: Don't Starve Together. You can play either on public servers (such as Klei official servers) or on private servers with friends.

Archived