Regolith is killing my game

4 hours ago, psusi said:

The door is locked.  Debris will fall right through it.  I put my auto miner on the floor outside the room and it shoots right through the pneumatic door. 

Ok, got a picture?

Ok, got it. Thanks! And there I thought I knew most things about this game....

4 hours ago, bobucles said:

One idea to delete debris is to load it into a slingshot and shoot it into space. 

I think I have proposed a waste-catapult several times now. Maybe we will get one in a DLC...

4 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Ok, got a picture?

20200123165520_1.thumb.jpg.17f9253d8e7809241fdba7ba0f5bae24.jpg

Just need to add a few grams of water and the metal tiles will cool the miner.  The hot regolith lands on the mesh tile and so won't exchange heat.  The voles poop regolith at their body temperature, which starts out at 20 C, so it keeps the metal cool.  Also while in the past I have seen pufts escape a pneumatic door ( and even a powered mechanized one every once in a while ), this seems limited to flying critters.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:57 PM, psusi said:

20200123165520_1.thumb.jpg.17f9253d8e7809241fdba7ba0f5bae24.jpg

Just need to add a few grams of water and the metal tiles will cool the miner.  The hot regolith lands on the mesh tile and so won't exchange heat.  The voles poop regolith at their body temperature, which starts out at 20 C, so it keeps the metal cool.  Also while in the past I have seen pufts escape a pneumatic door ( and even a powered mechanized one every once in a while ), this seems limited to flying critters.

There is actually one serious problem I am running into here: The Dispenser has higher priority than the Storage compactors. Hence all Regolith goes in there and nothing is left to filter things. I am currently experimenting with a Smart Storage Compactor and a door to keep 20t outside, but that is not going too well. Got any ideas that work for this?

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

There is actually one serious problem I am running into here: The Dispenser has higher priority than the Storage compactors. Hence all Regolith goes in there and nothing is left to filter things. I am currently experimenting with a Smart Storage Compactor and a door to keep 20t outside, but that is not going too well. Got any ideas that work for this?

Oh, I keep it set to sweep only.  You could set it to the same priority as the one and only storage compactor you keep around to hold regolith in for filtration.  Or you could keep the compactor set to sweep only and when you see it getting low every now and then, order dupes to sweep some regolith out of the ranch after it has already been eaten and pooped once and so is nice and cool.  Or I suppose you could use pneumatic doors for the rest of the floor so that as soon as the voles eat from the mesh tile and poop it somewhere else and it is cooled and then mined, it will fall through to a room below where the cool regolith can be collected for filtration.

56 minutes ago, psusi said:

You could set it to the same priority as the one and only storage compactor you keep around to hold regolith in for filtration.  

That is not what I am talking about. With a storage compactor set to 9 and the dispenser set to 8, dupes are busy shoveling Regolith from the compactor to the dispenser. I guess that dispenser counts as machinery and not as storage and machinery has inherent higher delivery priority than storage.

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

That is not what I am talking about. With a storage compactor set to 9 and the dispenser set to 8, dupes are busy shoveling Regolith from the compactor to the dispenser. I guess that dispenser counts as machinery and not as storage and machinery has inherent higher delivery priority than storage.

Are you sure?.  I swear that I have to set the priority on the dropper to my quantum storage room higher than compactors for dupes to take from the compactors and move to the dropper.

10 hours ago, psusi said:

Are you sure?.  I swear that I have to set the priority on the dropper to my quantum storage room higher than compactors for dupes to take from the compactors and move to the dropper.

I am sure. Take a regular or a smart storage bin set to 9, put automatic dispenser set to 8 next to it and dupes move Regolith to the dispenser. This is in the current preview, but I see the same thing in a sandbox on the regular version. No matter how much lower the dispenser is set, dupes move Regolith from storage to it.

I did find a work-around though: Put some storage bins set to 9 in an enclosed room, open doors to that room 30% of the time and door to the dispenser 70% of the time and you always have Regolith available for filtering.

On 1/25/2020 at 11:33 PM, Gurgel said:

I consider that a bug tbh and a damn annoying one...

Archived