Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

UPRiSER

No servers available for Iranian players

Recommended Posts

UPRiSER    10

My friends and I along with others players I know in Iran cannot see the server list when trying to join a server. We can successfully log into the game but when I try to join a server after a long loading time for the list, nothing appears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nome    4766

You may have to use the VPN for playing DST online then. :(  It should only be needed for HTTPS connections, so if you're technical enough you may be able to avoid extra latency for your UDP packets through the https_proxy environment variable. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkhero    220
35 minutes ago, nome said:

You may have to use the VPN for playing DST online then. :(  It should only be needed for HTTPS connections, so if you're technical enough you may be able to avoid extra latency for your UDP packets through the https_proxy environment variable. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help!

well, not THAT technical :D. but now i try to log-in with my VPN, i see the server list. there isn't much difference in ping. but, isn't there any way so we can play without vpn? it wasn't like this 2 month ago !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlZalph    3872
26 minutes ago, darkhero said:

well, not THAT technical :D. but now i try to log-in with my VPN, i see the server list. there isn't much difference in ping. but, isn't there any way so we can play without vpn? it wasn't like this 2 month ago !

Mmm.  This could be a lingering effect from the Iranian Internet Blackout that happened, which coincidentally happened in the last weekish of November.

Are you having any other issues with other websites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
darkhero    220
23 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Mmm.  This could be a lingering effect from the Iranian Internet Blackout that happened, which coincidentally happened in the last weekish of November.

Are you having any other issues with other websites?

it might be. the address ( https://d2fr86khx60an2.cloudfront.net/ ) isn't blocked ( like some inappropriate website that are usually blocked here ). it just wont open without vpn. its not first time tho, there were some websites that wasnt block but wont open without vpn like this before, i cant recall the address (may be some google services) .

i can use websites that i used to use them back in time right now. i can easily log in to steam and play other games like dota, csgo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites