Foulblade

(suggestion) Can we get the choice of having the old diseases or new ones.

Sasza22    2,285

With the old diseases i almost never saw the diseases. With proper play you could avoid them completely. But i miss the crisis management the outbreaks involved. Old diseases were actually a problem. Now when untreated they last shorter than fully treated in the old system. I think we need something in between. So it`s still a danger and can`t be fully avoided, it`s just not as deadly.

Zarquan    777

There is a disease mod that makes them dangerous again, but I completely agree that vanilla should have dangerous diseases.

Foulblade    5

Absolutely, their should be a few more types of deadly diseases. I never do anything in medical because we'll I never notice the difference anyways. Easy way to make them into the game is by adding vents having a chance to emit gas or fluid with the disease on it. Like a Co2 vent with the zombie spores 

bobucles    368

This sounds like a difficulty setting to me. Minor flu symptoms across the board screams out easy mode, but diseases that damage or outright 1-shot dupes are very much hard mode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yoakenashi    488

I’d love to see diseases being communicable (contagious). The hospital says it is used to quarantine sick duplicants, but right now they can wander around the base and nothing happens. We should be on code 5 lockdown!!! A sick duplicant walks through a healthy base; everyone they pass should become infected. I like this idea!!

• Like 2

Sasza22    2,285
22 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

I’d love to see diseases being communicable (contagious). The hospital says it is used to quarantine sick duplicants, but right now they can wander around the base and nothing happens. We should be on code 5 lockdown!!! A sick duplicant walks through a healthy base; everyone they pass should become infected. I like this idea!!

This would be a nice touch. Actually slimelung should spread kinda like this. Coughing dupes spread germs to the air but unless it`s polluted oxygen they die off instantly. If they created much more germs per cough it would work more like that.

We need more germ types. Maybe ones that make dupes covered in them passively. Like some sort of fever, they sweat and get covered by germs. You`d have to quarantine them or they spread the germs around the entire base.

Still with instant healing quarantine doesn`t make much sense. It was cool with the old system that required multiple cycles to recover from disease.

goboking    1,566
45 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

This would be a nice touch. Actually slimelung should spread kinda like this. Coughing dupes spread germs to the air but unless it`s polluted oxygen they die off instantly. If they created much more germs per cough it would work more like that.

We need more germ types. Maybe ones that make dupes covered in them passively. Like some sort of fever, they sweat and get covered by germs. You`d have to quarantine them or they spread the germs around the entire base.

Long ago (before diseases were nerfed) I pitched an idea for the ONI equivalent to the common cold.  The idea was to have it cause sneezing, meaning the germs could be airborne, and would necessitate either judicious use of sinks or quarantine to keep afflicted dupes from spreading germs to everything they touch.  This was back when Slimelung was lethal, so my idea was for this new disease to be much milder and easier to spread by comparison.