Sign in to follow this  
Szczuku

Question about Skittersquids

Szczuku    10,817

Can they actually be seen swimming about from the shore or the only way to encounter them is by sailing to the open sea? 

Tbh I think it'd be cool if we could see them from the shore

• Like 2

Misa22    495

I can confirm that they even jump on the shore. 

In a public server, we had a camp in a cool peninsula and they jumped on land, crossed our base and jumped from the other side back to the water hahaha. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nickolai    1,024

Yeah you can see them from the shore, it just depends on the moon phase. When its closer to new moon they spawn and closer to full moon they are less

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SinancoTheBest    1,612

They are attracted to the schools of fish in the sea so you'll be encountering them in land especially if your base is near the coast and you have fish swimming around.

• Thanks 1

Mooagain    2,039

I just love watching the squid from my peninsula base. It's nice just sitting back and watching nature without killing it for food.

• Like 3

Rellimarual    4,166

The first time they ran across my base, I was afraid they were up to no good, but they seem harmless

Mike23Ua    2,991
28 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

The first time they ran across my base, I was afraid they were up to no good, but they seem harmless

no no no, NO they eat all your nearby fish... they can also be murdered for glowbulbs, which if your hosting a cave-less server is the only way you will get glowbulbs to craft a lantern with.

The little things do pack quite a punch though.. so don’t attempt fighting them without a football helmet or if your already low on health.