What Are You Expecting For Year Of The Rat?

41 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

What if they continued the Verdant collection and made Wormwood's verdant skin a resprite/redraw of his old design?

Screenshot_1124.png.3f6e294fcb64052810c7b5ca6ff1c410.png Screenshot_1126.png.ee1427db566d78b5910a183b72f90263.png

Hope they release it someday, for real. 

I have been wanting this skin since the first instant I saw it. I am not Wormwood's biggest fan, but I would really like to use him with this skin.

Also I like when a skin changes a survivor a lot, like other Wormwood's/rest of dlc character's Wigfrid when she has no ponytails, hooded Maxwell... You get me. 

(AHEM* Klei gimme shadow Wilson and young Wicker COF* COF*) 

I was hoping there would be news this week about the next content update, they only have until January 25th to get update out that is the Actual Lunar Calander Holiday in real-life. So the Update should come in AT LEAST by next Tuesday. Hopefully

Well here's what we kind of know and sorta predict that we'll get from precedence: 

Lucky gold nuggets will be back and we'll likely be getting them by interacting with Carrats. Perhaps all carrots will become Carrats for the event or Carrats will freely roam the constant. Addition of Carrat infestations and calamities could be really fun, emphasizing the pest aspect of rats our uncompromising survival game. Perhaps even moleworms and batilisks will also be a part of the event as they were the best rat candidates for this year's animal before Carrats were added through Turn of Tides. 

We will get a Carrat shrine of sorts, made with Gold nuggets and boards. It will be needed to be activated by placing something in it. Gobbler shrine required a bush, Varg shrine required a torch and Pig shrine required meat. I guess a carrot or a vegetable is the most fitting.

Through the active shrine, we'll get the offerings tab and we'll have access to our staples: Red Firecrackers, Red Lantern and Lucky Beast Costume parts. Curiously, YoG had 1 unique item, YoV had 2, YoPK had 3; so this time we'll get four? Even if they don't continue the sequence, I expect a few quite a few items as they increased each time.

Edit: Also, Last year, Klei voiced their intention to add some permanent additions through the Chinese New Year events, and they did follow through with this by implementing the pig king minigame as a whole year round event about a month ago. They may add another such side event this year, that can be made into a year round addition. Personally I'm really fond of the idea of a "rat infestation" event that can occur occasionally like Hound waves and Skittersquid raids, that can start happening after the formation of Lunar Altar or Lunar Portal or both.

Pig Warg Gobbler Rat Shrine because events are not worth being original.

Most mobs drop useless stuff to make your worlds lag even more.

New skin collection for people who got too much money to spend.

New item of loyal rarity that you get if log in during the event as if it was real accomplishment.

Some other decorational stuff that doesn't affect gameplay.

More gameplay-breaking bugs staying pending forever in favor of skins' issues.

2 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

Pig Warg Gobbler Rat Shrine because events are not worth being original.

Most mobs drop useless stuff to make your worlds lag even more.

New skin collection for people who got too much money to spend.

New item of loyal rarity that you get if log in during the event as if it was real accomplishment.

Some other decorational stuff that doesn't affect gameplay.

More gameplay-breaking bugs staying pending forever in favor of skins' issues.

You must be fun at parties.

While indeed, realistically, I expect that new "Year of the Carrat" would bring:

· an in-game Carrat infestation of main Constant land;

· the need to build a special Carrat Shrine to control/impede mentioned infestation;

· a peculiar mini-game related to Carrats;

· return of Lucky Gold Nuggets and Red Pouches as rewards from said mini-game;

· return of Offerings Tab via new Carrat Shrine with old paraphernalia from previous events as well as some new special articles of marginal-yet-amusing in-game use;

· new thematic character and objects skins (perhaps, as speculated, a Rabbit Hutch one), including a loyal skin for logging-in during event and some new Twitch drops (maybe the last Crystalline collection's item, aka Glass Eyebrella?! - although I believe something more in-tune with YotC would be in place);

...these aspects are not a bad thing. Special "Year of the.." events are minor bons, not meant to bring permanent macro-content for DST, but rather a cute distraction towards that; or just a special brand of in-game entertainment. I know, some forumites might point fingers at these events as time-and-resources consuming, taking developing zeitgeist from permanent content, while bringing too-little to DST's table - and are valid points. Still, at the end of day, I suppose these mini-events are worth Klei's time (and remuneration, don't forget skins are nowadays the payment method for new "Return of Them" DLC-type content) - as a lot of people express enthusiasm and support (me included). Thus chill and let's just wait for whatever part of DST updates each of us desire (whilst also lightheartedly expressing our wishes here if we deem it necessary) :encouragement:

Honestly I think we could get a lunar themed character (ignore plant boi he's plant boi) in this update, since we still need the 4th dlc character (not counting warly) and it's an update about the LUNAR new year featuring a creature from the LUNAR island.  Even though we'll probably get a rework first since we haven't gotten one since woodie, I still hope for a look unar character and I think one is very likely as it's what people have been suggesting.

Chinease New Year events don't bring a lot to the table so I'm expecting:

-Carrat shrine 

-A way of getting lucky nuggets

-Feative lantern, firecrackers, Beast costiume and some new special items

And ofc skins. I hope we get Verdants

well.. I don’t know about anyone else but year of the “Carrat” suggests Lunar Island themed stuff.

and the characters most in line for a Lunar skins are Wormwood and Webber (please Shattered Spider?)

Eitherway I hope we get some actual news soon... 

2 hours ago, Cosheeta said:

Heh, those rats look familiar

Cosheeta

dstbeta_sm.png
  • Cosheeta
  •  
  • 206 posts

Some of you might have seen my little mod ideas thread, long story short, lotsa clockwork thingies.

Including this Robotic rat that is supposedly a pawn piece that storms you in massive numbers.

IHfzfeo.png

Ooof, sorry for not quoting you when I originally drew that.

Wind up Rats! Wind up Rats that rush you and explode like a Creeper in Minecraft... or in my case- 

the Toy Remote Control Cars in a Batman The Animated TV Series episode.

Why does this game not have Exploding enemies? Fire hound or a fat Mosquito is as close as we get lol

2 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

latest?cb=20170519220212latest?cb=20161222023557

Uhh okay I guess, But that’s not.. a Mechanical Rat that winds the key on its back up and then rushes after you on wheels while making high pitched Whirling noises before Exploding. 

You really gotta watch Batman the Animated TV Series to understand the joke. 

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Uhh okay I guess, But that’s not.. a Mechanical Rat that winds the key on its back up and then rushes after you on wheels while making high pitched Whirling noises before Exploding. 

You really gotta watch Batman the Animated TV Series to understand the joke. 

I got the reference but it's too mechanical for DST aesthetics, most of the dangers in the game are organic or ethereal, we only have clockworks that are cold and mechanical, I can only imagine Winona, WX78 or Wagstaff coming up with similar toys. I believe that the focal point of the Chinese new year event coming out this Thursday on January 23 (I'll tell it as if it's confirmed to make it a constructed reality) will be the symbiotic Carrats, and perhaps Moleworms and Batisisks if they want to direct some spotlight to those ratlike creatures aswell.

17 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I got the reference but it's too mechanical for DST aesthetics, most of the dangers in the game are organic or ethereal, we only have clockworks that are cold and mechanical, I can only imagine Winona, WX78 or Wagstaff coming up with similar toys. I believe that the focal point of the Chinese new year event coming out this Thursday on January 23 (I'll tell it as if it's confirmed to make it a constructed reality) will be the symbiotic Carrats, and perhaps Moleworms and Batisisks if they want to direct some spotlight to those ratlike creatures aswell.

I think the above image is a reskinned clockwork actually. But it does still look really cool. 

Also I agree with you, I think the event will simply Temporarily replace all carrots on the entire map as Carrat. And maybe if we are lucky a Lunar Island themed skins for Wormwood and Webber (I Want Shattered Spider!)

Archived