Sign in to follow this  
bluelover929

still no conclusion to the odd graphics issues?

bluelover929    10

i'm only asking because my post was never answered. On the steam version, as of right now i'm having problems with the outlines and colours being very..wrong. especially at night.I have no such problem on chrome :confused: any solutions yet? (my graphics card is up to date)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541816446109806689/77410FFB3B91A90A83200EE2ED52B0BCC22313F2/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541816446118858815/231FF6908B7A3058BDCCE52520DD62DB38F7CDE8/

bluelover929    10

yea I realize this :oops: but i thought maybe they would need specs in order to reproduce it? in any case I hope it's being looked at..will be on both for now as it isnt game breaking. Thanks for the reply at least :}

Toaster Fu    101

That's one reason they have a beta is because they only have so many machines to test with, there's bound to be one that doesn't work with don't starve that they don't have.

JLK    50

I wish there was only one configuration we didn't have :)

As mentioned in the "weird red outlines" thread, there seems to be a driver option you can set, at least on nvidia cards, that forces antialiasing to occur in such a way that our game doesn't play nicely with.

I know you've mentioned you're using an ATI/AMD video card but I would try fiddling with the antialiasing options in your driver settings. Unfortunately the ATI cards that we have here don't seem to have the issue. If you have overridden any settings yourself in the past, I would start with those.

Please let us know if you have any luck.

bluelover929    10

right then :) I've done a bit of messing around with the settings and no luck yet. is there any reason as to why it wouldn't work with steam as opposed to chrome? i would have thought if one worked they both would. (yes silly thinking on my part but i thought they both had the same base graphics)

Kevin    880

When running under windows, chrome actually implements webgl through a directx-based emulator library. Steam just runs straight up opengl.

So, while our game code is the same, you will be doing very different things at the driver level.

Sign in to follow this