Mirthandir

Mirthandir's Mirthandart

Kuba5565    3,133

Welcome to the forums, these are very nice drawings. But

1 hour ago, Mirthandir said:

A couple of Wilba doodles from 40 years ago.

can you explain please?

• Like 1

minespatch    67,816
On 1/9/2020 at 11:39 PM, Mirthandir said:

20191125_215049.png

hound.png

20190719_010146.png

Resembles @SDragonhead's Webber but unlike dragonhead making the teeth part of the flesh, the bony teeth are given a bucktooth vibe here. Cute painting and nice lighting.

Were you inspired by the anatomy of the moon hounds with the mouth?

That little detail became so iconic. Everyone wants to draw baby Warly.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:59 AM, Mirthandir said:

sketch1549630388518_1_1.png

sketch1549630388518_1.png

warbanned1.pngwarbanned2.png

You now have my curiosity piqued about the drawing.

That's adorable. Love the little ugly details on her chin.

I saw your thread a few days ago and I told my father your comic. This really made me blurt out laughing.

On 1/16/2020 at 10:29 PM, Mirthandir said:

itsathreat.png

578c39481d26a_Wilsonhashadenoughwithmaxwell.png.ce2f204374c213e671a933333426f130.png

I'm glad you're enjoying the terror that is WX's teeth.:wilson_ecstatic:

Is there a type of green color you used for this? It doesn't look grey to me.

DragonMage156    26,442
On 1/17/2020 at 4:29 PM, Mirthandir said:

My sense of humor is the other survivors making increasingly vague threats at Maxwell

Oh I saw that yesterday XD was it Tumblr or DA? I wasn't sure if it was a birchnut or not at first.

Mirthandir    567
7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Oh I saw that yesterday XD was it Tumblr or DA? I wasn't sure if it was a birchnut or not at first.

It was probably on my tumblr. I hope to god it wasn't on DA, because I haven't used my DA in like two years and if it was on there then whoever posted it stole it without permission.

• Like 1

DragonMage156    26,442
23 minutes ago, Mirthandir said:

It was probably on my tumblr. I hope to god it wasn't on DA, because I haven't used my DA in like two years and if it was on there then whoever posted it stole it without permission.

Must have been Tumblr then ^^;

minespatch    67,816
6 hours ago, Mirthandir said:

y solution to this? Make the chelicerae white.20200118_192238.thumb.png.707683260665c1b63ff84d7becb21ac9.png

The expression is kind of a awkward pre-teen-to-teen look where he's being told the bird and the bees.

Mirthandir    567
8 hours ago, SDragonhead said:

Also I always look up for any new draws you do! Glad to find ya here on the forums now

image0-29.png.b2dcf57263fd986c98e07c8781c36c6b.png

I mean the only real reason I never ventured to the forums was just bc the visual clutter of forums has always turned me off from them, but also I am Bewildered at you waiting on me since I always feel like baby tier in terms of artist popularity/recognition. I mean I have a couple of popular posts but, ;;

• Like 1

minespatch    67,816
8 hours ago, SDragonhead said:

Also I always look up for any new draws you do! Glad to find ya here on the forums now

I wanted to tag you so you could see this person's art and so I could give a example without saying "HOW DARE YOU STEAL A POISON'S STOIL!?!?". You two are really good artists.:wilson_goodjob:

5 minutes ago, Mirthandir said:

I never ventured to the forums was just bc the visual clutter of forums has always turned me off from them,

Thanks for joining the forums! I really like looking at your work,.

• Like 1

DragonMage156    26,442
On 1/20/2020 at 12:35 PM, Mirthandir said:

I mean the only real reason I never ventured to the forums was just bc the visual clutter of forums has always turned me off from them,

I always feel like baby tier in terms of artist popularity/recognition. I mean I have a couple of popular posts but, ;;

Yeah the forums can be quite a bit to take in at first but you get used to it over time. Heck, I don't even visit every sub-forum ^^; just art, memes and off-topic stuff.

I feel you. I've been on DA for the longest time and still only have a handful of active watchers. But I'm glad you decided to join us ^_^

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

minespatch    67,816
10 hours ago, Mirthandir said:

I actually had this idea a good couple weeks back, but I was kinda dealing with moving into a new place

Sometimes it can take a year for me to tackle the ideas I already printed out refs for.

10 hours ago, Mirthandir said:

20200129_035132.thumb.png.cbc082c66b4ef7f46a9d38c08b441c52.png

He looks really dapper there! The colors give off a Currier and Ives vibe.

• Like 2

minespatch    67,816

Nice base for Wheeler for the designs. Gives her a organic and lazed pose.

The Woodie design is huggable.

• Like 2

Mirthandir    567
1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Nice base for Wheeler for the designs. Gives her a organic and lazed pose.

I just now realized I gave that Woodie sketch and the Wheeler(s) the almost exact same pose, which. I did not mean to do. The Woodie was drawn today and most of the Wheelers were drawn 2+ weeks ago, so uh. Whoops.

But either way, Wheeler's a chill gal, so having her weight resting lazily on one leg seemed in-character. Or maybe I just have a lot of stock poses.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

The Woodie design is huggable.

Full disclosure, Woodie basically looks and acts like a slightly younger version of my IRL grandpa. All I can think of when it comes to Woodie is my grandpa and it shows in any and all art I do of him

• Like 1

SDragonhead    3,409

Wheeler wheeeler wheeler goooood It is so excellent to see these skin designs! I love it a lot.. Wheeler is high up on favorite characters cuz she’s right up my alley and O gotta draw her some day. Yeeeehaw.

• Like 2