Compact Bathroom Loop

2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

Not the word I would use, but for the most part we are trying to understand your design and help you improve.

Yet they're nitpicking a completely irrelevant part that is there for the sole purpose of demonstrating the output pipe of the system? If I had walled those sinks in, would they also inquire as to how would dupes use them? Submerged in magma?

The question is so ridiculous and nonsensical that I have trouble finding what would constitute a valid answer.

6 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I'm still stuck on how "whooshed" was relevant... 

Coloquial term.  "Whooshed" represents making a gesture of something flying over your head, meaning "That went straight over your head."   In other words, @Ixenzothinks that he's being punked by our responses.

I can't speak for others, but I personally did not realize he was showing a potential layout and not his actual layout within his base.  The engineer in me required that I point out the design flaw.  I was not making fun of the build and I was not being facetious.  It simply didn't cross my mind that it wasn't an actual in-use example from their base.

1 hour ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Coloquial term.  "Whooshed" represents making a gesture of something flying over your head, meaning "That went straight over your head."   In other words, @Ixenzothinks that he's being punked by our responses.

Now I'm even more confused.  What does something going over your head.. or implying so with the gesture... have to do with being punked?

12 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

Nothing goes over my head.  My reflexes are too fast.  I would catch it.

2 minutes ago, Janellope said:

@Neotuck Just tried your build and it immediately broke. The first germ sensor is stuck 'on' and as such won't close the door, so the tank just fills up, and does nothing else.

Did you include showers? Germ sensors do have a tendency to get buggy and need a non germy PW packet to reset it.  Showers should provide that

I don't use showers as they waste time for little to no benefit. Your build requires none germy pw to enter your sterilization? That doesn't seem good at all.

Edit:

I found a fix. I replaced the first sensor for a liquid pipe element sensor instead. 

Just now, Janellope said:

I don't use showers as they waste time for little to no benefit. Your build requires none germy pw to enter your sterilization? That doesn't seem good at all.

Not required, just recommended.  Sometimes sinks also send germ free packets too

You can switch out the germ sensors out for a clock sensor to avoid the bug and get the desired result.  Have the clock set to open the door at the beginning of your first bathroom break and remain open for 50% of the cycle before closing the door

7 minutes ago, Janellope said:

I found a fix. I replaced the first sensor for a liquid pipe element sensor instead. 

That works too

2 hours ago, Janellope said:

I don't use showers as they waste time for little to no benefit.

+3 morale is nothing to sneeze at.  And if you build the showers in a nature reserve, it's +9 total.  And you can decor bomb them.

17 minutes ago, psusi said:

+3 morale is nothing to sneeze at.  And if you build the showers in a nature reserve, it's +9 total.  And you can decor bomb them.

My dupes have 35 morale, no parks, no showers... 3 morale is nothing... bbq gives +8, I have never had a need for more morale and especially not at the cost of time the dupes could otherwise be spent productively.

4 minutes ago, Janellope said:

My dupes have 35 morale, no parks, no showers... 3 morale is nothing... bbq gives +8, I have never had a need for more morale and especially not at the cost of time the dupes could otherwise be spent productively.

How do you get to 35 with no showers or any of the new recreation things?  Unless... I guess with +5 from training skills they are interested in... and if you have enough decor to get the +12 from that?

14 minutes ago, psusi said:

How do you get to 35 with no showers or any of the new recreation things?  Unless... I guess with +5 from training skills they are interested in... and if you have enough decor to get the +12 from that?

BBQ eaten in a great hall is 14 by itself... My dupes are eating Surf n' Turf so they get +18. +8 from skill interests. Washroom, bedroom, and 'being a duplicant' is another +5. They get +3 for a 4 shift break. I just started decor so they are only getting +1 from that.

Surf n' Turf not only multiples your calories per effort but is an amazing morale boost and really rather easy to farm. +18 for almost no duplicant labor or +3 to waste every dupes time? Heck, you could go with cooked fish and still get +8 for next to zero labor.

Archived