Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey y'all, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Short disclaimer: I'm terrible at modding and know almost zero about coding, but I can follow directions and I thought I did for this character mod using the tutorial that everyone and their mother knows about.

So when I get the error telling me to check the log for details, I did that, and to be honest, I couldn't find a darn thing (because I don't know what to look for).

So if any kind soul could tell me what ludicrously tiny error I made to cause this...error, that'd be awesome.

 

Also, if anyone could give me the quick rundown on how to make it so my character knows a recipe, I.E Fire Staff and/or Ice Staff, that'd be cool too, but it isn't a priority.

And seriously, thank you for your time!

Edit: I don't think I really explained it well enough, but what I'm trying to do is MAKE a character. Sorry if I confused anyone.

log.txt

 

 

 

eonthespellsword-DST.zip

Edited by RanOutOfSpac
Added the zip thingy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, thomas4846 said:

pass us the code too

Sorry, could you elaborate? I just recently learned I'm really dumb lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AkaiNight    12
17 hours ago, RanOutOfSpac said:

Sorry, could you elaborate? I just recently learned I'm really dumb lol.

how many mods do you use? And can you load you character file? If im able to fix i would fix it and reupload you mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 2:58 PM, AkaiNight said:

how many mods do you use? And can you load you character file? If im able to fix i would fix it and reupload you mod.

To test this, I disabled all other mods. what I'm trying to do is create a character. I'm just mentioning that because I don't think I explained that will enough int he OP lmao. Anyways, I'm gonna edit the topic and add the rest of the files that are needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lokoluna    48
1 hour ago, RanOutOfSpac said:

To test this, I disabled all other mods. what I'm trying to do is create a character. I'm just mentioning that because I don't think I explained that will enough int he OP lmao. Anyways, I'm gonna edit the topic and add the rest of the files that are needed.

Patch the whole mod folder into a zip, as we will need your anims and stuff to make stuff work correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lokoluna said:

Patch the whole mod folder into a zip, as we will need your anims and stuff to make stuff work correctly.

I assume you meant to put the zip on the forum here. So I added it to the OP. Also, I haven't done the art yet, so it's just gonna be the template right now. I've edited basically everything else (that needs editing). I don't think it matters, but just wanted to mention that.

Edited by RanOutOfSpac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 10:51 PM, AkaiNight said:

well you just need to replace this and it should be working. If you need more help just let me know

speech_eonthespellsword.lua

Wow, that did it. I'm a little upset it was an issue with the speech file lol. Did I accidentally delete a " or something? Thanks a bunch! Now I can work on the other stuff lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now