glooomy

Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs

wigfrids hat    5203
On 5/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, reichull said:

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Here's the "Sinkhole" de Mayo design I did for a cave entrance :wilson_flower:2113437493_ScreenShot2020-05-05at2_09_45PM.thumb.png.57d8a879b7e0aed4d5348572fced9018.png

this is no less than the third time i have looked at this and it is still brilliant<3 the colours are wonderful, the use of succulents & gems is inspiring and much like all of your basing floors you chose quite complimentary turfs<3

also for anyone confused why i re-liked so many old pics i just wanted to use the new sanity, health and hunger buttons. they seem perfect for this thread with its pleasing geometry, beautiful kitchens and wonderfully stimulating designs<3

Edited by gaymime
  • Like 4

CaptainChaotica    6055
On 7/27/2020 at 11:32 PM, gaymime said:

oh man, this took the entirety of winter and a couple days of autumn to build since my dummy self decided i would only use light-coloured turf and i ended up being about 6 tiles short

1477661953_wellnessgarden.thumb.png.f829aed0826c8f4785d81cda7a722673.png

Oh, not that I would understand what that's like at all.  "I know!  I'll do this already complex thing, and then I'll EXTRA limit myself on purpose!"  Like, it's not a DS/T thing, but recently I made a lot in the Sims (4, which I got during the Steam Summer Sale this year) where I wanted to make little tiny-but-functional houses.

And then I decided I also wanted each one to be all themed in one colour, as close as I could get.

And then I decided to make EIGHT of them.

And last but not least, they all had to use not only no CC, but nothing but _basegame_ content!

Spoiler

littleboxessims4.thumb.png.90da7c1e6ae5f86ae4409ef339bb567f.png

The interiors are all matching colour-themed, too.  And as you can see from the surrounding desert-y looking rocks 'n' stuff, I also made an Oasis base this time. Such a generic move!

(The town IS literally called "Oasis Springs"...)

It did eventually work out, but man was it a pain in the butt.  : P

I don't know what I can show for my own post that's DS/T related that's both a pretty built structure and something I haven't shown yet, but I WILL say that tons of _your_ guys' stuff is, as always, GORGEOUS.  The colours!   The lighting!  The elegant symmetry or deliberately-"messy" scattering of objects!  Just...wow.

Also thanks for saying that my stuff is "health" and "sanity, Gaymime.  XD

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1

Sunset Skye    12632
2 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

although how is that grass just regular grass and not tall grass?

The type of grass you get from planting a grass tuft is decided when you plant it. So if I remember correctly, I probably planted all of the grass tufts on sand, then put the wild plains turf down afterwards.

• Like 1

wigfrids hat    5203
2 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

snip

my thought is that i have no idea what a mega base is x''D no matter how big i make 'em there is always one that is bigger, hahaha

in all seriousness though i do have a question; is it going to be a single full base with all tiles connected or will it be a cluster of large rooms with short connecting roads?

• Like 1

Blue Moth    6283
10 hours ago, gaymime said:

is it going to be a single full base with all tiles connected or will it be a cluster of large rooms with short connecting roads?

what do you mean

wigfrids hat    5203
1 minute ago, Blue Moth said:

what do you mean

like, right now it is many small bases(rooms) connected by pathways and do not touch each other. will you keep that style or will you eventually have the room touch each other/put other rooms in-between?

• Like 1

Blue Moth    6283
Just now, gaymime said:

like, right now it is many small bases(rooms) connected by pathways and do not touch each other. will you keep that style or will you eventually have the room touch each other/put other rooms in-between?

i will keep that style unless i think of something better to do

• Like 1