reichull

Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs

ArubaroBeefalo    3076
9 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

what's that turf?

Im not sure but seems like flooring from hamlet, the floor that can be buy to decorate the interiors of the houses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

reichull    1076
9 hours ago, kila said:

Really beautiful!!!may i copy some of your design in my world?:wilson_love:i really like your amazing idea!:wilson_horror:

Of course! I don't mind at all ^-^

16 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

what's that turf?

Like @Charlie Dark said, I used The Architect Pack mod to get the "Stone Road" turf from Hamlet for the road and one of the interior floorings from Hamlet for the floor inside the kitchen area. x

Edited by reichull
  • Like 3

Duck986    440
On 6/24/2020 at 7:36 PM, CaptainChaotica said:
Spoiler

GOD these are all gorgeous.  I could _never_ plan this stuff out that well.  I'm sure that if I tried, I'd quickly find I'd picked a piece of land that wasn't big enough in all directions, and have to start over...

Let's see...does I has anything that would fit this thread...

132ruinsfullview.thumb.png.9ca95aa87fb4a93acbe2ac0798c63605.png

My ruins!  Also from the "Builder's Project" thread.  I actually used the worst parts of summer to my advantage--the Antlion's sinkholes look like part of the reason that it IS now ruins, and burned trees work for "meteor impact site"-chic as well.

125ruinslivingroom.thumb.png.824c25d40e730901eb14b03235350ce4.png

The living room area.  We can see here that they did indeed have furniture, writing, and pottery.  Broken pieces of wall litter the floor...as do a lot of skeletons in unfortunate poses. Whatever happened here, it happened suddenly.

126ruinshallway.thumb.png.afe3b1439e27eabf1fee810de6f942b9.png

The hallway, and more skeletons.

127ruinsmainarea.thumb.png.629be3d18ed26e323a849d2e372a2912.png

The central area--we don't know if the lectern here was for giving speeches, or sermons, or teaching.  Were those statues meant to represent animal gods, or perhaps they were monuments to beloved family pets?  

130ruinsagriculture.thumb.png.95095ecf409001b0977b3c30ea04d5a8.png

The people who made this structure long ago did indeed have agriculture.  Whether this was to feed their own family or to sell, or both, we can't be certain.

131ruinssign.thumb.png.e3b916afd014e7428f8b9e92aa9b2b9c.png

Willow calls 'em how she sees 'em.  XD

Reveal hidden contents

Despite it being called "Mystery Ruins" here, the "culture" that made this does have a semi-officlal name:  The Mosaicans.  Because I built this in the mosaic landscape, aka what I decided to call "Mosaicana" while building. Lol.  They're also mentioned in the text for one of the items in  my museum, (the NEXT Building Project...project) which was also made by people from long ago but not AS long ago.  To the musuem-building people the "Mosaicans" were also old history.  It's like...Bronze-Age vs. medieval, kinda.

Yes, I started doing freaking _continuity_ with my builds.  Be afraid.  Be very, very afraid.  : P

naturereclaimstheruins.thumb.png.894051ab191404ff1293197a86f253d3.png

And now...a year (?) later, Mother Nature has claimed the ruins.  As she will one day come for us all.

Reveal hidden contents

This happened like RIGHT before the patch that made lumpy evergreens less invasive, lol.  I'm kinda glad their code was still annoying for this picture's sake, however, 'cos it REALLY fits the story/theme.

By the way, this is not an aspect-ratio-stretched picture. The trees really ARE that tall.  I literally canNOT get their tops onto the screen at the same time as their bottoms without a camera mod.  Annoying when you can't see past them, but _damn_ if it doesn't make your forests more atmospheric.

(Mods used:  Furniture Megapack, Pet Statues, Evergreens 2Gether, the "Aerial View" camera mod and a liberal use of the C_spawn (thing) command for stuff like on-demand skeletons and burn marks.  No other commands were used.)

...Notorious

Wow! This looks like a (almost) perfect setpiece to implement into DST.

Edited by Duck986
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hornete    4127
9 minutes ago, gaymime said:

they are very pretty but, correct me if i am wrong, aren't they wendy-exclusive?

They are, but in a late game megabase world, I imagine its not too hard to switch to Wendy for a bit and switch back.

• Like 3

gaymime    1609
13 minutes ago, Hornete said:

They are, but in a late game megabase world, I imagine its not too hard to switch to Wendy for a bit and switch back.

i suppose that is an option but i kind of don't want to p&s just for lamps X''D  i wonder if i could coax a wendy to come play in my world for a couple hours instead?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

gaymime    1609

i suppose plaming 16 years of playing the original sims with the walls down is not appropriate? XD for sure though it only seems spacious because i haven't filled it up yet, haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1