reichull

Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs

BeeClops    1109
22 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

image.thumb.png.0aadc33ebffe649b5dae9ba47a81bf02.png

Here is my largest DST build, My Bee Queen palace, This was made for fashion and function. The halls at the side of the arena are to mess with the grumble bees' pathing so they have to take a long detour in order to get to me. This build took a while to make but i'm happy with the result.

looks very pretty, but I would expect the grumblebees to kill both houndiuses with this setup, unless you're Wendy. Do they not?

• Like 1

Blue Moth    5622
13 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

looks very pretty, but I would expect the grumblebees to kill both houndiuses with this setup, unless you're Wendy. Do they not?

after just testing the arena, the bees did kill one of them, but oh well, i've got an extra and i never use houdiuses anyways

• Like 2

BeeClops    1109
10 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

after just testing the arena, the bees did kill one of them, but oh well, i've got an extra and i never use houdiuses anyways

I wouldn't use them for BQ unless you put like 20, you'll end up wasting them; grumblebees group up on 1 at a time until they smash it. I'm very surprised one of them survived in your testing tbh.

x0-VERSUS-1y    7054
6 hours ago, BeeClops said:

I wouldn't use them for BQ unless you put like 20, you'll end up wasting them; grumblebees group up on 1 at a time until they smash it. I'm very surprised one of them survived in your testing tbh.

In case you missed it, that's just an aesthetic setup done in Creative Mode and/or via console commands - there's a lot of Thulecite and Ancient Archive turf for example while Cave shard is deactivated (look at the Sink Hole spot missing its entrance).

Spoiler

missing-sinkhole.png.d9525c041caf8986815d2fa15773d4e9.png

Don't put too much functionality thought into it. In fact most setups from this thread are done via Creative Mode/console commands for fancies. The correct answer should be "one can put as many Houndi as c_give("eyeturret_item",N) ca give".

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 3

BeeClops    1109
1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

In case you missed it, that's just an aesthetic setup done in Creative Mode and/or via console commands - there's a lot of Thulecite and Ancient Archive turf for example while Cave shard is deactivated (look at the Sink Hole spot missing its entrance).

Hide contents

missing-sinkhole.png.d9525c041caf8986815d2fa15773d4e9.png

Don't put too much functionality thought into it. In fact most setups from this thread are done via Creative Mode/console commands for fancies. The correct answer should be "one can put as many Houndi as c_give("eyeturret_item",N) ca give".

the original screenshot did say it's "fashion and function", that's why I addressed the functionality part, otherwise I wouldn't have. Didn't notice the cave-in but I didn't really assume it's made legit or creative, I know a lot of the builds here are creative so I decided to not care about that part anymore.

• Like 3

CaptainChaotica    6025

Mine were all made in Survival mode, but mostly by spawning things in, since in most cases it would've taken too long and/or stripped an area of more resources than I would feel okay doing (even if it IS just my own world).  Also since this is a Huge world and things are sometimes spaced far apart from each other, the build times would've been at least doubled with trips back and forth if I had to actually _get_ the materials.  (Not to mention I tend to travel pretty inventory-heavy, so I don't have that many slots available at any given time).

So it's good to know that spawned/creative mode stuff is still accepted here.  :)

If it helps, most of my fancier builds took over an entire season (including longer-than-usual randomised seasons) to make even WITH spawning things in, and I had to deal with stuff like lightning, wildfires, sandstorms and giants, in addition to routine problems like hounds.  The story of how I made my Ruins was especially epic--it involved life, death, fire, a Spider Queen, the most determined to die trees ever, murderous teenbirds, the Antlion and the Bearger.  (And then, JUST before the tree-spawning behavior was changed, the surrounding forest swallowed it whole.)

(Edit:   Apparently I don't know how to link to a specific post after all.  I was trying to show the "humorous backstory" post about the ruins)

To make my museum I had to don goggles and fight hounds in a sandstorm multiple times (and before that, part of the exhibit burned down TWICE from spring lightning!  Which caused me to swear on a sign next to the finally-made lightning rod. : P). 
And when I went back to check on my pig village, I found out that while I had proofed it against wildfires, I hadn't proofed it against giants--Mama Goose had made herself and her family at home there.  XD  (Fortunately only a bit of the outer fence was broken.)

And then there's the paranoia about fires I had while building the all-wood Viking longhouse, or worrying that the cherry trees would burn down when making the Japanese sand-garden...

In other words, sometimes even spawned builds can be an adventure!  If you're dumb and do so in Survival rather than Creative mode, like I did. : P

Edit:  I've never once spawned in anything that I flat out COULDN'T get the normal way.  No boss drops from mobs I'm not a good enough fighter to beat, or rare ruins stuff, or anything like that.  Just ordinary materials like stone, wood and gold.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica

Notecja    1926
3 hours ago, gaymime said:

how should i deal with bats

Houndius shootus or/and bunnymen. The first one should be safer for you and btw dont build just one, but at least 5 of them or more. Walls dont really helps with bats, but can mess with their pathfinding. 

• Like 1

Articestone    909
11 hours ago, AleksyPL said:

This my Honey farm and the old farms...

i should build more decorations, but i am not good at buildings so i am still learning

beefarm.png

Good job. You are making ur first step with decorating through symmetry but why did you have to trigger my OCDwith the honey farm

Edited by Articestone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Potato Cup 1

AleksyPL    390
On 4/3/2021 at 3:26 AM, Articestone said:

Good job. You are making ur first step with decorating through symmetry but why did you have to trigger my OCDwith the honey farm

done ;>

honeydone.png

• Like 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Sad Dupe 1