SinancoTheBest

Klei 2020 Roadmap (Fanmade) - What do you want & expect in 2020?

HorseyTheYes    954
Posted (edited)

When people are desperate for the 2020 roadmap

so they make their own-

Spoiler

Though these are interesting speculations and wish it was true lol

49 minutes ago, Pies said:

Myself though, I hope we'll see more new original characters rather than recycled Shipwrecked/Hamlet characters.

I half agree, I hope they'll specify how many characters are actually new and which are just from base game hhh

But I kinda want Wagstaff in dst ngl-

Edited by HorseyTheYes
  • Like 3

4 Da LOLs    2,904
5 hours ago, Pies said:

noone plays Wendy.

ya'll ever heard of Wes?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Darkmight    10
1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

ya'll ever heard of Wes?

Honestly, i encountered more Wendy's than Wes's
actually... i think i only ever encountered 1 Wes during the entirety of my DST Playtime

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    2,266

Wendy is Awesome, Abigail is not.. Abigail is dumb.

I will rest my case by stating that they recently Added Wurt to the game: Wurt can create Merm Disguises so that we can live in her Swamp Base with her and not get punched in the face.

You know what else lives in the Swamp?? Tentacles which even if they aren’t anywhere near Wendy to be a Threat Abigail still attacks and ultimately dies to instead of gee I don’t  know- The Wave Of hounds that are Wrecking Wendy’s face At that Moment.

Wendy Can’t even use a Boomerang to Quickly kill birds for Morsel because her Damage is too WEAK.

So excuse you Mr. No one plays Wendy.. but some of us Wendy mains are rather patiently waiting for the Wendy Rework hoping it fixes a good bit of this.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Starlogy    2,751
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wendy is Awesome, Abigail is not.. Abigail is dumb.

But Wendy's whole gimick is Abigail. If Abigail is dumb, what does that make Wendy?

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    2,266
1 hour ago, Hornete said:

that's called a downside.

Yeah- that’s called never bother crafting Boomerangs as Wendy.

• Like 1

Sunset Skye    6,764
26 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah- that’s called never bother crafting Boomerangs as Wendy.

This is such a silly thing to complain about. You can still freeze birds with an ice staff and then attack them with a stronger weapon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    2,266
22 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

This is such a silly thing to complain about. You can still freeze birds with an ice staff and then attack them with a stronger weapon.

Or.. just build bird traps and plant bird seed in it, that’s not what I’m complaining about.. I’m Complaining about the fact that her Weakness renders certain weapons useless to her- and before you ask NO I don’t look up the absolute best most OP items to use and then everything else is Irrelevant. 

But Wendy can still use Boomerangs to Aggro Koalephant so they aren't 100% completely useless- it just gives a weapon I enjoy using limited use while playing as my favorite character, You can chalk that up to Weaknesses, Downsides, Blah blah blah.. but it doesn’t change the fact that to get the full effectiveness out of an item I enjoy using I need to play as someone other than Wendy.

It’s Almost like saying okay let’s add Woodlegs to the game but to make him Unique he’s now going to be the only one who can steer a boats steering wheel because he is a pirate captain and everyone else will do his bidding by dropping paddles into the water and 1.. 2.. 3.. Row Ye Salty Dogs or else walk the plank.

okay maybe not exactly like that.. but you get the idea I hope lol

• Confused 7

Mr. Despair    113
47 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

That's such a non-issue. Wendy and Wes have damage reductions, that's their main drawbacks. Why are you complaining about boomerangs of all things? "Ugh, I hate playing Wigfrid. Vegetables are COMPLETELY useless to her. I mean, I can still use them as filler for pierogi but... still dragonpies are so useless." Or "I wish they just let Webber befriend pigs... they are so useless, all they do is hit me! I very much enjoy having pig followers, so why can't Webber have them?! I get that he's a spider but... wow."

Not the same thing, Wendy and Wes waste a lot more resources that any other characters.

Pressing F to kil a boss for 30 minutes is bad, imagine doing that for 15 more minutes and needing more weapons.

Wigfrid/Wolfgang/Wicker are good because you will take enemies faster and their damage modifiers + regen/speed makes up for their drawbacks.

There is really not much that you could do about Wes or Wendy's low damage (Fighting with a beefalo erases the lower modifier but domesticating one is boring and painful), Abigail will not help you at all againts bosses and you will be obligated to just fight them alone while wasting more time compared to the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    2,266
2 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

I know it's not the point of your saying, but is that what the community really wants ? Every character to be at equal strenght with limited flaws ? For every character to be as strong as Wigfrid/Wolfgang/Wicker ?

I don't think it would be a good way of balancing things out to be honest. I know alot of people play the game solo (i am myself a solo Wes main), but i think that everybody should bring good to a team to get a powerful synergy or group  in a game suppose to be multiplayer. Not to be overpowered by themself. If characters have downsides, it's for a reason. Wendy and Wes damage nerf is how the dev intended them to be play as.

I do believe that abigail needs a rework don't get me wrong, but i think that complaining about downside of character won't make the survivability part of the game more fun. My opinion might be bias though by the fact that i do enjoy hard challenges that ask you to prepare yourself better then usual.

Realistically a 10 Year old little girl is going to throw a Boomerang a lot further and a lot harder than a 74 year old fragile Librarian at the end of her lifespan.. 

But hey- Video Game Logic.

Abigail needs to be more useful in fighting Situations, She does Absolutely nothing but stand there waiting for you to die and join her while your being attacked by Shadow Monsters, And Why every time I even attempt to get close to and heal her does she float away from me??

Wendy needs a Rework- Rather y’all like it or not, and saying she doesn’t is just lying to yourselves at this point.

• Confused 3

Cheddar Cheese    741

Advanced issue found

21 hours ago, Pies said:

Let's be frank, noone plays Wendy.

Every server I join there is at least two Wendys and one of those people that has her expensive skins that hop on once in a while

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    2,266
On 1/2/2020 at 5:08 AM, HorseyTheYes said:

When people are desperate for the 2020 roadmap

so they make their own-

Reveal hidden contents

Though these are interesting speculations and wish it was true lol

I half agree, I hope they'll specify how many characters are actually new and which are just from base game hhh

But I kinda want Wagstaff in dst ngl-

New characters would be anyone who is NOT-

Woodlegs, Walani, Wilbur, Wilba, Wagstaff or Wheeler.

They did say 4 Brand new characters Exclusive to DST didn’t they??? 

So I'm scratching Wormwood since he is also part of Hamlet off that list and instead replacing him with Winona- Who was the first DST Exclusive to begin with, (and yes I’m being totally biased towards Winona because I love her and more people should try to Main her)

However.. having said that I know EXACTLY how to fix her Totally Useless Spotlight. (and I’ll post that in another thread)