Klei 2020 Roadmap (Fanmade) - What do you want & expect in 2020?

What do I want? No. Wendy. Rework.
What I expect? A grander scheme from "The Return of Them", and the occasional character rework starting with Wendy as the first rework. I also expect at least a new character to join the "Spool Party".

As someone who plays a fair amount as Wendy, I can say that Wendy is fine without the rework. By fair, I mean all of my time playing Don't Starve Together. In my opinion, she is easy to learn but hard to master. ALSO in my opinion, it is easier to master a thing instead of two things. AND ALSO in my opinion, Bernie doesn't count.

The only buff Klei have given to Wendy is that she can make more Abigail's flowers, and IN MY OPINION this already count as a rework and a massive buff to Abigail.

And another OPINION I would like to add: Wendy is balanced, much like Wilson, and I would prefer it that way. 

On a side note, I made this account because the threat of Wendy rework is coming closer and I can stand silent no longer.

4 hours ago, I_Disagree said:

What do I want? No. Wendy. Rework.
What I expect? A grander scheme from "The Return of Them", and the occasional character rework starting with Wendy as the first rework. I also expect at least a new character to join the "Spool Party".

As someone who plays a fair amount as Wendy, I can say that Wendy is fine without the rework. By fair, I mean all of my time playing Don't Starve Together. In my opinion, she is easy to learn but hard to master. ALSO in my opinion, it is easier to master a thing instead of two things. AND ALSO in my opinion, Bernie doesn't count.

The only buff Klei have given to Wendy is that she can make more Abigail's flowers, and IN MY OPINION this already count as a rework and a massive buff to Abigail.

And another OPINION I would like to add: Wendy is balanced, much like Wilson, and I would prefer it that way. 

On a side note, I made this account because the threat of Wendy rework is coming closer and I can stand silent no longer.

Cycling Flowers just seems like a THING Klei did as sort of a temporary fix for Wendy until they could really Rework her if I’m being totally honest- (I’m saying this as Someone Who Mains Wendy By The Way..) Because uhh well Abigail only lives inside ONE flower & it makes absolutely no sense at all for you to be able to kill one and then immediately cycle to another.

Wendys Weakness shouldn’t be being too weak to use a Boomerang- it should be and should always remain to be- taking a quite some time to summon Abigail.

Now you may be thinking What? no!! Wendy would be totally ruined- but think about it, When they Rework Wendy I’m pretty sure they will fix Abigail and stop her from mass suiciding herself into Tentacle 24/7 She May even stay near Wendy long enough for Wendy to heal Abigail instead of floating away when Wendy gets too close to her. 

Wendys weakness should be having to maintain Abigails flower. And if one gets lost are stollen the old flower Wilts away and turns to ash before Wendy can craft a new one. Yes this would prevent Flower cycling.. 

But this nerf is necessary if Abigail is going to get new found abilities such as- When Abigail is summoned all Ghost Mobs become Neutral to Wendy and can be added as Ghostly Followers such as Webber Spiders, or Wurts Merms. If ANY Character is getting to have an Army of Ghosts it has to be Wendy... (they would still attack Wendy if Abigail isn’t around)

But the second Thing Abigail should be able to do is Haunt stuff, like a dead player can to change its appearance (such as converting a regular flower into a Evil flower)

And probably feeding Abigail glow berries will allow her to glow brighter like fueling a Lantern.

Yeah I know... Abigail Op- which is why Flower cycling should become Obsolete.

But ultimately it all depends on how deep of a Rework Klei decides to give to Wendy I guess.

On 1/1/2020 at 8:10 PM, SinancoTheBest said:

a picture saying that walani would be the next and last new character

they said they wouldn't bring any more existing/unused characters into the game i think so walani out of question

On 1/2/2020 at 3:23 AM, Pies said:

Let's be frank, noone plays Wendy.

y'ever been to a chinese server?

1 hour ago, reichull said:

@Mike23Ua ...Maybe Wendy isn't the character for you. Why don't you just switch your main to someone a bit more fitting, since you have so many complaints about her? 

... compare Wendy or better yet compare ANY character yet to receive their Reworks to the ones who HAVE been Reworked or DLC characters-

Here let me just fix that for you if you don’t care to go into Details- Wormwood can Craft Living logs from himself in exchange of HP, Wormwood can also plant random seeds into the dirt anywhere he wants without ever needing to build a farm plot, Wormwood can ALSO create Bramble Snare Traps to Immobilize Enemies, but that’s not all Wormwood can do- Wormwood can create his own unique battle armor that he can give to other players.

Now let’s compare WURT shall we? Wurt can move faster in swamps & create her own Marsh turf, sense tentacles in the swamp, Create her very own shack to spawn Merms out of, Tame her Merms by giving them veggies or a pet fish- they then will follow Wurt around breaking trees and mining rocks for her so Wurt can stand idly by and reap their rewards, BUT WAIT that’s not all Wurt can do- Wurt can also Empower her Merms by Building the Royal Tapestry and summoning a Merm King, Wurt can Also craft Merm Disguises to keep her teammates from being punched in the face while visiting her Swamp home.

WORTOX- Wortox can kill butterflies to collect souls, he can then use said souls as his own personal food source, Use then to teleport around the map or Release his souls to heal not just Himself but anyone standing Near Wortox when he releases his Souls.

WINONA- Winona can create catapults to defend the base with, and create a Spotlight that provides light around the base, Winona can also craft Duct Tape that can be used to repair Winter Hats, Thermal Stones, and Boat Leaks.

WILLOW- Willow is completely immune to taking ANY fire damage, she also spawns with her own personal Torch- her Lighter which she can throw food down in front of her and instantly cook without needing a campfire, Willow when at low Sanity can throw Bernie on the ground and Bernie enlarge into a huge monster that can farm Shadow creatures for Nightmare fuel.

Are you noticing a pattern yet?? Every character who has received a Rework has been given new found abilities making them even more unique and fitting their specific characters intended Atmosphere. Another thing they all share in common is that each of the ones I just mentioned have new found TEAM Based abilities or Craftable Items.

So yes... Shoot me for wanting a freakin Wendy Rework okay?? 

Probably the only characters MORE In need of a Rework than Wendy is Wilson and Wes.

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Probably the only characters MORE In need of a Rework than Wendy is Wilson and Wes.

But the thing is neither @reichullor anyone on the forum said that wendy didn't need a rework... read properly please. We are stating that the complaint that you are doing to wendy are either superficial or can easily be counter with other mechanic in the game. If you aren't satisfied with the current Wendy go play with another character until she does get her rework, because spreading the forum with complaint is only making them not even fun to read. It feels really toxic.

Yes bringing ideas on what would be good rework idea is recommended and can help the dev. But please consider if a problem you have with something in the game can't at all be done in any other ways, because most of the time there is other options. Think outside the box. 

On that have a good day.

@Mike23Ua There's no need to go off on a tangent, Mike. I was simply suggesting that you find a character that best suits you, since a good portion of your complaints about Wendy are things that can be easily solved by either mastering your characters play-style or by switching your character completely.

Also, new team-based abilities are more than welcomed but not one thing you mentioned about the Wendy rework had anything to do with benefitting a team. You seem to be struggling with certain aspects of her character that (although may be a nuisance at times, are still totally manageable) and you wish those things would be changed just to make things easier for you. 

6 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

If you aren't satisfied with the current Wendy go play with another character until she does get her rework, because spreading the forum with complaint is only making them not even fun to read. It feels really toxic.

Agreed. It's such a bummer.

45 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wilson? I understand Wes, but why Wilson?

I thought his whole gimmick was to be a simple character who could only grow a beard and that was it, I think he's fine the way he is lol

10 minutes ago, HorseyTheYes said:

Wilson? I understand Wes, but why Wilson?

I thought his whole gimmick was to be a simple character who could only grow a beard and that was it, I think he's fine the way he is lol

Wilson is an interpited gentleman scientist so I’m sort of expecting more science-y stuff with his Rework I think. 

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wilson is an interpited gentleman scientist so I’m sort of expecting more science-y stuff with his Rework I think. 

Wilson is an absolutely terrible scientist, the entire reason he even got into the constant is because he was so terrible at science that he accepted advice from a talking radio. Wilson's "science" always seems to involve live animals, meat, and/or his own facial hair, so I'm personally hoping for more of that rather than any real science.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:
Spoiler

... compare Wendy or better yet compare ANY character yet to receive their Reworks to the ones who HAVE been Reworked or DLC characters-

Here let me just fix that for you if you don’t care to go into Details- Wormwood can Craft Living logs from himself in exchange of HP, Wormwood can also plant random seeds into the dirt anywhere he wants without ever needing to build a farm plot, Wormwood can ALSO create Bramble Snare Traps to Immobilize Enemies, but that’s not all Wormwood can do- Wormwood can create his own unique battle armor that he can give to other players.

Now let’s compare WURT shall we? Wurt can move faster in swamps & create her own Marsh turf, sense tentacles in the swamp, Create her very own shack to spawn Merms out of, Tame her Merms by giving them veggies or a pet fish- they then will follow Wurt around breaking trees and mining rocks for her so Wurt can stand idly by and reap their rewards, BUT WAIT that’s not all Wurt can do- Wurt can also Empower her Merms by Building the Royal Tapestry and summoning a Merm King, Wurt can Also craft Merm Disguises to keep her teammates from being punched in the face while visiting her Swamp home.

WORTOX- Wortox can kill butterflies to collect souls, he can then use said souls as his own personal food source, Use then to teleport around the map or Release his souls to heal not just Himself but anyone standing Near Wortox when he releases his Souls.

WINONA- Winona can create catapults to defend the base with, and create a Spotlight that provides light around the base, Winona can also craft Duct Tape that can be used to repair Winter Hats, Thermal Stones, and Boat Leaks.

WILLOW- Willow is completely immune to taking ANY fire damage, she also spawns with her own personal Torch- her Lighter which she can throw food down in front of her and instantly cook without needing a campfire, Willow when at low Sanity can throw Bernie on the ground and Bernie enlarge into a huge monster that can farm Shadow creatures for Nightmare fuel.

Are you noticing a pattern yet?? Every character who has received a Rework has been given new found abilities making them even more unique and fitting their specific characters intended Atmosphere. Another thing they all share in common is that each of the ones I just mentioned have new found TEAM Based abilities or Craftable Items.

Not Reworked Yet < Reworked
Go Figure.

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Wilson is an absolutely terrible scientist, the entire reason he even got into the constant is because he was so terrible at science that he accepted advice from a talking radio. Wilson's "science" always seems to involve live animals, meat, and/or his own facial hair, so I'm personally hoping for more of that rather than any real science.

Of course, failed science experiments, not actually being a GOOD Scientist, Maybe give him goofy stuff like the Hallowed Nights Potions lab, or something I don’t know.. Like for example trying to craft a potion that stop Rain but instead it backfires and starts Frog Rain, would be Hilarious TBH..

but ive been pretty well pleased with all of the Reworks so far- and I’m sure Klei won’t disappoint us!

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

3 hours ago, NormalPinkerton said:

If Wilson gets any new scientific stuff, it better be some potions that just backfire horribly but are somewhat useful.

Like he makes a healing potion and it just makes a puddle of acid.

backing you two up with our sources

Well imho Wendy, Wes, Wilson and Webber are the next four characters that deserve a rework, despite the popularity of Wendy and Webber (I really don't share the sentiment of people that say they never see Wendy or Webber players. When playing online, I encounter a Wendy or Webber player constantly, at least one verey server or another, those two are the most played DST characters by my observation). So here is the gist of what I want to see in their reworks: 

>Wendy: Overhaul to Abigail in how she acts and how she is controlled. Some sort of funeral/soul releasing mechanism to refill graves. Perhaps a preferance for ranged weapons or an aditional interaction related to ghosts. Damage penalty is good as it is.

>Wes: His downsides are good as they stand but adding quirky abilities that benefit him or his team could be really nice. Pile of balloons should work as a tab like Maxwell's codex umbra, offering a tab of different balloon options when approached, things like balloon saddle, balloon crown, balloon cake, balloon sword, balloon armchair etc. Pantomiming- he should be able to pantomime basic tools like axe, shovel, pickaxe and oar, in exchange for decreased effectiveness and sanity/hunger loss. Burden to team- other players should benefit from feeding him or something, a daily 5 sanity monus for feeding Wes would be hilarious. To me his muteness is the biggest challenge and I wish there was a way to read the sign posts and pocket scales regardless.

>Wilson: A bit of alchemy, animal pseudoscience would be nice, not awesome effective witch potions but small stuff more in line with animal experimentation, interaction with other characters or hallowed nights stuff.

>Webber: Many more spider interaction options. Learning stuff from different dens of different types from the caves and lunar island could be great, perhaps even a befriending/riding interaction with spiderqueen.

I want Webber to be able to sleep inside a Tier 3 Spider Nest like it’s a Tent, Sleeping in a Tier 3 Nest would function just like the Tent except... Once slept in they Downgrade back to Tier 2 

this does several things actually.. it keeps the Nests Webber’s place near non-Webber players from becoming Tier 3 Spider-Queens, and it makes his quote of “Looks Cozy in There.” Make sense.

Secondly I would make ALL Beefalo always hostile Towards Webber (Like they’re constantly in Mating Season) the Reason for this is I would remove Webber’s ability to tame or Interact with Beefalo & Instead I would make it so that he can tame and ride Spider Queens as his personal Beefalo type Mount.

Make Silk useable as a Fire Source.. His Comments about Grass seem to suggest this was on Klei’s To Do List and for some reason or another got scrapped.

Webber should also not be able to sleep at Night, only Day (just like how all the other Spiders behave)

Lastly the final thing I Want for Webber is a bit far fetched... but boy would it be cool as hell! His own unique personal type of Water Balloon like Throwable item- only he can craft but ANYONE can use.

Corrosive Sticky Web Balloons. Crafting Ingredients 1 Balloon, 4 Silk, 2 Spiders Venom. 

(because uhh yeah I want that to be a thing.)

Thats about all the Ideas I’ve got for Webber I guess. :( 

I just hope the 2 first reworks are Wendy and Wilson. 

Nobody plays Wendy because there is no point in doing so unless you like the character design itself (my case, though I prefer playing others). 

And Wilson... Kinda same situation. I really like Wilson as a character, how he looks, the puns and the damned trumpet, but what is the point? Beard is ok, but... No. 

These 2 needs reworks ASAP, just to be interesting enough to be picked. We can fix the rest afterwards. 

A lot of people complain that people want wilson's rework because it would either make him way too op or get rid of his role as a starter character.  The problem is that there are a lot of characters who feel more like starter characters due to the fact that their downsides feel nonexistent.  An example is willow, who's downside does not come into effect until winter, giving the player a whole season to experience her decent upsides with little problems aside from the ones provided by the world.  This means that wilson fails at being good to experienced players due to a lack of upsides and generally bland gameplay and fails to be a starter character due to other characters filling the role better, resulting in the only people playing him being ones who want default gameplay where the only thing that matters is their ability to play with the gameplay mechanics and not their character's ability.  Reworking wilson would mean that a character with a bland playstyle and lack of strengths could be made fun to play and even a powerful character (I want him to stay as a character for newer players to use and learn the game and not be overpowered, but some people want for him to be strong).

On 6.1.2020 at 4:05 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

Clearly you have not encountered Gorge, Israel

I played Gorge a fair amount, and i think never encountered a Wes there either.
Neither did i encounter one during both Forge Seasons (Season 1 played frequently, Season 2 not so much)

19 hours ago, Darkmight said:

I played Gorge a fair amount, and i think never encountered a Wes there either.
Neither did i encounter one during both Forge Seasons (Season 1 played frequently, Season 2 not so much)

Wes was pretty common in season 1 forge because there were only 2 "runner" characters. I wasn't here for season 2 so I have no say in that regard.

Archived