Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Viktor234

[Poll] 2019 Update review

Updates 2019  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these 2019 updates did you enjoy?

• 24. January: Year of the Pig King (Introduction of Golden Belt & Contenders Round 1)
    • 7. March: Winona Update & New Skin Drop System
    • 28. March: Introduction of Wortox
    • 7. May: Willow Update
    • 6. June: Introduction of Wormwood
    • 25. July: Introduction of Warly & New Crock Pot Dishes, New Vegetables
    • 15. August: Turn of Tides (Introduction of Moon & Boat Mechanics)
    • 12. September: Woodie Update
    • 3. October: Salty Dog (Salt Crystals & Malbatross)
    • 24. October: Introduction of Wurt & Hallowed Nights 2019
    • 21. November: Reintroduction of Golden Belt & Contenders Round 2
    • 12. December: Hook, Line and Inker & Winter's Feast 2019 (Sea Fishing Mechanics & Winter's Feast feasting mechanics)
  2. 2. What was your favourite 2019 update?

• 24. January: Year of the Pig King (Introduction of Golden Belt & Contenders Round 1)
    • 7. March: Winona Update & New Skin Drop System
    • 28. March: Introduction of Wortox
    • 7. May: Willow Update
    • 6. June: Introduction of Wormwood
    • 25. July: Introduction of Warly & New Crock Pot Dishes, New Vegetables
    • 15. August: Turn of Tides (Introduction of Moon & Boat Mechanics)
    • 12. September: Woodie Update
    • 3. October: Salty Dog (Salt Crystals & Malbatross)
    • 24. October: Introduction of Wurt & Hallowed Nights 2019
    • 21. November: Reintroduction of Golden Belt & Contenders Round 2
    • 12. December: Hook, Line and Inker & Winter's Feast 2019 (Sea Fishing Mechanics & Winter's Feast feasting mechanics)

Viktor234    3422

2019 had a total of 12 updates, some of them introduced more content, others less content. I'd like to ask you which of these updates you actually enjoyed and which one you enjoyed the most this year.

A small overview of the updates released in 2019:

24. January: Year of the Pig King (Introduction of Golden Belt & Contenders Round 1)
(42 days) 7. March: Winona Update & New Skin Drop System
(21 days) 28. March: Introduction of Wortox
(40 days) 7. May: Willow Update
(30 days) 6. June: Introduction of Wormwood
(49 days) 25. July: Introduction of Warly & New Crock Pot Dishes, New Vegetables
(21 days) 15. August: Turn of Tides (Introduction of Moon: Carrats, Saladmanders, Anenemies, Stone Fruits, Moon Glass Tools, etc. & Boat Mechanics)
(28 days) 12. September: Woodie Update
(21 days) 3. October: Salty Dog (Salt Crystals & Malbatross)
(21 days) 24. October: Introduction of Wurt & Hallowed Nights 2019
(28 days) 21. November: Reintroduction of Golden Belt & Contenders Round 2
(21 days) 12. December: Hook, Line and Inker & Winter's Feast 2019 (Sea Fishing Mechanics & Winter's Feast feasting mechanics)

00petar00    154

Turn of tides was the most interesting, i also was considering Woodie update but i thought that overall its better to not pick a character update as favorite update.

Woodie update hits the right spot with how interesting and versatile he became, even though most of us dislike the change to his lore.

Viktor234    3422
1 minute ago, 00petar00 said:

i also was considering Woodie update but i thought that overall its better to not pick a character update as favorite update.

Well, if that character became your new main and if you played DST more during that time, then you can totally select that update as your favourite update. All in all I just want to know how you and the others reacted to these updates.

Parinter    8

Imo adding a Boat mechanic and all the content now about Ocean and Fishes and Lunar Islands was the most interesting this year. And Turn of Tides Update was the initial support for all of these. So I don't wanna say that there is an update more important than the Turn of Tides one.

That was a lot ot work, of content and that could make skeptics people about a Shipwrecked Together happy. And I bet that a lot of updates on the Ocean (and maybe the Lunar Biome) are going to be released next year

El_Farmo    16

I love warly a lot and that was my favorite update, but if the lunar island was bigger and had more bosses / challenges on it it'd be my favorite update. We also need islands with other things to do so theres more than two reasons to go sailing, lunar island and salt boxes.

Sunset Skye    8162

All of the updates this year have been amazing, but Winter's Feast has to be my favorite. I know some people aren't a fan of the limited time content that events bring, but I love them as they always push me towards content I'd otherwise never touch. This Winter's Feast pushed me to kill Misery Toadstool with some friends, fight the Malbatross, farm sand sculptures from the Antlion, and make a stone fruit farm, all things that I hadn't done once in the time they've been available. This is in addition to the new Winter's Feast content, like Gingerbread Pigs and their houses/dogs, which imo feel like a perfect mechanic to hyperfocus on for a few weeks.

X-lem    360

March: Winona Update & New Skin Drop System

I enjoyed the drop update, but was underwealmed with the Winona update.

I said yes to everything else except for the pig king event refresh only because I have not tried it yet.

Lunar island was by far the coolest update.

CameoAppearance    1646

The Winona update didn't really win me over to playing her but I still liked it overall; she had a good short with a lot of lore, and I liked the skin system overhaul. Favourite update was Wortox, who's my new main, or at least one of my mains. I enjoyed most of the updates to various degrees, except for Salty Dog/Malbatross which I mostly just liked the trailer of since I have yet to encounter the Malbatross and have only harvested salt once after other players did all the work of locating it, and the return of Pig King wrestling which I barely noticed was happening except for the new skins. (I had a good time with the initial Year of the Pig King event, though.)

It started so slowly in spring, but now I feel like they're bumping the updates so fast I can't play enough until the next one comes, and I don't even feel like they rushed on the content. Turn of Tides was the one that caused a hype overload to me, though my favourite RoT update was Hook, Line and Inker. Favourite 2019 update? Warly rework. They didn't just bring my favourite character to DST, they reworked him on a really good way, they added new vegetables, crock pot dishes... And I still remember how did I almost explode when I saw Warly in the update post back in May. Sadly, a whole month passed after the release to the point I could actually play him.

(Sorry, I'm tired and my English is likely off.)

Rinkusan    737

I'm a huge fan of the turn of tides event. Aside from the fact that the content itself was engaging gameplay-wise and story-wise, it checked the biggest mark on a game principle I wish every developer would follow: adding new things to the game WITHOUT deleting the old. It's one of my pet peeves for game developers to introduce an update that adds new content (good or bad) but scraps most if not all of the old content that made the previous version of the game fun. 

Ezaroth    1127

The first Turn of Tides was the best because it had the most new contents. The updates afterwards felt so puny even though they said the water mechanics took the most work so the next updates will be even bigger.

SinancoTheBest    1618

Enjoyed all the updates in 2019, not a single one was dissapointing or underwhelming imo. Favorite ones though? I'd probably rank Turn Of Tides, Warly and Hook Line & Inker as my top three; new ocean and seafaring mechanics are just too awesome for me, it completely changes the game; Warly is both one of my favorite characters and someone I really wanted to be in DST despite having so little actual expectations of that occuring and oh boy he delivered a lot to the game with an awesome rework and new farming and cullinary content for everyone; sea fishing is also a great addition and switches up your playstyle a bit, and the fishing content has this sophistication level that I want to see in all subsequent updates.

AnitaCoffee    570

I pretty much voted for everything but round 2 of the contender's event because I didn't really take part in it. While it's hard to choose my favorite update, it has to be moon island & boats. So much fun. So much death.