Normal Player's attack frequency (with weapons such as an Axe)

Hi everyone, I just want to know (cuz I didn't find it) what is the basic normal player's attack frequency with a Spear, or any Tools that can be grabbed ? By Frequency I mean how many time we hit (normally without buff or debuff) in 1 Second (that can be 0,40 or 2,3..).

Simple question but we know the attack period of most mobs but I personally don't know the rate for a Player, does anyone know ? It can also be how long between 2 hits instead of how many hit in 1 second.

Thank you in advance :D

And happy New Year soon !

Okay thank you mate i'll take it since no one else answered, it will help me calculate stuff ! Hoping that's the right answer and so everything else will be.

If someone has a more precise or found something else, tell me, I will really appreciate that ;)

Happy New Year !

I've always noticed an oddity with this mechanic in DST.

in singleplayer DS it seems a consistant 2 hits per second(hit every 0.5 sec)

but in DST sometimes your attack animation just randomly speeds up. Like against Dragonfly for example, I've found that sometimes when my attack animation randomly goes faster I could get 7 hits and still dodge when normally it's 6 then dodge.

Surely I can't be the only one experiencing this.

11 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

but in DST sometimes your attack animation just randomly speeds up. Like against Dragonfly for example, I've found that sometimes when my attack animation randomly goes faster I could get 7 hits and still dodge when normally it's 6 then dodge.

I think that's just lag, or a compensatory measure for lag? It happens to me a lot less when I'm the host.

According to the wiki, the delay between two attacks is about 0.433 seconds, so you should strike about 30 times every 13 seconds.
The Weremoose on the other hand has a delay of 0.5 seconds between two attacks, which means that he strikes only 26 times every 13 seconds and thus deals ~13.33% less damage.

4 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

According to the wiki, the delay between two attacks is about 0.433 seconds, so you should strike about 30 times every 13 seconds.
The Weremoose on the other hand has a delay of 0.5 seconds between two attacks, which means that he strikes only 26 times every 13 seconds and thus deals ~13.33% less damage.

What about mounted beefalo? I’m pretty sure they attack slower as well.

On 12/31/2019 at 3:19 PM, Terra M Welch said:

I've never noticed or experienced this in my life, it may be your client catching up with the server by speeding things up a bit? The game speeds through events if you're lagging behind.

31 minutes ago, Canis said:

I've never noticed or experienced this in my life, it may be your client catching up with the server by speeding things up a bit? The game speeds through events if you're lagging behind.

Dunno.

I know it happened to Don Gianni back in their webber all bosses run.

Archived