[Poll] On DST 2019 (and a Happy New Year, Everyone!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :D  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Was 2019 a successful year for DST?

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not EVERY suggestion people have been making is to make the game easier,

Yeah, I didn’t say they all were. There has always been some tension between players who are mostly interested in the survival element and don’t care much about the sandbox element, and vice versa. Of course being more able to customize the difficulty of the game is a good idea, but that’s a far cry from 20-page topics on how characters should be changed or some random incredibly detailed, high-handed review of every aspect of an update with exhaustive proclamations on how Klei ought to do it instead. That stuff is boring.

16 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Yeah, I didn’t say they all were. There has always been some tension between players who are mostly interested in the survival element and don’t care much about the sandbox element, and vice versa. Of course being more able to customize the difficulty of the game is a good idea, but that’s a far cry from 20-page topics on how characters should be changed or some random incredibly detailed, high-handed review of every aspect of an update with exhaustive proclamations on how Klei ought to do it instead. That stuff is boring.

I agree we don’t need a step by step player analogy of what’s right and wrong with every item in the game, but- Player feedback on Reworks isn’t always a Bad thing Either, keep in mind that it’s only through Feedback that Woodies Gooseform Can now fly over water.

When it comes to my favorite characters like Wendy- if rather Klei get the majority of what fans are wanting out of her and go from that instead of idk.. Randomly letting her Mutate into a giant Moose during full moons.

Jabs at Woodie aside- I love the Canadians Rework and I’m discovering new uses for him, but you’d be lying through your teeth if you can sit here and say that you expected him to get some new unique Transformations when it came to his Rework.

WES on the other hand needs an entirely new Gimmick- Make him fun and a unique character to play.

and instead: Provide a “Way of The Wes” Difficulty option which does the following: Allows you to pick ANY character in the game but gives them Wes health stats and damage, disabling all their unique abilities and Audio Cues, This would turn even WURT into current WES.

and opens up Klei the opportunity to make Wes yet another truly unique and fun character to play as.

I'd say that this was definitely a successful year, for reworks + characters, yes, but    especially    return of them. I know that  RoT isn't complete just yet, but I've thoroughly enjoyed most of return of them, as well as turn of tides thus    far. I'm very excited to see what is added this year, and while schedules had to be changed, it was completely understandable as to why they were. quality over quan tity, and all that.    I think my favorite character rework  so far  has been Willow. For me it set the bar for what a good rework should be in all aspects,  not just in gameplay(i'm still going nuts about her short lol).  I was also very happy to see Warly added   to the group as well.  I think the one thing i didn't really like are some of the boat mechanics in Turn of Tides, but it's not finished yet, so we'll have to wait and see what happens. 

yea thats pretty much it. happy new year, fellas!

Happy New Years! :wilson_flower:

I think the obvious answer is yes! Klei was quite successful in general it seems. Only wish Oxygen Not Included had won in the final Steam awards today. They deserved it! And on DST, with my favorite game, they released sooo much content. Def enough to keep me interested but not feel swamped. Looking forward for what's to come this year. 

Archived