Scroony    4

unknown.png?width=1190&height=669I've tried everything, from uninstalling to disabling certain dlc and i have no idea how to resolve this. This error appears on start-up meaning i cannot play the game at all. Please help.

JanH    6,835

Unfortunately it looks your game's profile data file has somehow been corrupted and is causing the crash. Sadly things could have been corrupted if the game was closed or exited while it was in the middle of saving your progress. (Not recommended)

Sadly the only troubleshooting step you can do at this point is to go into your Steam save folder for Don't Starve and deleting the "Profile" file. Please note that deleting your profile file will resolve the corruption issue for your game's profile; unfortunately this also resets your unlocked characters.

To resolve this issue, there are a couple of steps:

1) Disable Steam Cloud for Don't Starve - On your game library right-click Don't Starve and choose Properties > Click on the UPDATES Tab > Uncheck the "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Don't Starve" option

2) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\{Your Steam ID}\219740\remote\ and delete that "Profile" file. Once you are sure that the profile file has been deleted, launch Don't Starve as it will create a new profile file.

3) Exit the game and re-enable Steam Cloud for Don't Starve by following Step 1, but putting a check mark on "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Don't Starve" option.

4) Launch Don't Starve once more and choose LOCAL FILES [UPLOAD TO THE STEAM CLOUD] option. This will copy the new profile file and overwrite the corrupted file in your Steam Cloud folder.

If you would like to re-unlock your previously unlocked characters, there are console commands that will allow you to do so.

• Thanks 1