Short Evolution of the Constants design. (Is the constant really such a bad place?)

21 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

This is only true if you leave out every trailer that isn't a character reveal. The other Hamlet trailers all have Wilson getting tormented and sometimes dying onscreen, the Turn of Tides trailer has a very similar tone to older trailers and ends with Wilson and Winona being knocked unconscious right as horror hounds and moonrock pengulls appear, the Hook Line & Inker trailer has Wilson get attacked by skittersquids and then shows the Gingerbread Pigs being chased by a Gingerbread Varg that literally intends to eat them alive, etc.

There's not this clear divide of pre and post-Hamlet reveal where suddenly all the dark humor disappears, there's just sometimes a lighter tone when it matches the content being shown off (like a playful Imp or a canadian shapeshifter). Wurt's trailer is a weird example here too, considering that it has two kids and an old lady die as part of a joke. No really they get absolutely shredded alive by a tentacle. There's also copious amounts of spider death, which Wurt is completely unphased by because the joke there is that the swamp is always full of things dying so Wurt isn't even bothered by it.

The only case of a trailer (released after Winona's) having the old artstyle and tone is the launch trailer for Hamlet which might have been made before the change or could had been his last one for all that i know, the rest have all been cartoony and colorful (with the exception of Warly's which is a pixar-disneyesque fells-bait) and the fact that Woddie's was like that makes me think that the old Tim Burton style is gone.

There has been a clear change of staff or vision in Klei's team, Wortox was changed from evil demon lord to friendly prankster, they removed Warbucks and WX/Wendy look moe recently.

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Meh.. I guess? Even though it’s 2020 and the world is now incredibly sensitive to literally EVERYTHING-  

But.. Your also forgetting that Charlie was very much in love with Maxwell- which means she probably likes a lot of the things he created when he took over the Throne.

Charlie isn’t 100% fully evil you know? We see her struggling with herself to decide rather she wants to hurt or to help Wilson- Which leads me to believe that CHARLIE Unlike Maxwell- Had atleast SOME control over the Shadows that are wanting her to do bad things, For example: She allows Winona to live through one free hit in Darkness, Showing that she’s still struggling NOT to kill her Sister.

Theres Also a WintersFeast Item that when Maxwell examines his Quote for it is- “She Remembered this was my Favorite..” Implying that CHARLIE add this item into the Constant just for him.

If Charlie is supposed to be the biggest lore point in DST- it seems that Klei is going out of their way to show us Charlie (to some Degree) can take Control over the Shadows that are trying to Manipulate Her..

I defiantly do not see Charlie as the main Bad Guy.. I sense that “Them” are going to want their Throne back- And Charlie May very well be the only thing keeping “Them” from fully taking over.

But as dark and grim as the lore behind DS is I would not be shocked at all if Charlie had to sacrifice her own life and permanently die so that Everyone else can escape. :( 

It would be a sad ending for sure- But I simply can’t see Charlie as being this pure evil lady who wants us dead.

First of all, Winona's quote when she dodges Charlie's hit was "Hah! I know all your moves!". Of course you can say that Charlie held back her power at the first strike but she didn't hold back for Maxwell, did she?

So your theory is based on thr fact that "Them" are the shadows. Then who are the light? The moon? Are they "Them" as well?

Archived