Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

Well there's always room for improvement, why not make him SS tier?

True, there's always room for improvement. But I think we should improve some of the weaker characters like Wickerbottom and Wolfgang before we mess with an overpowered Isekai protagonist like Wes.

Just now, SinancoTheBest said:

Well there's always room for improvement, why not make him SS tier?

Seriously though- I am hoping for a full blown Wes Rework- I get that he was originally designed to be the “Hardcore” character choice for single player Don’t Starve, but it just makes his overall character in DST boring.

The reason I say this is that I feel every character should be completely unique and fun to play as with special skills and traits as has been seen with all the Reworks so far.

And Any Character In the entire game could become Current Wes by simply adding a “Hard” option when selecting your character- which would disable all of that characters traits, stats, special skills, Audio Cues, unique crafting recipes, and give them the same health or less than current Wes. If they did things this way even WURT, WORTOX, and WORMWOOD would basically become current WES.

40 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Seriously though- I am hoping for a full blown Wes Rework- I get that he was originally designed to be the “Hardcore” character choice for single player Don’t Starve, but it just makes his overall character in DST boring.

The reason I say this is that I feel every character should be completely unique and fun to play as with special skills and traits as has been seen with all the Reworks so far.

And Any Character In the entire game could become Current Wes by simply adding a “Hard” option when selecting your character- which would disable all of that characters traits, stats, special skills, Audio Cues, unique crafting recipes, and give them the same health or less than current Wes. If they did things this way even WURT, WORTOX, and WORMWOOD would basically become current WES.

Ideally, I would like Wes to remain largely the same, but be a pure support for other players, making balloon animals, toys, some inspiring pantomimes or something.

That way he would remain the same for single play, and not be a waste of space in multiplayer.

Archived