Bug Submission

Please choose a category

Sound

Platform

Steam

Do you use mods?

No

Version Number

387834? I installed the game on the 27th of December after the version update on the 23rd of December.

Issue title

Not getting any sound

Steps to reproduce

Go into settings, set Ambient, Sfx, and Music to 10, press Apply, press Accept, go back into settings, and Ambient, Sfx, and Music are all set back at 0.

Describe your issue

From the first time I opened the game, there was no sound at all. Any time that I try to change the volume settings, they get reset back to 0 even when I press apply and accept. I have restarted the game, restarted my computer (I'm on Windows 10), and I also tried changing the settings in the actual game files by going to This PC>Documents>Klei>DoNotStarve>settings and scrolling down to [audio] to input the numbers of Ambient, Sfx, and Music to 10. Even when I save the settings here, they don't change anything in game. I've made sure that the account on my PC is an administrator and it is. I've also tried right-clicking on the Steam shortcut on my desktop and selecting "Run as Administrator" and the problem still persists. And I may be dumb, but I'm not dumb enough to forget to unmute my computer, so I know that's not the problem. Is anyone able to help? Thank you for your time!

Hi there, please see our troubleshooting guide for audio issues for steps on how to resolve this: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029881911

Should the issue persist after following the steps in the link above, please ensure that your Windows user profile has complete administrative permissions in order for programs to be able to read/write to your hard drive - from there, try the steps in the link above once more.

And should that fail, set your computer's speaker mode/output to stereo, especially if your your audio drivers are trying to output the game to 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

Archived