Recreation Pack discussed

41 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Well that's different from what we're discussing. 

Old Pre-RP upgrade dupes will be given a random Joy Response, but any new colony made in the current build will have persistent joy responses for each dupe.

That doesn't make any sense.  If meep always has X response, then he should have X response whether he was printed before RP or not.

Just now, psusi said:

That doesn't make any sense.  If meep always has X response, then he should have X response whether he was printed before RP or not.

Here's the thing though, they try to make things apply retroactively as best they can. When they don't do it, it means it would probably cause something to go horribly wrong in old saves. And trying to apply anything retroactively to dupes is a whole other can of worms. 

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Here's the thing though, they try to make things apply retroactively as best they can. When they don't do it, it means it would probably cause something to go horribly wrong in old saves. And trying to apply anything retroactively to dupes is a whole other can of worms. 

What I'm saying is that if it is fixed based on the dupe's template, then there isn't anything that needs applied retroactively.  A meep is a meep, whether they are from an old save or not.  Unless it is actually an attribute of the printed dupe and they just decided not to randomize it for some reason.  But why would you program it that way?  And then why would you assign random ones on upgrade instead of the fixed table?  It's downright goofy.

1 minute ago, psusi said:

What I'm saying is that if it is fixed based on the dupe's template, then there isn't anything that needs applied retroactively.  A meep is a meep, whether they are from an old save or not.  Unless it is actually an attribute of the printed dupe and they just decided not to randomize it for some reason.  But why would you program it that way?  And then why would you assign random ones on upgrade instead of the fixed table?  It's downright goofy.

AFAIK, the set Joy reactions were made after that update, and were all random for a time.

Here is the complete list for all the initial dupes. Special dupes (Meep, Liam, Banhi...) are missing.

The OP crew (best joy response):

Meep - Destructive/Sparkle Streaker

Turner - Binge Eater/Sparkle Streaker

Hassan - Ugly Crier/Sparkle Streaker

Jean - Destructive/Sparkle Streaker

Marie - Ugly Crier/Sparkle Streaker

Ashkan - Binge Eater/Sparkle Streaker

Frankie - Destructive/Sparkle Streaker

Leira -Binge Eater/Sparkle Streaker

Gossman - Vomiter/Sparkle Streaker

Nice crew (good joy response):

Catalina - Vomiter/Super Productive

Banhi - Destructive/Super Productive

Liam - Vomiter/SuperProductive

Mae - Vomiter/Super Productive

Devon - Binge Eater/Super Productive

Mi-Ma - Vomiter/Super Productive

Nisbet - Destructive/Super Productive

Nikola - Destructive/Super Productive

Could've been a nice crew (good joy response but not triggering properly):

Abe - Ugly Crier/Balloon Artist

Ada - Vomiter/Balloon Artist

Otto - Vomiter/Balloon Artist

Stinky - Vomiter/Balloon Artist

Max - Ugly Crier/Balloon Artist

Travaldo - Vomiter/Balloon Artist

Nails - Ugly Crier/Balloon Artist

Ren - Vomiter/Balloon Artist

Harold - Binge Eater/Balloon Artist

Not so good crew (weak joy response and apparently not triggering properly):

Ari - Ugly crier/Sticker Bomber

Rowan - Binge Eater/Sticker Bomber

Ruby - Binge Eater/Sticker Bomber

Bubbles - Binge Eater/Sticker Bomber

Burt - Binge Eater/Sticker Bomber

Lindsay - Ugly Crier/Sticker Bomber

Joshua - Ugly Crier/Sticker Bomber

Ellie - Destructive/Sticker Bomber

Camille - Vomiter/Sticker Bomber

Super productive doesn't feel very useful to me.  It rarely triggers and most things finish in 1-2 seconds anyhow.  I do have some sticker bombs around so that is working and I even have seen a balloon every now and then.

5 hours ago, Junksteel said:

Here is the complete list for all the initial dupes. Special dupes (Meep, Liam, Banhi...) are missing.

So I managed to get around to making that Dupe Chart™... :wilson_sneaky:

5e0e3b78e1217_dupechart2.thumb.png.5faa20577c31ef22f1eaaa93db300e19.png

There are 6 special dupes that won't come up on the initial dupe selection, but with the help of SCIENCE mods I managed to snag them as well. :wilson_goodjob:

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Thanks so much for this. It's adorable to see them all eager and ready for the inevitable torture, agony and endless misery i'll put them through. 

17 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

5e0e3b78e1217_dupechart2.thumb.png.5faa20577c31ef22f1eaaa93db300e19.png

There are 6 special dupes that won't come up on the initial dupe selection, but with the help of SCIENCE mods I managed to snag them as well. :wilson_goodjob:

Good chart.  If you haven't already, that's something that could go on the wiki so more people can find it.

On 1/3/2020 at 2:54 PM, DarkMaster13 said:

Good chart.  If you haven't already, that's something that could go on the wiki so more people can find it.

I wish I knew how to do so on the wiki...

Spoiler

I literally have a thread of HQ clean pictures of stuff and the wiki still uses in game screencaps for a good chunk of their images. :wilson_cry:

Y'all are welcome to do so in my stead y'know? :wilson_sneaky:

Archived