Shadow Pieces trinkets

So the  Marble sculptures setpiece in my world only have the Rook  Statue, me and my friend already explored the entire map(we are on day 203) and we just found only this statue and only the rook horn suspicious marble 

Okay so basically if we want to kill the shadow pieces, we need get the chess pieces trinkets and give it to the pig king and the only way (that i know) to get these pieces is using tumbleweeds(0,1% chance)

I already opened a lot of tumbleweeds in my 853 hours of don't starve together and i just got one chess piece one time using them, is there any easier way to get the sketches without using commands?

2 hours ago, Fredyvictor said:

So the  Marble sculptures setpiece in my world only have the Rook  Statue, me and my friend already explored the entire map(we are on day 203) and we just found only this statue and only the rook horn suspicious marble 

That’s very bad. If you don’t know, you need to successfully assemble a clockwork in order to get the corresponding chess trinket to even start dropping from tumbleweeds. If you didn’t have the others it in the world, it’s actually impossible to get them.

You pretty much have to console spawn the bishop and knight. It sucks, but that’s the only real way.

As for this only occurring with mods, this is actually possible without them. It’s only occurred to my friends and never myself, but they didn’t use any server mods and one of them was on the PS4 edition. It’s extremely rare, but it’s completely possible for a world to generate without those clockworks.

As far as I know you can not get the chess piece trinkets from the tumbleweeds until after the chess piece shadows fight. I think there is supposed to be as many head/nose pieces scattered over the world as there are corresponding statues. Every world should have at least 1 bishop/knight/rook statue and its respective nose/head piece somewhere. They never spawn on the ocean/lunar island.

You'll have to use console commands, the same thing happened to me without any mods active. Not sure if it is possible to find the chesspieces through tumbleweeds when this happens, even if it is possible, it's kinda unfair having to cry for the tumbleweed gods when the world generation robbed you anyway.

3 hours ago, Parusoid said:

since when?

I think it was with the Winters Feast update just a few weeks back.  Yeah, backpacks no longer spoil.  They said they are going to use the spoiled backpack skin in some way though... so if you like that skin its not gone forever.

Wierd, you should find all 3 statues somewhere. You won't be able to find the trinkets in the tumbleweeds before you unlock their respective blueprints, you'll probably only find the rook.

I remember wasting hundreds of days opening tumbleweeds a long time ago thinking the same thing, in one of my ps4 worlds where i didn't find a suspicious marble. So my suggestion, if you can't spawn it somehow via console, and if you are certain you ve exploired the whole map, then regen and make sure u find the pieces before you invest too much in the world.

Archived