Rocket stuff is so buggy!

I'm surprised this hasn't be bug fixed already by now

Alot of the bugs for rockets has been in the game before launch.  And still there.

Graphics glitch.

Rockets name not appearing on the scanners.   

Rocket "landing" save game just lingers in the corner of notification.

Anybody else experience tons of bugs related to rockets?

Yeah, it's like Klei never really tested it properly.

• Oxylite deliveries fail to limit their amount, resulting in dupes loading and unloading the tank over and over
  • Astronauts randomly get lazy and don't want to go on a mission
  • Sightseeing modules don't really do anything other than just holding the dupe and resetting their stress/morale/etc.
  • Rockets creating undiggable regolith/carbon
  • Remaining mass math is broken

The design part is honestly even worse than actual bugs:

• Can't plan out rocket, have to place it part by part as it is built
  • Negative QoL from gantry micromanagement
  • Negative QoL from rocket using scanners instead of timers
  • Planet balance is bonkers
  • Rare material balance is bonkers. Abyssalite in rares? really? I have half a kiloton of it on the asteroid and nothing to do with it.
  • Common material balance is bonkers. Why would anyone ever harvest liquid or gas?
  • Moo balance is bonkers. It doesn't even breed.
  • Having to place a telescope to use the starmap. It can be underground.
  • Having to do math on fuel manually. Why is https://oni-assistant.com/tools/rocketcalculator not a part of the game's functionality?

18 hours ago, paranoid945 said:

Fixing bug won't attract new players and new income for the company. even you played the game for a thousand hour, you wont bring new money for Klei.

image.png.7b82e91ddf12b72bda695348e641df81.png

in this case, why not pour millions into ads but make the game a literal picture of **** which after an hour changes into a picture of the middle finger?

Klei is not EA and its not Blizzard. If they dont make good products they will be swallowed in the market like countless other game companies. Having a portfolio of 'overwhelmingly positive' has its own economical value.

Also, as hard to imagine in the money driven world we live in, I (and I think most of the people here) want to believe that the devs actually care and want to make a better game.

Hopefully Klei will fix them someday, just not today, may be the day when they fix it.

btw, it seems the undiggable regolith is fixed? It does not happen to me recently. (I am not sure how to reproduce it). The planet balancing seems improved after last updates.

23 minutes ago, Dosephshih said:

btw, it seems the undiggable regolith is fixed? It does not happen to me recently.

Same here. Didn't see it anymore. Even if I cannot remember a patch note including this fix.

3 hours ago, OxCD said:

Same here. Didn't see it anymore. Even if I cannot remember a patch note including this fix.

I can personally confirm it is still there, had it a couple a of times. As it was said before, I think/hope there will be a patch about space since a lot about it simply IS unfinished work.

20 hours ago, paranoid945 said:

Fixing bug won't attract new players and new income for the company. even you played the game for a thousand hour, you wont bring new money for Klei.

But it will impact your buying of anything else they make.

There's a reason unfixed buggy glitch fests usually result in the bankruptcy of a game company.

Nobody wants to support developers who can't shoot out a somewhat stable game that can run without setting your house cat on fire.

6 hours ago, meepmoop said:

Also, as hard to imagine in the money driven world we live in, I (and I think most of the people here) want to believe that the devs actually care and want to make a better game.

It also helps that they're a Indie company built on morals and a very strict ban on crunch. They treats their employees like people instead of a revolving door of coding canon fodder. It's ideals like those that both create a prospering developing environment that leads to good games garnering positive reviews.

6 hours ago, meepmoop said:

If they dont make good products they will be swallowed in the market like countless other game companies.

IIRC aren't they in a "gang war" with another Indie dev company literally across the street from their studio?

jooshthonk.thumb.png.f5b345e863e51680bbc84573e0b16523.png

Compare this game to factorio and rimworld, I think the other two game are for hardcore player, ONI like dont starve, was planned to for normal player, however the game mechanism is a little bit hardcore, so some players played for 10 hours feel this game too hard, and quit, and some players played for thousands of hours feel this game too laggy and buggy.

and other issue is this game is build upon Unity game engine, so it could make a game more quick but very hard to control the game performance, and other optimization because you cant get fast and good at the same time, so maybe in the future  there maybe a game company build their own game engine like rimworld or factorio and re-design the ONI, so it can completely aim for hardcore players. of course that would be very risky because you could get no money at the end.

7 hours ago, paranoid945 said:

Compare this game to factorio and rimworld, I think the other two game are for hardcore player, ONI like dont starve, was planned to for normal player, however the game mechanism is a little bit hardcore, so some players played for 10 hours feel this game too hard, and quit, and some players played for thousands of hours feel this game too laggy and buggy.

and other issue is this game is build upon Unity game engine, so it could make a game more quick but very hard to control the game performance, and other optimization because you cant get fast and good at the same time, so maybe in the future  there maybe a game company build their own game engine like rimworld or factorio and re-design the ONI, so it can completely aim for hardcore players. of course that would be very risky because you could get no money at the end.

oni did puzzle me as to who the target audience is. game feels both casual and hard.

I never needed any tutorials or 30 minute videos in youtube to do something in factorio or rimworld or prison architect.

So Im not sure I can say oni is casual (while factorio isnt).

How old most of the people here anyway? early to mid 20's? teens?

4 hours ago, meepmoop said:

How old most of the people here anyway? early to mid 20's? teens?

For everyone information, here's a survey we've taken few months ago on the French Discord.
Of course, it doesn't mean the ratio is the same from ererywhere on earth, but it could give a rough idea.

Over 95 voters. (no option for below 11y'o, no one for above 51y'o)

Between 11 & 15 : 6
Between 16 & 20 : 22
Between 21 & 25 : 16
Between 26 & 30 : 24
Between 31 & 35 : 14
Between 36 & 40 : 10
Between 41 & 45 : 1
Between 46 & 50 : 2

As it is nearly 100 voters, you can almost consider this as a percent result (numbers will not vary for more than 1%).

3 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

What studio is this? Enquiring minds need to know.

@nome you seem to be occasionally popping your head on here...do you know? Cuz I can't remember. :wilson_curious:

4 hours ago, OxCD said:

Over 95 voters. (no option for below 11y'o, no one for above 51y'o)

Between 11 & 15 : 6
Between 16 & 20 : 22
Between 21 & 25 : 16
Between 26 & 30 : 24
Between 31 & 35 : 14
Between 36 & 40 : 10
Between 41 & 45 : 1
Between 46 & 50 : 2

That's basically the entirety of the gaming demographic in a nutshell, regardless of where in the world you are.

Of course that's going to change the more the previously young gamers age and the old boomers die out.

Spoiler

Bloimy that's dark.

5e017e584c66f_ezgif.com-resize(1).png.77bd9e52adb617187d58f2482f5ff7d9.png

23 hours ago, Dosephshih said:

Hopefully Klei will fix them someday, just not today, may be the day when they fix it.

btw, it seems the undiggable regolith is fixed? It does not happen to me recently. (I am not sure how to reproduce it). The planet balancing seems improved after last updates.

Nope.  Had one the other day.   Digging infinitely. And then I reloaded.      I made steel doors for my Rickey base with an automation open and close just so stuff that falls from the rocket and debris can fall through it. 

On 12/23/2019 at 9:51 AM, Gurgel said:

To be fair, these are pretty minor issues.

Not minor.   Too many saves and reload to fix things.   There is quite a long list of bugs associated with rockets.     Especially when deconstructing and rebuilding or changing out parts   you get the name of the rocket  disappearing or renaming by itself and the scanner ends up defaulting to meteor and opens up the launch doors during showers.    I've also had black hole crashes.    Can't figure out what it's related to but something rocket no doubt. Since that's the only thing I've been messing around with. 

I guess the thinking is that only 1% of players get to the point where they experience those bugs. Like in ONi the devs have priorities on fixing stuff and building new things. The rocket stuff sits there at priority 4 while the other stuff gets worked on. Lets hope they put it on at least on 5 before the dlc gets bumped up to 9.

I'm finding this game has too many bugs for my enjoyment.  This latest patch added a heat multiplying bug where previously it delete'd heat, that blew out all my volcano tamers.  Seriously, how hard is it to just average out the heat when combining molten material with its solid counterpart?

At this point in the game I think it'd take me less time to go into the dll and fix the bug than fix my volcano tamers...

10 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I guess the thinking is that only 1% of players get to the point where they experience those bugs. Like in ONi the devs have priorities on fixing stuff and building new things. The rocket stuff sits there at priority 4 while the other stuff gets worked on. Lets hope they put it on at least on 5 before the dlc gets bumped up to 9.

Yea   the rocket stuff is very late game and most players don't survive long enough to get to it.  I guess that's why they probably just released it and plan to deal with it later.     Let's hoping they are actually working on fixing things now.    

• Developer
On 24/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, watermelen671 said:

@nome you seem to be occasionally popping your head on here...do you know? Cuz I can't remember. :wilson_curious:

On 24/12/2019 at 8:48 AM, OxCD said:

I'm afraid even I can't keep track of _every_ ridiculous lie we make up for you guys. :) 

• Developer
15 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Well if you're hiring for that position... :wilson_sneaky:

And threaten my job security??? :p

15 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

So there isn't another dev studio across the street from you? :wilson_curious:

There are lots in our neighbourhood. It's a popular area of the city for tech companies. 

Archived