Sign in to follow this  
Chubbylicious

Does the lantern need a new skin/should Klei let us obtain the Winter's Feast one?

Does the lantern need a new skin/should Klei let us obtain the Winter's Feast one?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more skins for the lantern/the cameback of the previous winter feast lantern skin?

• I wold love both!
    • Nah, I think that what we have is already good
    • I would love a new skin, but without bringing the Winter's Feast lantern back
    • Tha lantern don't need a new skin, but having a way of obtaining the event exclusive skin would be nice!

A simple poll just to know if more people wants a skin for the lantern and if it would be enough of the playerbase to make one enter into production. (Sorry for my terrible english, it's not my native language)

• Like 1

00petar00    135

Seriously i think they should work on klei rewards program and introduce skins that they gave away like that, the loyal skins, even though i have all of them i'd want for others to have a chance if they missed them, especially the bottomless firepit that was from the beta if i remember.

More skins for lanterns would be good but i'd prefer one for walking cane or beebox, these are often used yet there's almost no skins for them.There's one for walking cane from the metheus puzzle that i still haven't finished, now that i think about it i should think of doing it.

I also don't see why we get another beefalo hat skin instead of something else when there's already a skin for it. The klaus cap also looks a bit weird with the lock on it when you put it on.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 4

00petar00    135
16 minutes ago, Mrklli said:

There's actually 3 skins for walking cane right now. The one from the metheus puzzle, victorian skin from the gorge and candy cane skin from the merrymaker set. I too would really like to get a beebox skin, but I get why we got the Klaus Cap. It fits much better on the Winter's Feast theme than any christmasy-looking beebox I can think of. Still, maybe Klei could have made a skin for some other item instead...

I would love to get more different lantern skins. It's one of the most used items in dst and it has so much potential for creative and fun new skins. The lantern skin you use is a really prominent way to display your fashion choices and imo there needs to be more skins so you can actually make a choice. It shouldn't be just for the lucky ones who got the loyal winter skin or for those who want to pay money for the funko pop skin. There should also be weavable options.

I don't think Klei should just give away limited time skins. It would take away the whole point of being limited time, and the skins would be less special. But there still should be a way to get those skins if you're late, and I think the rewards system would be perfect for that. I really hope it gets more updates soon and also past loyal skins in addition to the Twitch drops.

I feel like i'd be more okay with Klaus cap if i actually liked it but the lock goes over one eye when you put it on so i don't like it very much.

Walking cane i think only Goatshead Cane is actually really good the other one is winter theme and the metheus one is okay but nothing special. I think we need one more that is as good as Goatshead Cane. But i do understand that there are many other items or buildings that really would be great if they get a skin.

Lantern is also not a bad idea as i said earlier that it would be a good option.

How would it not devalue the loyal skins if there was an option to get those skins if you are late? that seems contradictory. I never said that they should give it for free but it all depends on how rewards system works and how you will  be able to obtain points for it.

My suggestion is that it should be based on twitch same as the drops but it should be disabled for you while you are getting twitch drops, as soon as you get the twitch drops it should start giving points.

• Like 1

Mike23Ua    2,935

I’m hoping when I log into the game tomorrow on Christmas Day that I can get the Wintersfeast Lantern.

thats how it was obtained originally right??? Logging into the game ON Christmas Day, I missed it the first time it was up. 

• Like 1

POWD3d4    180
24 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m hoping when I log into the game tomorrow on Christmas Day that I can get the Wintersfeast Lantern.

thats how it was obtained originally right??? Logging into the game ON Christmas Day, I missed it the first time it was up. 

Winter's Feast Lantern was given entry for players during the Winter's Feast event. Not during christmas

Edited by POWD3d4
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Shosuko    913

I always want more skins - so yes, more skins.

I don't care if they release limited skins again.  If they do that's great, if they don't - sorry to ppl who missed them.  I've missed some too.

But more skins is always better!!  I'm loving the new content so I'll happily buy more skins!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

CameoAppearance    1,537

I didn't actually know the winter lantern skin was a one-time thing; I assumed it was just seasonal. I already have it, so obviously I wouldn't have seen whether it dropped again this winter.

Something similar to the Telltale Heart Valentine's Day skins might be nice, where different years have different skins but they all have the same theme and visual effects.

• Like 1

On 25/12/2019 at 12:37 AM, CameoAppearance said:

I didn't actually know the winter lantern skin was a one-time thing; I assumed it was just seasonal. I already have it, so obviously I wouldn't have seen whether it dropped again this winter.

Something similar to the Telltale Heart Valentine's Day skins might be nice, where different years have different skins but they all have the same theme and visual effects.

My guy, you just predicted the future! We have just received another telltale heart skin this year that also follows the tematic. I haven't used it enough to say something about the effects, just wanted to say that if you have though on some numbers... I would love to use them in the lotery! ;D

luv    45

I want all skins. In seriousness though, loyal skins could be dripfed with rewards or some other system. I honestly think the only out of in-game bounds skins should be the shop ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlrus98    1,009

Here's to hoping the new Wendy update comes out with a spooky lantern skin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike23Ua    2,935

Considering the fact that you can NOT Buy, Sell or Trade skins or Belongings between other players on Consoles then a Skins Rarity Value only determines how many spools you get out of it should you choose to unravel it.

Therefore- Any and all skins should be obtainable (at least on Xbox and PS4) Because there’s no such thing as a Steam Market place, and you can not make profit off selling skins.

It seems Klei is also aware of this though- Because when a character gets their Refresh it’s been the death of their over priced Steam skins. 

Good.. Good Riddance to that.