Rock Lobster Relocation

I typically use rock lobsters to set up a spider farm in the caves.  I always wall them in as they perpetually attempt to return to their home biomes.  I heard somewhere that if you befriend them with stones and walk slowly, so that they never teleport, that when the friendliness wears off they will relocate to that new area.  However when I finally tried this it didn't work.

Is there a way to relocate rock lobsters so that they simply live in that area without needing to be walled in?

I believe they are similar to volt goats. They have a group of 6 and a leader for the group that they will try and return to. Or it’s similar to volt goats and it’s their spawn area they return to. I usually try to move a herd very very slowly. Feeding all 6 and making them follow me. I stop almost every single screen and make sure they aren’t trying to return. You have to change their spawn area again and again as you walk and they follow. 

I always end up going too fast cause it's so tedious and boring. 

See this could be a nice little perk for the never to be implemented Winnie the shepperd character ; easy relocalization of all herds. She could befriend volt goats and Koelefants. Why not even pacify enemies like hounds, frogs, ewecus and dept worms :o 

okay too far lol

4 hours ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

I believe they are similar to volt goats. They have a group of 6 and a leader for the group that they will try and return to. Or it’s similar to volt goats and it’s their spawn area they return to. I usually try to move a herd very very slowly. Feeding all 6 and making them follow me. I stop almost every single screen and make sure they aren’t trying to return. You have to change their spawn area again and again as you walk and they follow. 

Ah, so I need to take the whole pack with me as well as move slowly so they don't teleport.  I was only grabbing 4 of them.  I'll try again.

17 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Ah, so I need to take the whole pack with me as well as move slowly so they don't teleport.  I was only grabbing 4 of them.  I'll try again.

I’m not 100% positive. If the 4 you grabbed, one was the leader, it should still work. As you move screen by screen with them, when you stop moving, you can tell by their behaviour. If they start roaming around the new area as home or if they want to go back to their last one.  I Don’t think I ended up with 6 myself. Maybe only 4-5. 

Just as a follow up - I was able to relocate them successfully.  I'm not sure if I was moving too fast before, or if it was because I only grabbed 4 of them before (not grabbing the leader) but this time I grabbed all 6 and moved about 1 screen at a time, giving them time to catch up completely as I went, and they're working great.  Thx for the tips.

18 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

That might be worth looking into. All I know is that they teleport after you if you get too far away. Having some take residence at you cave base could be more then useful. I am most curious as well how to properly relocate them.

Well my relocation did work - make sure you grab all 6, and don't let them leave the screen while you travel.  Every screen or two walk into the middle of them and make sure they move in any direction, not just between you and their home.  Continue this until you reach your destination and they will just hang out there forever.  I'm probably going to bring another clutch to put where I farm trees so I can have them take out the tree guards for me.

Archived