What Content Do You Guys Like To See After Return Of Them?

For content during RoT, I'd love to see more islands in general. New, completely unique biomes with their own ecosystems. I liked the lunar island and all, but the mobs there weren't anything special, just altered forms of existing foes. They look cool, at least!

Content after? We'll just have to wait and see. :wilson_ecstatic:

For me, more than events inside the constant or making everything harder, I would like for Klei to give any excuse to make us use useless items in some sort of quest or goal within the world, like Ice Staffs being a MUST in a battle or it we won't win, simple as that, just like lazy explorers on the fuelweaver fight. How about buffing the fire staff to AT LEAST make some big fire in a pit fire or an endothermic fire that would either rise or lower your temperature almost immediatly with a single use?

How about using the weather pain for something much more important than living log farming or stone fruit destruction?
How about we put more thought and consideration into the wetness mechanic and the electric weapons that benefit from it?
How about buffing fire damage for mobs for it to be a viable strategy for Willow?

I imagine a boss that uses temperature as a way to inflict damage on us so we could use the fire staff in a fire of our preference to quickly get back to action, or a boss that needs to be frozen up before it slams into the ground making unavoidable damage otherwise. Using the deconstruction staff to destroy structures that buffs a boss. To teleport a boss that will target the base instead of players to a specific location for just being ABLE to beat it with mechanics, since it would be completely impossible to beat them otherwise.  

Ashes, stingers, glommer's wings and Phlegm need to have a constant use, like an ash bag for putting out fires or distracting mobs, crafting bee venom, using phlegm as a glue for any crafting, I do not think we are gonna get the old bell, but there most be something of similar importance for glommer's wings and their flower.

Using actual game mechanics that feel nice, but not great, to do important things, for them to feel necessary in general besides using them to multiply items, save resources or using them just for a single purpose because otherwise they feel like a waste. So even if the boss is a raid boss, at least make them really interesting to fight before making them hard. I would like this to apply to mobs as well in any way.

4 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

I understand why telltale hearts are so easy to craft, and Im fine with small concessions like that being made for the sake of multiplayer actually functioning properly, but the punishments should absolutely be more severe.

Something like a 50% hp loss would be much more acceptable, and is the kind of option I would love to have in a hardcore mode.

I dont mind mechanics becoming easier or being removed (dragonfly and gmoose actually being threats), but not when you dont have the option to turn those features on.

Additionally, simply refusing to interact with items that make the game easier doesnt feel like a fair way to try and make the game more difficult, you cant force players to do the same in a multiplayer environment.

And for world gen settings, there are no dedicated servers that support a much more hard generation, pretty much just solo play.

There are some toggle options to turn on/off whatever you want before hosting a world, I’m on the Xbox man- we don’t have actual 24/7 dedicated servers, when you start a new world you turn on/off almost everything in the game prior to setting up that world to host and then players can play in said world until you stop hosting it.

So over on Xbox- IF Klei will add a bit more toggle options for more of the games content prior to hosting a world it can be as Easy Or As Hard as the host player wants it to be..

Ex- (Spider Warriors Venom DoT turned on, Meat Effigy & Life Amulet turned off.. ) These options don’t exist in the game currently- But you Totally can toggle “More” or “Less” of a lot of things so I’d absolutely LOVE more toggle options like that for my worlds.

Maybe to be fair to the poor souls foolish enough to join your world, they could view a checklist of what’s toggled on or off prior to joining- That way they are fully aware of what kind of world set up they are stepping into.

I'd like the "Alone" server mode to make changes to how DST runs compared to other modes. For example, instead of starting up a server (or 2, for caves), it skips the server aspect entirely and just loads up the game without the ability for other players to join. Yes it's Don't Starve Together but some people are simply barred from enjoying late-game content on their own because they don't have the PC specs. Caves are the biggest example of this as it's incredibly taxing on your PC.

To summarize: When choosing the "Alone" option Id like the game to not launch a server and instead launch a singleplayer game, so those with low-end setups can actually enjoy the full game.

1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

More Eldritch base stuff! I wanna see great unspeakable horrors from the moon!

I hope they intend to do more with "eye" in the sky in the promo art. Seems like the moon is indeed an unspeakable floating horror in itself.

13 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I'd like the ability to tie specific items to specific inventory slots. I like my headgear in a certain order in the top right line of my inventory. Once I start frequently switching from say my eyebrella to miners hat while picking stuff up things get all out of whack.

There is a mod for this one if you're on PC.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503919639

Godsent!

I'd like to see more structures made out of moon lens. We have one for purple, blue and orange, but none for other 3 gems.
Moonlens.png.937fc2d7f0160046211206b728c64962.png
Fun fact: Ocuvigil was made out of yellow lens initially before being changed to purple.

And while on a subject of gems and moon rock, did you know you can put any staff into the moon base, despite only yellow staff having an effect?
image.thumb.png.182c6feb5d658d586100d03e694c2aed.png
Granted, characters have a quote about those staves being incorrect. But still, it'd be nice for this concept to get expanded upon - though I can't imagine any effects for upgraded versions of these staves, lol.

5 hours ago, SonicDen220 said:

I'd like to see more structures made out of moon lens. We have one for purple, blue and orange, but none for other 3 gems.
Moonlens.png.937fc2d7f0160046211206b728c64962.png
Fun fact: Ocuvigil was made out of yellow lens initially before being changed to purple.

And while on a subject of gems and moon rock, did you know you can put any staff into the moon base, despite only yellow staff having an effect?
image.thumb.png.182c6feb5d658d586100d03e694c2aed.png
Granted, characters have a quote about those staves being incorrect. But still, it'd be nice for this concept to get expanded upon - though I can't imagine any effects for upgraded versions of these staves, lol.

This just looks like a 6 piece Key to me... you know like placing the colored Gems into slots on a Symbol Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider style?

How many parts were there to “The Wooden Thing” in Original DS? It’s been quite awhile so I don’t remember them all, Lever, Ring Thing, Potato Thing, Divining Rod.. 

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How many parts were there to “The Wooden Thing” in Original DS? It’s been quite awhile so I don’t remember them all, Lever, Ring Thing, Potato Thing, Divining Rod.. 

4 components - metal potato, ring, box and crank. If you count the base itself - then 5. If you count the divining rod as a component (it's used in adventure mode to activate the teleportato after you assembled it) - that bring the total to 6.

55 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

4 components - metal potato, ring, box and crank. If you count the base itself - then 5. If you count the divining rod as a component (it's used in adventure mode to activate the teleportato after you assembled it) - that bring the total to 6.

Yeah I thought so, Thank You! 

I'm the only person want mechanism? We need electric, fuels, generators, metals and more crazy things. Just realize making steampunk pets. Automation is really good idea I think. And steampunk skins would be great :0

Magic system of game is poor. It's just wands and amulets. I would be happy to making necromancy, potions and bla bla. Make us feel the magic.

Also (and it's biggest problem) they should make game harder. After few (game) months game starts to be so easy. I don't talk about challenges. The world should try kill us every seconds.

Archived