Favorite modded contraption

... i don't think he means mods like that.

Many mods provide new things to play with. 

Not every mod simply gives you free stuff. 

Some are even providing additional problems.

In Example: The "Super Building Mod" provides an Smeltery that works without a dupe.

Sounds op? Not really. It takes quite a lot of energy and gets no tinkering bonus. This makes it far slower then an normal Smeltery.

So please don't brand all mods as cheating mods....

This thread might be better off in the modding subforum.

7 hours ago, TheEvilMango said:

So I'm curious how have u all been using mods?

Pholith has made a number of excellent challenge maps.  I'm currently playing Ganymede, which starts you in space with a layer of frozen hell atop a salt ocean before you get to any good stuff.

The building mods I'd most recommend are Buildable Natural Tiles and Half-Door.  Simple QoL changes that improve planning and aesthetics.  I'm terrible enough at organization that vanilla buildings can make the spaghetti to keep me entertained.

But next on my list of new mods to try is a carbon dioxide overhaul mod whose name I forget, that hugely boosts CO2 waste but adds new buildings and plant options to reprocess it. 

7 hours ago, FenrirZeroZero said:

... i don't think he means mods like that.

Many mods provide new things to play with. 

Not every mod simply gives you free stuff. 

Some are even providing additional problems.

In Example: The "Super Building Mod" provides an Smeltery that works without a dupe.

Sounds op? Not really. It takes quite a lot of energy and gets no tinkering bonus. This makes it far slower then an normal Smeltery.

So please don't brand all mods as cheating mods....

still makes the game easier since it gives you more ways to solve problems. worst case you can just avoid using it, as you arent required to actually use it.

2 hours ago, meepmoop said:

still makes the game easier since it gives you more ways to solve problems. worst case you can just avoid using it, as you arent required to actually use it.

12 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

For me it is just not interesting.

Why build something with modded buildings? Just mod building to do exactly as you like. No need to build boiler with furnace if you can just mod furnace a bit, to produce unlimited natgas. Or clean cold water

Not all mods make the game easier.  Some of them provide mechanics that just make things much harder.  One example is the lights out mod, which essentially forces you to light your entire base if you want dupes to function due to a massive debuff when working in the dark.  Some mods introduce new maps and map features that result new problems which don't exist in the regular game.

My fave non QOL is wall pumps and vents. It makes a lot of setups so much more space efficient and is pretty well balanced.
Build over plants, zoom, gas overlay and buildable natural tile are all amazing mods.
I saw a mod that allows you to queue buildings without resources available for planning and whatnot, however the same can be achieved by just copying something already built. This allows you to queue up refined metal systems like power to be built as you refine it.

7 hours ago, Zarquan said:

For me it is just not interesting.

Try installing lights out, diseases restored, CO2 reimagined, and that decor mod that means you cant spam statues etc, then tell me mods just make the game easy.

2 hours ago, KILLABUDZ said:

My fave non QOL is wall pumps and vents. It makes a lot of setups so much more space efficient and is pretty well balanced.
Build over plants, zoom, gas overlay and buildable natural tile are all amazing mods.
I saw a mod that allows you to queue buildings without resources available for planning and whatnot, however the same can be achieved by just copying something already built. This allows you to queue up refined metal systems like power to be built as you refine it.

Try installing lights out, diseases restored, CO2 reimagined, and that decor mod that means you cant spam statues etc, then tell me mods just make the game easy.

I did not say "For me it is just not interesting."  Could you quote the part I said so I know what you are responding to?  My post was agreeing that mods can make the game harder and different, so I don't know exactly what you are talking about.

I am interested in diseases restored mod, as I believe diseases should be dangerous and deadly, otherwise what's the point, but I haven't tried it yet.  I actually don't know about the others, as I don't follow mods too closely.

My favorite MOD include increasing the stat limit from 20 to 50, my dupes can run super fast and i can keep the number of dupes in low, in order to limit the FPS drops in late game.

And also extend the grooming period depends on the ranching skills, it help to reduce the number of ranchers required.

Archived