JosePapp

Are you satisfied with hamlet?

ThemInspectors    247

Hmm, there's one important thing to note that makes me wonder: Hamlet as of now hasn't been released on console. One would think that the devs would try to port it at some point in time so they can sell it to a wider audience but that hasn't happened. I'm not sure what to make of this, does it mean they're focused on making a console version, or that they've abandoned it completely?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

inferjus4    978
52 minutes ago, ThemInspectors said:

Hmm, there's one important thing to note that makes me wonder: Hamlet as of now hasn't been released on console. One would think that the devs would try to port it at some point in time so they can sell it to a wider audience but that hasn't happened. I'm not sure what to make of this, does it mean they're focused on making a console version, or that they've abandoned it completely?

Devs released Hamlet only on Steam. I think they are busy with other things and that's the reason why they forgot to release it on different platforms.

• Sad 1

Sunset Skye    7,279
19 hours ago, Roosev said:

Why would you fight Iron Hulk? For an item that gives you temporary god mode that you most likely won't have a use for since you've probably already completed Hamlet at that point.

This is a bit silly though because it assumes that
1. You refuse to use the Skyworthy, which means you're limiting yourself rather than the Living Artifact being limited in usefulness.
2. You only want to fight all the bosses and then quit playing.
The Living Artifact can be used for resource gathering, biome clearing, and fighting in any of the 3 worlds and their sublevels. Hamlet's late-game is based around clearing the world and building your own city, and then the endgame is more about using its content to complement other worlds, and the Living Artifact is a great example of that.

15 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

the only thing that soured my Hamlet experience, you CANNOT enjoy a season in just 10 days and be expected to be prepared for the other in the sametime, I mean we got out first full moon in RoG after 10 days and that gave you an idea how unique everything is.

But... you can. Hamlet's seasons are so short because they're easy to prepare for and are designed for multiple seasonal cycles of playtime. All you need to do to survive the first two seasons is craft/buy a pith hat, or make a cowl. Then during humid, you just need to forage for enough nettles to keep the hayfever away, then in lush you can start getting bramble blooms and working on creating your own nettle farm to make the next cycle easier.
There's certainly more to do in that little bit of time than RoG/SW, and you need better time management skills, but Hamlet is the third DLC for DS and I think it's reasonable that it would be more difficult.

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

minespatch    67,816
4 minutes ago, Machine Reaper said:

He is just a gown full of hot air... literally

Maxwell's third sibling?:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

__IvoCZE__    7,319
On 23. 1. 2020 at 6:34 PM, minespatch said:

Maxwell's third sibling?

I fear to ask but what even is the second one? The ugly-pore-y head?

• Haha 2

minespatch    67,816
7 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I fear to ask but what even is the second one? The ugly-pore-y head?

Jack Carter.

kiwikenobi    888

I enjoyed Hamlet and feel satisfied with it. But I'm one of the ones who got it for free, so I'm inclined to be charitable toward judging it.

@minespatch Wait, so... Maxwell's second sibling is his brother Jack who lives in California. His third sibling may or may not be hot-air Herald.

...Who's his first sibling?

Edited by kiwikenobi