Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Anatoliy Bondar

Way to pause to investigate

Hi everyone! I wonder if there is a way to pause game so I can read recipes and decide what to do next. Currently I have to constantly toggle between game and browser with opened wiki, this annoying me :\ I want to dive into game without switching to 3rd party programs :)

kiwikenobi    979

I don't think there's any function in the game itself that will allow you to browse through the crafting menus while time is stopped. You can keep switching to a browser like you've been doing, or perhaps have the wiki loaded on a smartphone or other separate device so that the game is always up on your computer. Or you can study the wiki when you're not playing the game and perhaps make notes on a piece of paper and refer to that while you're playing. Or you could challenge yourself to memorize the recipes that you're interested in before starting up the game and then play without referring to anything else.

Or you could just look at the crafting menus and recipes while the game is running. There are times when it's all right to just stand by your science machine or whatever and just look through your various options and consider them, and nothing will kill you.

It's also possible there's a mod that will enable you to pause time in the game while you look through the menus. But I don't really use mods so I can't direct you to one that will do that for you.

Captain_Rage    1283

Create a "cheat sheet" with a few assorted recipes, print it and put it up on display next to your screen. Works surprisingly well, not only for DST. :D