Vote needs a fine tuning

@PeterA and/or @ScottHansen Would be great if you guys split the 'vote_enabled' in the [GAMEPLAY] section in the cluster.ini file to allow us to decide if we want our regular players to be able to vote kick someone, vote for a rollback in case of accidents and most important vote when should have a world regeneration.

We had a 600 days endless world and a group of 4 people came in when none of the casual players was online, 'waited' the 20 days or whatever is the requirement and issued for a world regeneration vote (that passed obviously) without any plans on playing afterwards.This is the first time I see them on my server. Since my server is hosted in Europe and 3 are from US and one is from Canada means that they would have a 150-160 ping, so playing is not really an option.

I had the vote option enabled because wanted people to be able to use the first two options wile no admin was present, not allow some up to no good circumvent and abuse the system and wipe a 600 days world of progress.

Thank you.

PS: Not sure if this it the correct section for posting this, so move it if needed. Thanks.

It would definitely be helpful to be able to disable 'regenerate world' player votes while leaving the option to vote for kicks and rollbacks. I don't play on, much less run, public servers enough to have similar war stories; I just agree that it seems open to abuse.

(I know there's a Suggestions forum, though.)

Archived