New Character, New Random Events (Rook's Events and Opportunities List)

TF3

download.thumb.png.e77eb508d17ab664e3ed834b180cf657.png

- Move through the swarm and take the loot: -6 HP, Gain Spark Grenade and Shrapnel Grenade

- Leave the remains behind: Presumably nothing happens.

Bog.thumb.png.0151c4f1f6fc2bae80c8ef1eee7e5ac1.png

Probably the oddest encounter I've had yet. A " Bilebroker Bogger" asks you if you've been to the deep bog.

- Say "Yes": Earn Deep Bog Secret

- Say  "No": Earn Deep Bog Secret

Secret.png.dbdb713447d54732b9ba30ce821463a6.png

I'll keep you updated on what happens if I can max this card.

Bog2.thumb.png.71b9d6885116c0637bcd75be731602d7.png

Apparently there is a time limit to this. I only had 4/5 of the EXP needed to hatch the secret.

- Give back Deep Bog Secret: Lose Deep Bog Secret, nothing else happens.

- Refuse: Keep Deep Bog Secret, Grimdellia Hates you and gives you a Spiked Drink BaneBog3.thumb.png.266f9599a28cf370375f710a356e3d61.png

After getting all 5 EXP for Deep Bog Secrets but after the given time limit from the Bogger, I obtained a new card.BogDown.thumb.png.fcd07bdd322a05f8c79f9219f35f604b.png

7 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

My Rug's Food Post is updated with Rug's new food items for anyone who wants to know what each food item does.

Legit this was my entire reasoning for making this thread in the first place, I thought it'd be nice to have a compilation thread for Rook's events since there's only 2 days to do them.

2 hours ago, Playr10 said:

After getting all 5 EXP for Deep Bog Secrets but after the given time limit from the Bogger, I obtained a new card.

Thats interesting, Ive only ever seen the one that doubles the panic threshhold, never this one.

Apparently the Bogberries event has rng to it as to what berries appear. Had a red and a striped one, but I dont know the exact effect of the striped one since I was near max resolve.

Side note, Ive had Grimdellia appear as a Kra'deshi before in my games and now Ive found her as a human. I honestly am very confused about that, since she appears in the compendium.

.to complete the diagnostic loop enforcer, i did the main menu exploit for the bot, so i have the other hexidecimal codes

0x53.0x43.0x52.0x41.0x50: The robot will crumple into a hodgepog of items (get free loot)

0x42.0x45.0x41.0x43.0x4F.0x4E: Beacon is activated, which does nothing else but alert a few barons. no fighting, suprisingly. you can leave it alone or negotiate for a reward (100 shill "finder's fee")

0x45.0x58.0x50.0x4C.0x4F.0x44.0x45: longest line of code causes robot to commit Dr. doofenshrmirtz and blow up, sending shrapnel in your general direction (at 46 HP, i lost 10 Hp from this)

21 hours ago, TF3 said:

Thanks for the list. For the main menu thing, do you just escape to main menu mid area? I should do that myself for future runs

yeah, frankly i learned it early on since i cant beat games like these without save scumming and it's very easy to do

you can reset a conversation by going to the menu and returning to the main menu. you can then re-enter the save file to return to either a, beginning of the conversation or b, back to the general area if you aren't forced into a dialogue upon entering an area

this doesn't reset an area, so any conversations you finish are set in stone

i use this for random encounters mining. after all, it's rare to even get the correct encounter and some like rug have rng in their rng,so resetting the conversation will allow you to learn everything in an encounter

one thing however. it can reset negotiations and fights, but always reset while fighting before you die. you can't pause quickly during your death to reset fast enough. once it says defeat, the game logged your death and the best option is to just take the day reset instead of say, closing the game, thinking it would reset just like normal. you'll just lose everything related to the run.

Apparently there's an event that can occur where a merchant offers you a loan that you have to pay back the next night. I dont know if you have to be poor in order for it to occur, but I had it happen to me on the night of Day 2 so I was able to make off with the money without paying like a bandit. Here's hoping the event remains eligible for day 2 events for the duration of the Alpha since that was honestly hilarious to me.

3 hours ago, TF3 said:

Apparently there's an event that can occur where a merchant offers you a loan that you have to pay back the next night. I dont know if you have to be poor in order for it to occur, but I had it happen to me on the night of Day 2 so I was able to make off with the money without paying like a bandit. Here's hoping the event remains eligible for day 2 events for the duration of the Alpha since that was honestly hilarious to me.

Oh right, i was planning on telling that one.

i forgot what cash i had on hand, but a merchant comes and offers a loan for 35%(?) interest rate. i remember you could get the intrest rate down to 25% through a negotiation, and they had different prices. unless it's day 2, probably wouldn't choose this.

On 19.12.2019 at 2:50 AM, pacovf said:

It’s not code, it’s ASCII :p You’re missing the “ATTACK” option, but I think that one was self-explanatory anyway :) 

Wow! Realy smart catch. Didn't see that.

On 19.12.2019 at 2:55 AM, Wumpus the 19th said:

i just wrote the (ahem) "ASCII" code phrases that weren't on the main post that i found

I believe pacovf meant you can translate ASCII codes into normal characters just by using a converter. E.g. 0x53.0x43.0x52.0x41.0x50 stands for SCRAP and so on.

Ran into a very random encounter, already listed it in the main post. Starts off Rook meeting an old Admiralty Friend and a choice to either greet them or ignore them. It has three whole different versions: either the Admiralty is asking for cash, wanting to drink with you for free, or wanting help. And every time I reloaded to try to get every option, it was always Cambury who was the Admiralty friend, so I dont know if its specific to him or not.

If anyone had gotten the event could tell me what happens if you loan him cash or tell him you're poor when you actually arent, that'd be great since I wasnt able to when I was doing it.

2 hours ago, TF3 said:

Ran into a very random encounter, already listed it in the main post. Starts off Rook meeting an old Admiralty Friend and a choice to either greet them or ignore them. It has three whole different versions: either the Admiralty is asking for cash, wanting to drink with you for free, or wanting help. And every time I reloaded to try to get every option, it was always Cambury who was the Admiralty friend, so I dont know if its specific to him or not.

If anyone had gotten the event could tell me what happens if you loan him cash or tell him you're poor when you actually arent, that'd be great since I wasnt able to when I was doing it.

i believe it could be a different admiralty officer. im more suprised it can do something other than just drink with you. didn't think this encounter would have different versions. i'll report back with more knowledge once i know how the encounter works.

On 22-12-2019 at 1:46 PM, Wumpus the 19th said:

i believe it could be a different admiralty officer. im more suprised it can do something other than just drink with you. didn't think this encounter would have different versions. i'll report back with more knowledge once i know how the encounter works.

Yes like you said, it can be a different Admiralty Sergeant/Luitenant. Sometimes when he asks for help, he has some people chasing after him and then you can fight alongside him and gain his social boon I'm pretty sure. You could also negotiate to make them stop harrassing your "old friend".

The other sequence is without a fight/negotiation I believe, you just give him some money (not sure if you get social boon though), Pretty sure if you act like you don't remember him and send him packing you get the social bane.

For Grimdellia the Bilebroker "side quest" where she ask you if you have been to the "Deep Bog" and you get the card:

I was able to fully level the card after 2 Battles (my initial encounter with her was very early on like after the first two negotiations you can do).

First mission where i levelled was vs Erchin nest so pretty easy since they don't do much dmg, I played it 3 times in total.

Then vs some Spark Baron during the rally mission (my 2nd mission), you can fight him if you choose to, thats when i maxed out the card. (total 5 xp needed)

I think if you level it before nightfall you should be good to go.

A random encounter will then pop up with Grimdellia for a negotiation where you can tell her what you saw in the Deep Bog and if you win you get her "Doze Bug" social boon.

Grimdellia completion Deep Bog Card.png

Grimdellia completion Deep Bog Social Boon.png

On 22-12-2019 at 4:13 PM, Gr1m- said:

Yes like you said, it can a different Admiralty Sergeant/Luitenant. Sometimes when he asks for help, he has some people chasing after him and then you can fight alongside him and gain his social boon I'm pretty sure. You could also negotiate to make them stop harrassing your "old friend".

The other sequence is without a fight/negotiation I believe, you just give him some money (not sure if you get social boon though), Pretty sure if you act like you don't remember him and send him packing you get the social bane.

For this event if you fight alongside your Admiralty pal and win there is a chance a pretty rare fixed event pops up. I think it's only the second time I've seen it after a decent amount of runs.
AerostatCoilgunEvent.thumb.png.7662718730fab10d013c2cb5497dc2bb.pngAerostatCoilgunEvent2.thumb.png.6b649d8809e3886ea85208400bb0c66e.png

Found another pretty cool one I hadn't seen yet. It's similar to the Admiralty one I posted before. It stems from a random event and goes into a fixed one. For this one you need to save the Cobbledog from the Vroc. Then I'm guessing the event triggers once your Cobbledog gets to a low %HP. In my instance he had 2HP. Then you get something like this:AutoDogSalvagerFixedEvent1.thumb.png.b4a68124f9d5ce9730220cd8ce91e9b0.pngAutoDogSalvagerFixedEvent2ShillsAutoPlating.thumb.png.e7d932afca023113c7b6b2218c4fc659.png

You get a nice Item card and a decent amount of Shills. Very cool and efficient event imo.

i found something that i didn't see on the main post

there's a batch of lumin grenades on a caravan swarmed with bugs. i chose to run through and got the grenades "without a single bite"

rook then realized he couldn't feel anything from the elbow down, getting a "numbness" status card, which costs 2 actions to destroy and (spits out coke) 25% PERCENT LESS DAMAGE...okay that might not be so bad given the right circumstances, especially since it can be destroyed but damn that sounds like it can hurt

Archived