Robot.Justice

Game crash in entering Cave level 2

RobotCoyote    6

I would like to report that this is happening to me as well.  As soon as I entered cave level 2 and my character landed on the ground from the rope, the screen froze and I got audio noises that sounded like I was continuously picking up an multiple objects and multiple recipes were being unlocked. That audio sequence continued but got slower and slower and finally I got a pop-up window saying that Don't Starve appeared to be hung and would  I  like to kill it or wait.

I  tried restarting my device but it appears that my save game was destroyed because whenever I tried to load it up it  would go right to that spot and then repeat the error...over and over...

Don't starve Pocket version 1.14.2

ANDROID

• Android Device : Galaxy Tab S4
  • Model Number : SM-T830
  • Android OS Version Number : 9
  • Device Manufacturer : Samsung
Edited by RobotCoyote

Same thing with me. Huawei GR3. 

I never had this problem before whatever update caused this. now one of my worlds cant be played. As I load the save, character falls down the rope then theres a noise that sounds like thousands of items getting picked up at the same time, and then the game freezes with weirds sounds.

Klei... just roll it back.  Your recent updates have caused a lot of trouble. 

musteri28    1

Hello, i am living this frozen. İf i enter the cave level 2 the game will start frozen and completely shut down.

İ am using Honor 9 Lite.

İf i know this problem i buy together instead pocket edition:-(

• Like 1

Jawara    5

Samsung Galaxy S10e

I found a solution, but it will only get you out of the level 2 Caves and back up to level 1. Go to settings and turn HD off, disable Screen Shake and reload game. Now here's the fun part. Don't touch anything until you see the word "Rope" appear on the rope then press the action key once to grab it and exit. Wait for the screen to turn black and don't touch anything. Now patiently wait for the game to go back to Cave Depth level 1 and that's it. For me, this whole process took less than 5min, but it could take longer. Klei should fix this issue immediately though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vamshi_goud    3
20 hours ago, JanH said:

Hi everyone, thank you very much for the reports and device/specs information. We have informed our mobile porting developer partner about this, and they are currently investigating your reported issue further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the response

Device: Moto G5 Plus

Skiion    0
On 24/01/2020 at 7:43 AM, Jawara said:

Samsung Galaxy S10e

I found a solution, but it will only get you out of the level 2 Caves and back up to level 1. Go to settings and turn HD off, disable Screen Shake and reload game. Now here's the fun part. Don't touch anything until you see the word "Rope" appear on the rope then press the action key once to grab it and exit. Wait for the screen to turn black and don't touch anything. Now patiently wait for the game to go back to Cave Depth level 1 and that's it. For me, this whole process took less than 5min, but it could take longer. Klei should fix this issue immediately though. 

Word never appears, it freezes before :'(

Btw, Samsung Galaxy A30

Edited by Skiion
Add spec info

I have been able to get by this bug, I was gutted and have only just started discovering the goodies that can be found in the cave on Don't Starve. I descended into the cave and instantly stumbled across the deeper hole, broke it and jumped in. The game bugged out. I loaded the game several times and tried a load of different things, eventually I managed to get control of my character again on cave level 2. 

Im playing don't starve on my galaxy s10, What I did was I waited until the error report popped up, giving me the option to report the error, wait or close application, I then clicked my home button, then went to the recent page and selected the game again from there, waited again and then the game brought up the in game options, Saved and quited then reloaded the game, which then allowed me to continue and climb back up the rope. 

Hope this helps all.