From the ashes weird detail

So I was watching one of the don’t starve short and I noticed something odd in the part when we see all the beds

imageimage

Why does this one have flowers??

It kind of makes no sense to me, maybe just a little detail Klei added? or maybe a hint at someone else?

Or maybe they were just the favorite to the owners??

I’m just so confused, please help

This bed is there in every single shot of the room. Perhaps it's just there as to let the animators know what bed the terror beak is supposed to stop at, and they kept it to the other shots as to not be inconsistent... but that's a boring explanation.

Interesting detail, though, is that the shape of the flowes is nearly identical to the flower seen on Willows lighter. Daisies.

Come to think of it, maybe the sheets and her lighter wasn't actually there to begin with. Her memory might be wrong, altered, or she choose/refuse to believe otherwise. Like she chose to believe that she made the fire using the flammable materials and her lighter like a normal person, rather than through unnatural means, like her vignette suggests.

1 hour ago, Terra_Zina said:

Like she chose to believe that she made the fire using the flammable materials and her lighter like a normal person, rather than through unnatural means, like her vignette suggests.

So far I believe that Willow was in the Rochester Orphan Asylum which actually burned down via a gas leak setting on fire-

https://cornhill.org/history-of-corn-hill/corn-hill-orphanage-fire-of-1901/

It seems that Willow was thrown into the laundry room that was filled with the flammable gas, she lit up her (lighter/anything she could find at the moment) which would mean that she would burn to death in said room -which in turn means that she is supernaturally protected from fire?

Corn-Hill-Orphanage-Location-19th-Centur

From the start of From the Ashes we can see the east perpective of the asylum

8 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

So far I believe that Willow was in the Rochester Orphan Asylum which actually burned down via a gas leak setting on fire-

https://cornhill.org/history-of-corn-hill/corn-hill-orphanage-fire-of-1901/

It seems that Willow was thrown into the laundry room that was filled with the flammable gas, she lit up her (lighter/anything she could find at the moment) which would mean that she would burn to death in said room -which in turn means that she is supernaturally protected from fire?

Corn-Hill-Orphanage-Location-19th-Centur

From the start of From the Ashes we can see the east perpective of the asylum

Or it means that she’s actually dead burned to a crisp.. and only her ghost actually escaped that room in her after life, and she’s not even aware that she is already dead. This is actually the entire movie plot for some ghost movie I watched once.

(Well not Exactly the same... and I forget the name of the movie but at the beginning a family barely escapes from what would have been a deadly car wreck, and throughout the entire movie they encounter what they believe is ghosts haunting them, it turns out the “ghosts” they were seeing were the living souls all along and that they actually DID die in the car wreck that nearly took them out in the beginning.)

I’m pretty much convinced at this point that the Constant is actually some sort of afterlife purgatory between heaven and hell.. You even have a Krampus boss who comes after you for doing too many naughty activities.

It all makes sense too, Maybe Warly is actually Dead, and his Maman doesn’t have memory loss at all, Instead.. he’s been dead so long that she’s simply losing her memories of him, and it’s only by remembering him cooking food for her and what that tasted like that she can remember him.

(Again very similar to the plot from the movie Coco.)

But the question is- How exactly did everyone die??? 

We can write off Maxwell, Charlie, Wolfgang, Wes and Wilbur as having all died during the Train crash that their Circus Act was traveling in.

But what about everyone else??

On 12/13/2019 at 2:52 AM, HorseyTheYes said:

So I was watching one of the don’t starve short and I noticed something odd in the part when we see all the beds

imageimage

Why does this one have flowers??

It kind of makes no sense to me, maybe just a little detail Klei added? or maybe a hint at someone else?

Or maybe they were just the favorite to the owners??

I’m just so confused, please help

I think it'd be really cool if these were connected to another survivor who also grew up in this orphanage. I live for connections like that.  i'm sorta hoping that we can eventually make a timeline once all the animated shorts are out. 

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

We can write off Maxwell, Charlie, Wolfgang, Wes and Wilbur as having all died during the Train crash that their Circus Act was traveling in.

I highly doubt this. Nothing so far suggests the characters are dead, plus if they were, we'd see them dead, like Abigail, it's safe to assume the characters are alive because we see them alive. Or at the least, we see living Maxwell and living Charlie get pulled into the Constant. Remember the Final Act.

On 16/12/2019 at 2:29 AM, Clownyshush said:

I think it'd be really cool if these were connected to another survivor who also grew up in this orphanage. I live for connections like that.  i'm sorta hoping that we can eventually make a timeline once all the animated shorts are out. 

God just imagine if Willow ever met that person and the two become friends and then they share their tragic backstory of how they happily lived in an orphanage before it was all burnt down by a crazed arsonist and wishes to track them down and eliminate them.

Willow then jumps into a nearby wormhole

Archived