First Fuelweaver Fight

Hey !! Thanks for taking your time to read this,so long story short : I’ve never killed the Fuelweaver before,it may sound a little strange to some people but I’ve never saw a reason to defeat it in the first place,I never used that much Thulecite and raiding the ruins was a one time thing for me,my gameplay was pretty much 100% okay without the need for killing it.

HOWEVER...last year’s Winter’s Feast added a new ornament for those who killed the creature,and believe it or not,THAT was the biggest reason why I’m trying this right now,I’ve waited the WHOLE YEAR,farming armor,food,lunar tools,materials,changing characters to build stuff like catapults and generators,and slowly building and gathering knowledge in my head.

So here I am now,I will not play DST until Winter’s Feast come out,because the first thing I want to do when the update drops is kill this ancient boss (and get the tree's ornament).

(And yes,I'm on day 2163 and this is the first time I'm gonna fight the boss,after 2 years of it's release and after 24 ingame Autumns)

So please,if you have any tips that could help me in the fight or just anything related to it,please share,It would mean a lot to me :)

This is the arena that I've built to fight it :

Spoiler

Arena.png

The food I think I'll need fo the fight :

Spoiler

Food.png

The atrium :

Spoiler

Pre battle.png

Have you done preparing 

• fossil fragments
  • Shadow Atrium

i can't tell if you've already done or not.

and also 

17 minutes ago, mistrbushido said:

I think you're pretty much set. The spotlight is unnecessary because the arena will provide light when the key is in the gateway. Do you have:

• Nightmare Amulets (2 to be safe)
  • Bee Queen Hats (2 to be safe)

What do you know about the fight so far?

since you've got 40 jerky in fridge...

bee queen hat is not that important(IMO 

BUT nightmare amulets is truly important fighting ancient fuelweaver

Unless they significantly buffed the glass sword (sorry, I've been away from the game for a while and not yet up to date on everything), you might want to just stick with a ham bat. I find the unlimited durability throughout the fight is a heck of a lot more convenient then a few extra points of damage with a dark/glass sword.

But that's just my personal preference. If you're comfortable switching to new weapons when they break during the fight, then just go for it. You already made em anyway, so they might as well get some use.

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Unless they significantly buffed the glass sword (sorry, I've been away from the game for a while and not yet up to date on everything)

The Glass Cutter has actually 1.5x the durability of the dark sword if you fight Shadow creatures (Both Reanimated Skeleton and Ancient Fuelweaver count as Shadow Creatures)

I already tried once to defeat the Fuelweaver solo. The first time it took me a few attempts but I was still not successful.

Second try I managed to defeat him with just a single attempt.

Before:

image.thumb.png.5cab5628442266ebd32b926618a18e6f.png

After:

image.thumb.png.279e14d2bf2649fcb93fe84a1b55e213.png

Note that the items I had in my inventory was enough to defeat Fuelweaver, I didn't make use of any other items during the fight except the Bernies on the ground who were distracting the Shadows for me.

Essentials to even start the fight:

• 8 fossil fragments,
  • atrium key (from killing the ancient guardian),
  • the heart (from killing a level 3 shadow chess piece).

Desirable/essential equipment during the fight:

• nightmare amulet to get rid of the hands,
  • lazy explorer to get out of his cages,
  • sanity management: either a lot of sanity food or -- my preference -- one or two bee queen crowns,
  • body armour,
  • means of dealing with his healing minions. I prefer weather pains. For your first fight, get two or three. The catapults will do their job for a while, but he can break them.

Since you say you have also been switching characters, I recommend switching to Warly and making a few Volt Goat Chaud-Froids (will multiply your damage by 1.5, or by 2.5 if you fight in the rain); if you have some chillies, then might as well spice up your food, to get another 20% extra damage.

Remember that telepoofing with the lazy explorer costs you a fair bit of sanity, so use sparingly. Also start the fight with full sanity.

Oh, and I hear you on those ornaments, it was a big motivation for me to fight all the bosses, too, but you did not mention the main reason for fighting this guy: he is such a well designed boss, this fight is just great fun. Personally, I would never cheese it with catapults or other cheese methods, because it is so much fun when done right. So enjoy!

I FORGOT THE SHADOW HEART IN MY BASE,well damn...at least I can get some more Bee Queen hats.

8 hours ago, mistrbushido said:

What do you know about the fight so far?

I've seen about 10 videos of youtubers such as Joeshmocoolstuff,Glermz,Don Giani,Gellot and many others.

When It comes to the mechanics I think I learned them all,I just need to practice (and get the shadow heart,cuz I forgot about it ;-; )

4 hours ago, Bernado1 said:

I FORGOT THE SHADOW HEART IN MY BASE,well damn...at least I can get some more Bee Queen hats.

I've seen about 10 videos of youtubers such as Joeshmocoolstuff,Glermz,Don Giani,Gellot and many others.

When It comes to the mechanics I think I learned them all,I just need to practice (and get the shadow heart,cuz I forgot about it ;-; )

There was a change since all the videos that you have seen: the bone cage is now essentially unavoidable, hugging the edge is useless. You can either telepoof out of the cage or just tank him while you are stuck in it.

You probably need to practice abit, despite being well prepared, i remember the amount of things going on in this fight was too much for me in my first encounters, i was overwhelmed and made a bunch of mistakes because panic.

Now i kill him often in my world,  with the following formula: ~30 cooked cactus, jellybeans 2 heal, 1 glass cutter, 1 lazy explorer, 1 thelu crown, 1 bq crown (i swich between them when fw swings at me to conserve the bqc durability), and ofc the nightmare amulet/bonehelm. Now i do this with wolfgang on spicy jelly, as i have bundled goat jellys from warly, so i deal quite alot of damage, the fight takes just a few minutes. If you don't have spicy jelly, you probably need more than 1 lazy explorer, and a bit more sanity food. 1 glass cutter should be enough to kill him as wolf regardless tho.

Goodluck, and don t expect to perform to well in the beggining xd

UPDATE !!!

I FINALLY DID IT !!!!!

It's a nice and cool fight with very cool mechanics, I just don't understand the cage system and if it is random. But none of that matters now...because I now have the power to control the reanimated skeleton and a cute little ornament : )  

I did it !!!!!!!!!!!.png

Archived