Weirdest World Generations

Ladies and gentlemen i present to you,

The Life-less Ruins:

5debedcd54358_PS_Messages_20191207_1318131.thumb.jpg.fc004190d9e916e678d104300a1340c7.jpg

After settling down, what would have been a megabase world, i've decided to go do a small ruin rush on day 20 to gather some purple gems, frazzled wires, gears, etc. Little to my suprise, my ruins were completely lifeless (except for some dangling cave depth dwellers). No splumonkeys, no clockworks, no ancient pseudostation, no broken clockwork piles... It was really spooky and weird. I didn't mess up with the setting of my caves either for those of you who were wondering.

I was a bit bumped but i wanted to keep the world none the less because of the work me and @reichull had put in it so far. Then it came to me, maybe if we could reset the ruins, via the ancient fuelweaver, would we be able to actually get our ruins back. Well that wasn't an option either because of this:5debeda8bfe4c_PS_Messages_20191207_1318161.thumb.jpg.9daac3a28b26ba7fa56d65ccbebbb299.jpg

NO ANCIENT GUARDIAN, meaning no ancient key to even activate fuelweaver !!!

After noticing that we decided to delete the world. It was really sad because we are really picky when it comes to world-gen and the upper world finaly met nearly all of our criteria xD. 

I know i should probably report that in the bug tracker, but i would rather turn this post into a collection of weird world-gens. Good or bad, let us know what are the weirdest world-gens you people have gotten trough out your exploration in this game !

On 12/7/2019 at 2:05 PM, NSAiswatchingus said:

That is some seriously unfortunate world gen. Good thing you checked before getting too far into day count! I never would have thought, "oh let me just go check the ruins at day 20". 

I, definitely, wouldn't have either! I didn't finally beat the Ancient Guardian until after day 900(ish).....that would've sucked.... 
Although...i've still haven't attempted Fuel Weaver 

I would love a way of setting my worlds up to spawn as “Islands” please Klei <3.. 

Also there must have been an unannounced update released today for Xbox because Yesterday Wendy’s new dress was messed up looking, Today it is fixed- and to the Best of my knowledge.. Glitches don’t just glitch out for a few days and then suddenly fix themselves! 

I was wondering why I could suddenly craft some items that I defiantly don’t remember having access to in previous worlds outside of their respective Events (such as the Pumpkin Lantern & The Scarecrow from Hallowed Nights) Also it appears that (knock on wood) my BIGGEST problem with this game has been patched as Well- and that was not being able to zoom in the Mini-Map far enough to be able to identify where jack-Diddly Squat was actually at! 

So as an Xbox player I want to truly thank you guys for allowing the map to zoom in closer so I can actually see what I have and haven’t explored. :) 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would love a way of setting my worlds up to spawn as “Islands” please Klei <3.. 

Also there must have been an unannounced update released today for Xbox because Yesterday Wendy’s new dress was messed up looking, Today it is fixed- and to the Best of my knowledge.. Glitches don’t just glitch out for a few days and then suddenly fix themselves! 

I was wondering why I could suddenly craft some items that I defiantly don’t remember having access to in previous worlds outside of their respective Events (such as the Pumpkin Lantern & The Scarecrow from Hallowed Nights) Also it appears that (knock on wood) my BIGGEST problem with this game has been patched as Well- and that was not being able to zoom in the Mini-Map far enough to be able to identify where jack-Diddly Squat was actually at! 

So as an Xbox player I want to truly thank you guys for allowing the map to zoom in closer so I can actually see what I have and haven’t explored. :) 

You were always able to craft pumpkin lanterns and scarecrows.

20 minutes ago, NoscopeFelix said:

You were always able to craft pumpkin lanterns and scarecrows.

Really? Are you 100% sure?? I’ve been hosting Hallowed Nights only realms just so I can be able to craft them. haha man do I feel like an idiot now! 

But still they defiantly released some kind of silent update, Wendy’s Dress is no longer bugged with missing lower textures. (I have not attempted to burn any more trees with a Tragic Torch Skin However....) 

My Console is old and I’m certain locking up like that and powering off can’t be good for it’s health. :( So yeah if someone ELSE wants to check and see if that’s been fixed- Please be my guest and do tell us your results.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Really? Are you 100% sure?? I’ve been hosting Hallowed Nights only realms just so I can be able to craft them. haha man do I feel like an idiot now! 

But still they defiantly released some kind of silent update, Wendy’s Dress is no longer bugged with missing lower textures. (I have not attempted to burn any more trees with a Tragic Torch Skin However....) 

My Console is old and I’m certain locking up like that and powering off can’t be good for it’s health. :( So yeah if someone ELSE wants to check and see if that’s been fixed- Please be my guest and do tell us your results.

Yeah, The scarecrow was introduced with a new reign and the pumpkin lantern has been at dst since day 1. For the bug fixes I am certain it has been fixed, the dress as well as the tragic torch bug. Us PS4 players got the same update not too long ago and it didn’t get a notification for the downloaded update as well.

anyways we are getting a bit off topic here.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:53 PM, Dr. Safety said:

At the top my main world actually connects with the main lunar island, while towards the bottom right the main world wrapped around an island. The mainland somehow formed right down the middle of the lunar island.
unknown.png

huh! a streamer i watch got a gen like this as well! 

On 12/17/2019 at 1:48 AM, kiwikenobi said:

This map had the scariest thing that I ever saw in Don't Starve:

5df879cb10374_WeirdEmptyMeadow1.thumb.jpg.ba922c573f7ffc9ea6dcd85b64a2478c.jpg5df879d50dac5_WeirdEmptyMeadow2.thumb.jpg.ed30788c74ce2c43aebf33f5fe32f685.jpg

Nothing. Not even flowers. Just... emptiness. I was surprised by just how unnerving it was to encounter absolutely nothing. I never went back to that empty place. It gave me the creeps.

base in there and wait for the angered spirits of the damned to appear. 

People. If you still have those odd worlds (for PC players). Make command this command in console print(TheWorld.meta.seed), copy numbers (seed) from console and PM or leave message in this topic. If caves odd do this command in caves, if surface odd do this in surface. I really like odd generation and want messing around with it by myself.

Archived