Shpee    584

>not in the right subforum

>overpowered characters

>overpowered mechanics

hmm, yep, seems like your average workshop mod to me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1bubbainpa    1,594
11 minutes ago, Shpee said:

hmm, yep, seems like your average workshop mod to me.

Idk about that one chief, all stuff took probably took a team of developers and a ton of time to make.

Dont you dare compare this to most of the workshop mods.

• Thanks 4

Shpee    584
3 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Idk about that one chief, all stuff took probably took a team of developers and a ton of time to make.

Dont you dare compare this to most of the workshop mods.

e.PNG.e7a5998e1bd40bb917aa86639fe6ef7d.PNG

>dark sword that repairs...a.thumb.PNG.761e5be5502c7a71d44c9b5da64fb261.PNG

using bone shards, a item that the character in question gets as a drop, thus making inventory management much easier, along with no sanity penalty as said character, along with life steal.

the art, maybe, but the rest? seems pretty average to me.

• Like 2

Tosh    611

I know people are dancing around this a lot, but can anyone show me where monetisation is mentioned by either Klei or Valve? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Cassielu    66

but... who is the 3rd one? I've never heard of her in mythology, she kinda reminds me of Izanami from the Japanese Pantheon.

A classic villain in Journey to the west.

359368170    1,115
6 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

but... who is the 3rd one? I've never heard of her in mythology, she kinda reminds me of Izanami from the Japanese Pantheon

Spoiler

5dec7c9bdeb1d_.jpg.e926bcd1b77fc829d2cbf743ad0b3ce1.jpg

WB She is one MOB of Journey to the West.

• Like 1

CarlZalph    3,446
7 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Please be aware that in the case of monetisation, different guidelines apply. Klei may invoke rights to influence or otherwise get involved with the developement of The Community Content. The general agreement between Klei and mod developers may be void.[1]

P.S.: If you really need the money, you could consider setting up a donations box (for example "kofi", possibly incentivised with community-wide rewards) or a "Patreon" system.

Since the maker could have a language barrier reading some of this may be difficult for translations to go through properly.

From the source there specifically with bolded print, for where it applies to this mod, which for all intents can be read as if it were the only text:

Commercial use of Don't Starve-related mods, tools and apps are not permitted. This means you may not charge for access to the application and you may not charge for feature unlocks or offer "Pro Versions."

If you would like to monetize your Don't Starve related tool, app or mod (on desktop or mobile devices) you may do so only with in-app ads. You may also accept donations.

They then gave an alternative means for getting cash: Ads or donations.

I'd surmise the most user-friendly option is donations, but the advertisement aspect I wasn't aware of.  I'm glad I haven't seen any mod shove in-game advertisements yet, though this may only apply to external applications and not mods; fuzzy.

Edited by CarlZalph
  • Like 2

CarlZalph    3,446
4 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Now comes the question where do Skins fall under this category, Skins are in theory not features, just cosmetic overlays

A mod is the sum of its redistributed parts, that should also include all of its assets.  A feature being some smaller part of a bigger thing being presented; eg a watch with a quartz viewport is a feature as the window could have been made out of another lesser quality material like plastic.  In this case the skin is a feature as it could be a selling point- which has been taken literally here to be a for sale item- or in other words: A feature.

I'd say that all skins are to be considered a feature for the intent behind the no commercial clause Klei created, as with any other part of the mod.  This is because any facet of the mod could be considered a selling point if presented as one.

Edited by CarlZalph
  • Like 1

Tosh    611

I’ve seen plenty of stuff like this in the Fallout nexus. Generally paid content isn’t allowed, but you can use sites like gumroad where players can ‘buy’ mod item skins (from $0 up). Otherwise straight donation links or patreon seems like the way to go—though patron bonuses would have to be limited to update previews or early beta releases.

• Thanks 1

arkinox    0

i cant change the language of the mod, i tried in the mod config options in game, but it does not change at all!!!! i have looked on internet, posted... and nobody helps me, i dont want to quit the mod.. pls help