How do you feel about Winona now?

How's Winona after all this time?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Does Winona need a re-rework?

• Yes, rework her entirely
    • Sort of, give her perks a rebalance (think Woodie's post-rework rebalance)
    • No, she's fine as she is

56 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

5df010700d52f_ezgif.com-optimize(3).gif.d935cf7433b72ba6e9b163f6d16d50e2.gif 

if you want i can go get my ps4 and show you me doing it there too

The only version you CAN'T play as DLC chars in is pure vanilla (no RoG, no DLC compatibility), iirc
But why would you want to play that, anyway?

2 hours ago, Lbphero said:

5df010700d52f_ezgif.com-optimize(3).gif.d935cf7433b72ba6e9b163f6d16d50e2.gif 

if you want i can go get my ps4 and show you me doing it there too

I probably need to reinstall the Solo game- This must be patches that came out long after I gave up playing Single Player DS, but It is cool that you can now be Wilbur in Non-DLC.

You can’t blame me for NOT wanting to go back to Solo DS, we didn’t get Hamlet, It’s NOT Multiplayer, & there isn’t any cool clothing or item skins to customize my game with to unlock.

I missed A LOT of skins because I spent all my time in Shipwrecked, But once I Learned of Curio rewards for DST I started playing exclusively DST.

DST is superior in every way to DS (except maybe in the part of being totally uncompromising) This is after all the forums of DONT STARVE TOGETHER not Solo DS.

But there’s many customization toggles in DST & I’ve no idea what World Gen Branches, World Gen Loops, World Gen Biomes, World Gen Spawn Area, actually do.. It doesn’t even offer a brief description of what I screw up if I choose to change them.

We set daylight settings to always dark once just for a fun and no one could leave from the florid postern, no way to build a torch, no light source or helpful tools, it was a Pointless toggle.

I had to come here and PM & Dev just to get information on how to properly toggle all the right options so my world could actually become playable.

So yeah.. I mean, there’s also that.

If anyone would be generous enough to PM me what exactly all these various gameplay toggles do prior to setting up a world, please tell me so that I’m no longer completely screwing up my game changing them thanks. :D  

On 12/5/2019 at 2:59 PM, Axelocke said:

The Splash-O'-Brella

Provides improved shade similarly to a tree, and acts as a sprinkler if fueled with ice or when it collects rainwater passively. The sprinkler function can be toggled on or off. The sprinkler makes crops grow at an increased rate, and protects nearby natural resources (twigs, grass, bushes, etc.) with overheat protection. Overheat protection does not apply to buildings, as to not remove the Ice Flingo's purpose.

Crafting Recipe: 1x Trusty Tape, 1x Ice Cube(?), 3x Boards

I see a lot of potential with this particular idea, and I'm absolutely down for an invention like this that makes Winona valuable early-game by cutting down on gear dependency all without making the flingomatic obsolete.
The only thing I would add to this idea is to count water balloons as another source of water for this machine. At the moment, water balloons are mostly useless and generally meant for either griefing your teammates via wetness or putting out griefer fires, so this would give water balloons a genuine purpose outside of griefing and something as trivial as calming down enraged dragonfly.

31 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I probably need to reinstall the Solo game- This must be patches that came out long after I gave up playing Single Player DS, but It is cool that you can now be Wilbur in Non-DLC

this has been here since shipwrecked, you could make your game shipwrecked compatible when selecting rog and bam able to play as other characters.

We set daylight settings to always dark once just for a fun and no one could leave from the florid postern, no way to build a torch, no light source or helpful tools, it was a Pointless toggle.

set the starting spawn to lights out to get a few supplies to help you start

DS (except maybe in the part of being totally uncompromising

lol

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But there’s many customization toggles in DST & I’ve no idea what World Gen Branches, World Gen Loops, World Gen Biomes, World Gen Spawn Area, actually do.. It doesn’t even offer a brief description of what I screw up if I choose to change them.

Here are a few examples that can help you see what these settings do.  The first two have landbranch set to never, the first is landloop always, the second is landloop never.  The third is landloop default with land branch to always.

Spoiler

landloop-always.thumb.png.edba37ec6c4f65648974e761bd448234.png

landloop-never.thumb.png.e86956e135761a37deee9486b0e52ebb.png

landloop-branch-always.thumb.png.a04eade0e1288b3af05b734b235ddcb0.png

3 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Here are a few examples that can help you see what these settings do.  The first two have landbranch set to never, the first is landloop always, the second is landloop never.  The third is landloop default with land branch to always.

Hide contents

landloop-always.thumb.png.edba37ec6c4f65648974e761bd448234.png

landloop-never.thumb.png.e86956e135761a37deee9486b0e52ebb.png

landloop-branch-always.thumb.png.a04eade0e1288b3af05b734b235ddcb0.png

Thanks a bunch, I always just assumed worlds were randomly generated when building them.

Is there any options here to break all the alternate Biomes apart into their own little islands only accessible via Wormhole, Cave Tunnel or Traveling there by Boat? I want building a Boat to serve more of a core gameplay purpose other than Salt Formations or going to one tiny complete optional Lunar Island Location. :( 

And if there’s not how hard do you guys think it would be for Klei to add that as an option?

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Thanks a bunch, I always just assumed worlds were randomly generated when building them.

Is there any options here to break all the alternate Biomes apart into their own little islands only accessible via Wormhole, Cave Tunnel or Traveling there by Boat? I want building a Boat to serve more of a core gameplay purpose other than Salt Formations or going to one tiny complete optional Lunar Island Location. :( 

And if there’s not how hard do you guys think it would be for Klei to add that as an option?

You can't do that as the world is currently, but if you made land loop always, land branch none, you could use the boat in the inner circle to travel between the biomes quicker than you could by walking.  You wouldn't "need" to use the boat, but it could get you from point a to b faster than walking around.  Lucky wormhold placement might still beat the boat, and caves can sometimes create interesting shortcuts too.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Plus one for removal of Wes, everything else is too much.

Please do note that I did not say to completely REMOVE Sewing altogether but rather to CHANGE it into a Stationary Structure.. Besides, I’ve never really seen someone Knit a hat while running from an Angry Dog, If they COULD I am sure you would see lots of Postal Worker funny videos online.

I also fully support the idea that a STONE should not be repaired AT ALL by using a Sewing Kit... we need an Entirely NEW structure for that. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbola

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Come on seriously... do any of you play Minecraft like AT ALL? There are like 15 different tables that each do a different thing.

Crafting Table, Cartography Table, Archery Table, Alchemy Table, Blast Furnace, Loom Table (Aka Sewing Table) and SMITHING TABLE (used to repair swords and such..)

While DST should NOT become a direct Carbon copy of Minecraft- We should still definitely have some new crafting Stations capable of repairing THERMAL STONES and SPEARS.

Separate crafting structures for different crafttabs is the worst mechanic of DST. Why do I need thik-k-k tank for sea?! It was never a thing in solo DS. Why do I need entire map-table for one recipe?! Entire craft table for statues? W H Y ? Just reduntant sturctures added for the sake of adding.

Menicampth is so different to DST that they are not even comparable. Lets begin with the fact that you need workbench in menicampth to craft anything, you can't unlock recipe and craft it anytime you want. Second, you have very big inventory. Third. Gameplay mechanics are completly different.

I can sew clothes IRL w/o need of special table for that. I don't see the point here.

However, I agree that some structure or item to repair tools would do.

Winona's trusty tapes are already superior to sewing kits - they are cheaper to craft, take up less space (sewing kit takes 1 slot for 5 uses, while trusty tapes stack to 40 thus allowing 40 uses per slot), have additional function of Boat Patches, don't require Hound Teeth or Bee Stingers to be made.

Before I type anything else, this is my opinion and I intend not to infuriate anyone. Please do not take my opinion too seriously.

I awfully agree to everyone that implies that the reworked Winona are mostly a bland character who's only purpose is to build elaborate Boss slaughter house and be replaced by a more preferable character.

While not on-topic, I feel like the ability to swap your character for another have drawn more fuss that what it's worth. And even more off-topic, I dislike the use of the swap as I feel like I'm killing my character to choose another character to suffer to that world.

12 hours ago, Desblat said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperbola

Separate crafting structures for different crafttabs is the worst mechanic of DST. Why do I need thik-k-k tank for sea?! It was never a thing in solo DS. Why do I need entire map-table for one recipe?! Entire craft table for statues? W H Y ? Just reduntant sturctures added for the sake of adding.

Menicampth is so different to DST that they are not even comparable. Lets begin with the fact that you need workbench in menicampth to craft anything, you can't unlock recipe and craft it anytime you want. Second, you have very big inventory. Third. Gameplay mechanics are completly different.

I can sew clothes IRL w/o need of special table for that. I don't see the point here.

However, I agree that some structure or item to repair tools would do.

I honestly do not mind separate crafting stations, Because as I am certain you are aware once you have crafted a crafting station once and learned all it’s available recipes you no longer need to craft it EVER again because you can craft those items anywhere now.

I think of it as sort of like learning a new Blue Print. 

The ONLY exceptions to this are Stationary Crafting Stations that you need to carry items to and place inside its inventory (such as a Potters Wheel)

This was my Idea for Sewing- They should turn it into a Stationary Structure Players would have to place their shirts and hats they’re wanting to repair into (would be cute if it even had an animation of your character sitting on a bike like chair paddling to sew it up)

Sewing should only repair Cloth Items though.. NOT Thermal Stones, that Totally needs to be Changed to a brand new Stationary Structure Similar to Minecraft’s Smithy Table.. A special table designed to repair Spears, Axes, Pickaxes, Thermal Stone, Etc...

While Winona’s Trusty Tape should remain Unchanged- This makes Winona Significantly more Useful AND it also makes fun of the gimmick that “Plumbers Tape Fixes Everything!”

Please Do Note- that I am considering this as Winona’s ULTIMATE Rework.. and I’m basing it entirely off other characters who have yet to see there Reworked abilities even be added into the game.

List of Reworked Characters- 

Willow

Warly

Wormwood

Woodie

Winona

Wortox

Wurt

EVERYONE ELSE IS A COMPLETE MYSTERY AT THIS POINT-

What If Wolfgang gets an Exercise Dumbell that can increase strength of not just himself but his co-op allies?

What If Maxwell suddenly gains more Codex Umbra Knowledge then the game is giving him Credit for?

What if Wendy can Suddenly Befriend An Army of Ghosts just like Webber can Spiders and Wurt can Merms?

What if Webber could Sleep in Tier 3 Spider Dens like a Tent and Ride Spider Queens?

What If Wilson’s Shaved off Beard Hair turned into Nightmare Rabbits when he left it sitting on the ground when at low sanity and he could now craft mad scientist potions?

You guys get the point- So... going by That, Winona Defiantly needs something special because there are ALOT of characters who have yet to see Reworks and we have no Idea how much they’re gameplay will be significantly changed.

I rest my case when I say did anyone at all expect Woodie to get A Moose and a Goose Were-Form Transformation?

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay so Is Winona Broken????

like- She can’t plant Butterflies AT ALL she only has the option to Murder.. and to uhh Murder.. Again? 

Seems to be working properly on pc.  I can plant or murder them.  You're on console right?  Are the other characters able to plant them?  Might need to make a bug report.

2 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Seems to be working properly on pc.  I can plant or murder them.  You're on console right?  Are the other characters able to plant them?  Might need to make a bug report.

Yeah I posted it in bug report-

Don’t know if it’s been this way since the Start of Hook Line and Inker or not because I haven’t tried to catch or plant Butterflies, been too busy chasing Gingerpigs.

Archived