Predictions on the last character

On 12/5/2019 at 3:18 PM, JustCrimson said:

examines

apparently people don't know what the **** examines are

Crimson, it'd help if you would tell people that the Quotes for Gorge stuff are datamined.

There's no legit way to even see the quotes without a mod or looking through the files, and she doesn't really mention Gorge stuff in the main game.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, JustCrimson said:

examines

apparently people don't know what the **** examines are

We'd love to see Wurt's examines referencing her connection with Gorge.

If you actually have them, of course.

15 hours ago, -Variant said:

Crimson, it'd help if you would tell people that the Quotes for Gorge stuff are datamined.

There's no legit way to even see the quotes without a mod or looking through the files, and she doesn't really mention Gorge stuff in the main game.

that do be a straight fact, but it do be there

On 2019-12-09 at 9:54 PM, Canis said:

We'd love to see Wurt's examines referencing her connection with Gorge.

If you actually have them, of course.

We all have them, if you know how to find them. Assuming you're using Windows (I don't know where the Steam folder lives on Mac OS), open Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\databundles and then open the scripts.zip file. It'll have a folder called 'scripts' inside, and in there is speech_wurt.lua, which you can open with any text editor. Search inside the file for 'quagmire'.

7 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

We all have them, if you know how to find them. Assuming you're using Windows (I don't know where the Steam folder lives on Mac OS), open Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\databundles and then open the scripts.zip file. It'll have a folder called 'scripts' inside, and in there is speech_wurt.lua, which you can open with any text editor. Search inside the file for 'quagmire'.

I know how, I just don't want to. When someone clams something, it's not really our job to show evidence*, it's theirs.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

I hope it is a character who brings the two playstyles that are not currently supported in DST: ranged combat, and nomad.

There is a constant mob that does fit this......

Reveal hidden contents

Wallace :D
5df2aead96bf3_DontStarveTogetherWallace.thumb.png.c040fc8f6b824ae7189dc21bdcea8083.png

What do you mean by nomadic playstyle exactly? Because in my understanding of the word, Wigfrid and Willow are both particularly good in playing the game in a nomadic style, filling that role.

Otherwise I'd really like a ranged focused character, perhaps with low health, nerfed physical attacks but strong ranged attacks. I'd also like a rancer character like hypothetical Winnie, whose role isn't filled by any character I know. Perhaps this Walrus character may have such a side too, domesticating a number of hounds like regular MacTusk

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

What do you mean by nomadic playstyle exactly? Because in my understanding of the word, Wigfrid and Willow are both particularly good in playing the game in a nomadic style, filling that role.

Otherwise I'd really like a ranged focused character, perhaps with low health, nerfed physical attacks but strong ranged attacks. I'd also like a rancer character like hypothetical Winnie, whose role isn't filled by any character I know. Perhaps this Walrus character may have such a side too, domesticating a number of hounds like regular MacTusk

For nomadic I mean being able to pack up camp and move somewhere based on the conditions (summer - caves or desert)

Not sure how this would be implemented but if there was ever a species from the constant to be able to do this, I'd say MacTusk is the way to go.
Very Scottish with bagpipes for vocals and Wallace could be a nod to William Wallace while also being the closest name to "walrus"

Edit: I understand Warly can pack up stuff and move it, but that is just cooking based structures.

Archived