Celestial Portal - do you use it?

Do you swap characters?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you swap characters?

• Yes - I like changing my character often for fun
    • Yes - I feel I need to utilize more than 1 characters perks
    • No - I like being the same character all game
    • No - I feel part of the game is restricting myself to one set of benefits and penalties
    • Other - detail below

38 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

As much as I understand, the first Meteor Boulder has a 33% chance to become the Smooth Meteor Boulder. The second one has a 66% chance and the third one a 99% chance (4th: 100% chance). Once you reach day 60 and the Celestial Orb didn't spawn yet, then the next Meteor Boulder will become the Smooth Meteor Boulder with a chance of 100%.

That at least is what the lua tells me.

I'm not sure what the details are for meteor showers - and googling isn't giving me much info - do you know the approximate rate of getting a meteor shower, getting a meteor landing, and when you say "first meteor boulder" does that mean the first meteor of the game, per spawner, per shower?

I'd appreciate this info if you can help out.

16 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I'm not sure what the details are for meteor showers - and googling isn't giving me much info - do you know the approximate rate of getting a meteor shower, getting a meteor landing, and when you say "first meteor boulder" does that mean the first meteor of the game, per spawner, per shower?

With first meteor boulder I mean the first boulder. which grants moon rocks if you mine it, that spawns from a falling meteorite during a meteorite shower. Meteorites which are available once the world regenerates do not count towards that count.

38 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

It’s been a while since I’ve looked at the code, but from what I remember:

There are multiple meteor spawners in a world. The spawners trigger meteor shower events, which spawn multiple meteors. Each spawner seems to work independently. The time to the next meteor shower has a large variance (2-20 days). 

For each meteor spawned, there is a 15% chance for it to produce a moon boulder. And for each of these moon boulders, there is a chance for it to be the one that contains the orb.

Orb can appear whereever meteors spawn.

On 12/7/2019 at 1:17 PM, Slagger said:

I'm get bored while half of game and I remove my game lol. I didn't passed one game year ever :D I didn't even went to deeper of caves bc I dont feel like i need it

if you didnt go to the deep ends of the caves (the ruins) before giving up on dst (or your world, depending on what you meant by "remove my game") then you effectively skimped yourself out on the entire endgame of this game my dude

On 12/7/2019 at 7:29 PM, lemon demon said:

I don't like the idea of changing something supposed to be permanent. I think it goes against developer intent

It just DOESN’T make sense.. here I am surviving for x Amount of days, then all of a sudden I get the urge to commit suicide and let someone else take over my work. They even make remarks about Dying when you use it!

I would really like to know where EXACTLY Wendy goes when Wormwood takes her place. :/

On 12/9/2019 at 11:29 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I would really like to know where EXACTLY Wendy goes when Wormwood takes her place. :/

One of the Devs mentioned this on a stream ages ago so take this loosely, but apparently the characters are swapping places with one another.

There's other places out there with other Wormwoods, Wendies, Wilson's, ect ect and when you use the portal you're switching places with them.

Archived